Windows 10: Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

Discus and support Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2.

Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\

Windows Disk Clean-up and CCleaner do not find the above files for deletion. Can I safely delete those files found by Wise Disk Cleaner?

:)

Steve C, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 28, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

1. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache? - Similar Threads - Safely Delete Files

2. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  3. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache: Hi, these file has just randomly started showing up on my C:/Users/My Name. I have no idea what this folder is and it was created 22 Feb 2023. Along with the .cache folder which is in the same place, this has a folder inside of it called fontconfig, i just want to know if...
  4. Is this folder safe to delete .openjfx, .cache & Package Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  6. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  7. Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution

Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution: Hi, Need some technical help and advise, is it safe to delete files both in "c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution"? Will it post any technical problem after deletion? Example Windows OS corrupted?...
  8. Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is occupying a whopping 11.7 GB space. Can I safely delete this folder without causing any trouble? [img] 162569
  9. Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?

Huge "cache" file, is it safe to delete?: I ran a CCleaner scan this morning and there is a 30 gig file that I sure am not using. Heres a snip of it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-cache-file-is-it-safe-to-delete/13bde00b-43ed-44cb-972e-80ff3e1eb449
  10. is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?: i see there are multiple files leftover after windows downloaded "update patches".. and they are taking up a lot of space..because some files are over 500MB. would like to "reclaim space"*Shock 75010