Windows 10: Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

Discus and support Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Captain Caaaant, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?

:)

Captain Caaaant, Apr 20, 2024
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 20, 2024
  3. erocker Win User
    Installing windows from usb hard drive

I know you can do that, but what about having different windows installers on each partition? I think that's what the OP needs.

erocker, Apr 20, 2024
  4. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

little cat, Apr 20, 2024
Thema:

Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

1. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive? - Similar Threads - run another older

2. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  3. Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I run another older Windows Install from a USB coonnected hard drive?: I have a new PC and salavaged my old hard drive, have put it in a new case and it connects now externally via USB.Is there any way I can run the Windows install on that drive seperately on my new PC?...
  4. Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clone windows on another hard drive and then put that hard drive into a new computer?: I have a computer right now. I put a new ssd in it. I cloned the stuff on my old hard drive into the ssd. If I later take out that ssd to a new computer that I'm building right now. Can I keep the windows on both computers or do I have to reinstall it on the new computer with...
  5. I installed windows 10 fresh on new hard drive and when I connect older hard drives it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I installed windows 10 fresh on new hard drive and when I connect older hard drives it...: Older drives don't show up and it's content on windows explorer. submitted by /u/krispr29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmudmk/i_installed_windows_10_fresh_on_new_hard_drive/
  6. Can I install and run programs from OneDrive instead of my hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I install and run programs from OneDrive instead of my hard drive: I am trying to save hard drive C space and leverage the OneDrive space I have. Can I install and run programs from OneDrive instead of the hard drive? If so, do I need to uninstall from the ahrd drive and install on the OneDrive or can I move and make adjustments?...
  7. FS2020 Running on an SSD, but can the scenery be held on another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2020 Running on an SSD, but can the scenery be held on another hard drive: I have the it running very well on an ssd, but can the community file be used from another HD using MKLINK /J to make the hard junction with the new scenery drive or will the protections on the sim reject any interrogation/manipulation of files? I find I cannot use a...
  8. install WIndows 10 from usb drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    install WIndows 10 from usb drive to new hard drive: Is it possible to install windows 10 from usb drive to hard drive on a newly built computer? My grandson built a computer for gaming and got windows 10 on the Microsoft site. He saved it on a usb drive but doesn't know how to get it installed on the hard drive. He has usb...
  9. How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I move windows from the C drive to another hard drive?: My laptop has recently had multiple bsod, I didnt give it much attention until I decided to scan my hard drive and realized that the C has a physical bad sector, and to my luck I got a bsod and since then can't be on the laptop for more than 10 minutes without getting a...
  10. Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive: There is a previously installed Windows folder taking up many GBs of space on my D drive. I'm running my current OS from the C drive. So I went through the steps to change the ownership of the folder from Trusted Installer to my account name. Then I added my account name...