Windows 10: Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

Discus and support Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am having some problems using MS account related facilities on a 24 hour basis, Cortana interests don't come up, Store is slow to login, Outlook mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

I am having some problems using MS account related facilities on a 24 hour basis, Cortana interests don't come up, Store is slow to login, Outlook mail (native app) doesn't sync, Family not available, store slow to load, etc etc. Something is triggering the issue (which does clear itself after 20-30 mins and will remain ok through multiple reboots - until the issue repeats after a day). It's only MS account reliant stuff that it happens on and only on our laptop (our desktop has no such issue).

So I am trying to trim start up services. I notice GeForce experience always starts in the taskbar tray/action centre. So I wondered if I am safe to disable all of the highlighted services. I am particulary worried about the bottom one relating to display driver. Will disabling that cause me a lot of problems and cause graphical issues. I am also wondering if intel HD control panel service can also be disabled. I am hoping to find a culprit.

Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up? [​IMG]

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 31, 2016
  2. Allen305 Win User

Will Windows fix their update feature for drivers?

Thank you for the reply! I disabled the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" in Windows 10 Pro Services and rebooted. I updated the NVidia graphic driver from NVidia. I looked at Windows Services, and Nvidia Streamer Service and NVIDIA Streamer Network were
    listed, but I did not Disable either service. I rebooted again, and Windows Update started downloading the older graphic driver. I really do not know how to kill the graphic driver update, so I killed the internet connection. Help!

Allen305, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Something Turns my Nvidia Services Off

Whenever I start the computer or leave Safe Mode something prevents my nvidia Control Panel from working by turning all my Nvidia Services off. i'm always able to turn them back on from Administrative tools/Services, but it is a nuisance.

StephenPlunkett, Mar 31, 2016
  4. Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

Yes, you can disable all of them. NVIDIA Display Driver is needed to open control panel though.

TairikuOkami, Mar 31, 2016
  5. Thank you, maybe I'll leave that one so I can open the control panel. I suspect these are not causing my issue but just wanted to eliminate them. I did hear GeForce experience gives people grief sometimes although I haven't seen it linked with my issue

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up?

1. Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up? - Similar Threads - safely disable nvidia

2. How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...: Hi, the Nvidia app loads and runs in the background every time I reboot my computer. I want to disable it, but there is no option to disable the app at startup nor in "Start Applications" in the control panel, nor in the "Task Manager" or even in the app itself. How can I...
  3. How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...: Hi, the Nvidia app loads and runs in the background every time I reboot my computer. I want to disable it, but there is no option to disable the app at startup nor in "Start Applications" in the control panel, nor in the "Task Manager" or even in the app itself. How can I...
  4. Can I disable Antimalware service executable from running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I disable Antimalware service executable from running on startup?: I know this is windows defender so I don't want to disable it completely, but it always the first thing to run and it makes my cpu go to 100%. So can I block it from starting up but still being able to use it? submitted by /u/WarriorsMustang17 [link] [comments]...
  5. What is Apple Push and can I disable it from start up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is Apple Push and can I disable it from start up?: title submitted by /u/nezmix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fto7wp/what_is_apple_push_and_can_i_disable_it_from/
  6. Is it safe to disable service Server?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to disable service Server?: Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then...
  7. blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blocking processes from running (not a service) safe or not ?: I have 2 processes, which are completely pointless: 1. gamebar presence writer 2. setting sync host Both i don't need, but they run anyways on the background. I can block them using blocking program, but there is problem it need start with admin rights, which is problematic...
  8. Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which windows/application services can safely run on Delayed Start?: Hi all - As I use and load various applications on a Win10 Pro system, it gets a bit slow after login to settle down. I'm curious if some system services and those created by applications, i.e. Acronis, can be on Delayed Start. It's easy to go into services.msc and change...
  9. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable: I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates. Services: [img] Tasks: [img] 94982
  10. [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Request] List of services that can be safely disabled: Does anyone have a list with the services that can be disabled in W10? Without affecting functions like Wi-Fi or using wireless mouse, USB. 72113