Windows 10: Can I run this graphic card with my PSU?

Discus and support Can I run this graphic card with my PSU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My PSU is 450W and want to run a Radeon HD 6850 thus, upgrading from a Radeon HD 6670. Do I have enough juice on my unit to run it? 106245 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Mandroid, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Mandroid Win User

Can I run this graphic card with my PSU?

My PSU is 450W and want to run a Radeon HD 6850 thus, upgrading from a Radeon HD 6670. Do I have enough juice on my unit to run it?

:)

Mandroid, Mar 16, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

WINDOWS 10 GRAPHICS DRIVERS UPDATE

Hi,

For better assistance with the Intel graphics card issue, we suggest contacting Intel Support. The can definitely assist you in downloading the most updated driver for your graphics card.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Mar 16, 2018
  3. msinmath Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade is not recognising my new graphics/display card

When I initially ran the Win 10 reservation app it told me that my graphics card was not compatible, so an upgrade would not occur. I upgraded my graphics card and the app still refers back to the old graphics card. How can I get the upgrade app to recognise
    my new card? I have run a windows update and ensured that the new correct drivers are installed.

My operating sysytem is windows 7 home premium with sp1.

msinmath, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Can I run this graphic card with my PSU?

Hi,
    Did you refer to the spec's sheet of the card ?
    I doubt they are very different between those two versions.

ThrashZone, Mar 16, 2018
  5. Mandroid Win User
    I don't think that the difference is huge. All I was going for was the sharper images. Also, I wanted to know if the PSU that I'm currently is actually powerful enough for either card, especially the newer one.

Mandroid, Mar 16, 2018
  6. Hi,
    Post a link to the new card I hate looking them up it might be different manufacture.... *Wink

ThrashZone, Mar 16, 2018
  7. Mandroid Win User
    Mandroid, Mar 16, 2018
  8. Can I run this graphic card with my PSU?

Hi,
    They don't say really on the foot note
    Code:
    • AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or DisplayPort™ compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
    • AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD's Universal Video Decoder (UVD).
    • AMD PowerPlay™ and AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) are technology platforms that include a broad set of capabilities offered by certain AMD Radeon™ HD GPUs. Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.
    • AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Requires 3D stereo drivers, glasses, and display. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. A list of supported stereoscopic 3D hardware is available at http://www.amd.com/HD3D.
    • AMD CrossFireX™ technology requires an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard, an AMD CrossFireX™ Bridge Interconnect (for each additional graphics card) and may require a specialized power supply.
    • Minimum recommended system power supply wattage is based on the specific graphics card and the typical power requirements of other system components. Your system may require more or less power. OEM and other pre-assembled PCs may have different power requirements.
    OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.[/quote]

ThrashZone, Mar 16, 2018
  9. Hi,
    Here it is 500w

ThrashZone, Mar 16, 2018
  10. Mandroid Win User
    Thanks so much for your help! Now I know that I need to get a 500 watts psu then. I appreciate the help!!

Mandroid, Mar 17, 2018
  11. Hi,
    Post to your existing card it might be the same recommended size *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 17, 2018
  12. bobkn Win User
    Your 450W PSU may be adequate. It would be helpful if you told us what PSU it is. (There's usually a plaque on the PSU that lists its model and specs.) If you were to upgrade, it would make sense to go larger than the suggested minimum. PSUs aren't created equal: a good 450W one may be more suitable than a poor 600W one. (The power specs aren't regulated by any law.)

Example: good 450W: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0967-_-Product Rated at 37A on the +12V rail.

Cheap 600W: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0967-_-Product 30A on the +12V rail.

The suggested minimum for the 6670 is 400W.

One thing that you'd need with a 6850 is an auxiliary 6 pin PCI-E power connector. (Or, and adapter to take two HD power connections into a single PCI-E one.)

I see that the 6850 was introduced more than 7 years ago. I hope that it will be a free upgrade. An nVidia GT 1030 (low end current model) would have better performance. The recommended PSU for the 1030 is 300W and up.

bobkn, Mar 17, 2018
  13. Mandroid Win User

Well, the Radeon 6670 that I got in my machine is old and I don't even remember where I got it. Here's a link to one.

Mandroid, Mar 17, 2018
  14. Hi,
    How about your existing psu ?
    I believe one can slip by the recommended wattage a bit 50w is not all that much
    I remember slipping by with a 350w card on a 220w psu *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 17, 2018
  15. Mandroid Win User
    @bobkn I just took a pic of my PSU. It's a "Max Power PX-480. Now I remember that I bought it at Fry's Electronics a few years back.

Can I run this graphic card with my PSU? [​IMG]

Mandroid, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I run this graphic card with my PSU? - Similar Threads - run graphic card

2. How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card: There is some games that I can't play properly without having better graphics pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-better-graphics-out-of-my-graphics/3208f5e5-7b1c-4b5a-b41b-49c1893d876b
  3. How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get better graphics out of my graphics card: There is some games that I can't play properly without having better graphics pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-better-graphics-out-of-my-graphics/3208f5e5-7b1c-4b5a-b41b-49c1893d876b
  4. My Intel intergraded graphics card isn't running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Intel intergraded graphics card isn't running: So earlier today I did a clean install of Windows 10, downgrading from Windows 11. I have 3 graphics cards, a Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti, and IntelR UHD Graphics 630, and a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter if that counts. The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is the messed up one....
  5. My Intel intergraded graphics card isn't running

My Intel intergraded graphics card isn't running: So earlier today I did a clean install of Windows 10, downgrading from Windows 11. I have 3 graphics cards, a Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti, and IntelR UHD Graphics 630, and a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter if that counts. The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is the messed up one....
  6. My Intel intergraded graphics card isn't running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I can t fix issues with my graphics card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can t fix issues with my graphics card.: Hi! My name is Razvan and I need help. I don t know how to solve the issue with graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series. When I open a game that can use a GPU, the screen turns black and the game was closed, like Roblox. I don't have a restore point:, I tried to clean...
  8. I can t fix issues with my graphics card.

I can t fix issues with my graphics card.: Hi! My name is Razvan and I need help. I don t know how to solve the issue with graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series. When I open a game that can use a GPU, the screen turns black and the game was closed, like Roblox. I don't have a restore point:, I tried to clean...
  9. I can t fix issues with my graphics card.

10. Where can I find a driver for my graphics card.

Where can I find a driver for my graphics card.: I got Windows 10 and now I need to find a driver for my graphic card. I have ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series. However I went to amd.com/drivers, but could not find it. The manual driver search only goes up to Windows 8. Please help. I need Catalyst Control Center. Thank...