Windows 10: Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

Discus and support Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2.

Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\

Windows Disk Clean-up and CCleaner do not find the above files for deletion. Can I safely delete those files found by Wise Disk Cleaner?

:)

Steve C, Aug 28, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Aug 28, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Aug 28, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache? - Similar Threads - Safely Delete Files

2. Can I safely delete install.wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I safely delete install.wim?: I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete this install.wim that is currently setting in my C drive and using 9GB? 115022
  3. Is it safe to delete a file in appdata

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to delete a file in appdata: Recently my avast has detected a pair of viruses in a file deep in my appdata more specifically the file C:\Users\My username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows . I can't find a file inside it that is infected and scanning each individual file inside it doesn't find a virus only...
  4. Can I safely delete this 2nd account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I safely delete this 2nd account: I am using a Microsoft account. There is a 2nd account displayed under Settings->Accounts. There is -no- Remove button though. I used lusrmgr.msc to display all details, which please find below. I wonder whether it is safe to delete 'users' there. Please find below:...
  5. Can I delete this WINBACKUP file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete this WINBACKUP file: Hi, I just noticed this morning that in my Documents folder, a new file appears called "fa.winbackup" and it's almost 1 GB and the file type is WINBACKUP. I think it was created when I upgraded my Suitcase Fusion app (font managements) and it created a backup of the font...
  6. can i delete "windows old files" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can i delete "windows old files" ?: i noticed my pc's memory is very depleted. i got rid of some programs i dont use...didnt help. so i ran disk cleanup and it found 28GB of junk, but after an hour, my patience soon ran out and didnt complete said scan. and even though the windows old files are over 8GB, i...
  7. is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it safe to delete "windows downloaded installation" files?: i see there are multiple files leftover after windows downloaded "update patches".. and they are taking up a lot of space..because some files are over 500MB. would like to "reclaim space"*Shock 75010
  8. Can I Delete CBS Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I Delete CBS Files?: Please see attachment. I used to delete these text files every week during my cleanup routine. Now, I guess because of CU, I don't have authority to do that. I get a message that I must get authority from SYSTEM. First, assuming I can do this somehow, which of these items...
  9. Safe to delete these folders and file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders and file?: Doing a little house cleaning today and I ran across two folders and a file that I believe can be safely deleted. The folders are empty and the file is 0 bytes. Can I safely delete them? [img] 76096
  10. Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?: Does $Windows.~WS need to be left in place for anything, e.g. 'Reset this PC', or can it be safely deleted? Thanks. 9407