Windows 10: Can I separate -each- users folder on distinct drives ?

Discus and support Can I separate -each- users folder on distinct drives ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, What I'm looking for is not to simply change the whole userdata to another drive, but to create separate drives for each users, and have their... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mbe, Jul 11, 2016.

1. MBE
    mbe Win User

Can I separate -each- users folder on distinct drives ?

Hi,

What I'm looking for is not to simply change the whole userdata to another drive, but to create separate drives for each users, and have their application data, my doc, etc folders on their own drives.

Sadly, from looking at environment variables though I think it's not possible.. What do you think ?

My goal is to manage drive space in logical partitions. For example, I don't want to have the whole userdata directly on D: 's root, since nothing would prevent anyone from creating D:/new_folder for example..

Any idea ?

:)

2. use file history for two pc's on same external usb drive

I have two pc's on a network. One external drive connected via usb on one of the pc.s. I first enabled file history on one PC. that worked fine. When i tried to enable the second PC, it appears as though its files were added to the first pc's folders.
    No distinction was made as to the USER in the FILE HISTORY folder. I wish to keep the backups separated by user. Any help would be appreciated.

aligatrjoe, Jul 11, 2016
  3. GrrrrrRHK Win User
    1 PC, 2 PC Users, Each with Own Onedrive Accounts

I have found that Windows 10 out of the box will point each user to the same local Onedrive folder structure.

I expected each user to have their own Onedrive folder structure.

Can I get each user pointed to their own, separate Onedrive folder structure.

Although not required, it would be nice to be able to move or copy selected files from either onedrive to the other for each user.

GrrrrrRHK, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

Can I separate -each- users folder on distinct drives ?

1. Can I separate -each- users folder on distinct drives ? - Similar Threads - separate each users

2. Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?: I have two drives, one SSD and one HDD both connected to my motherboard. I have windows installed on both them. I use the SSD as the main boot and my main OS. I performed a simple driver update on the Storage Controller from Device Manager and when I restarted I got hit with...
  3. Separate users - but I need separate apps too

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Separate users - but I need separate apps too: Firstly, not 100% sure if this is the right category. I haven't got it listed as a family, but as a separate user.One is my personal account which has been on here for a year, full of games and productivity reducing fun stuff. The second is my 'work/study' account with my...
  4. Separate users - but I need separate apps too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate users - but I need separate apps too: Firstly, not 100% sure if this is the right category. I haven't got it listed as a family, but as a separate user.One is my personal account which has been on here for a year, full of games and productivity reducing fun stuff. The second is my 'work/study' account with my...
  5. Separate users - but I need separate apps too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is possible to have 2 separate and distinct versions of Windows on a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is possible to have 2 separate and distinct versions of Windows on a hard drive?: Is it possible to shrink my existing Windows partition, enough to create another partition, and install a fresh copy of Windows on it and then have a boot menu give me the option of booting either of the copies of Windows? Reason: This is for my laptop. I'm thinking a backup...
  7. Separate Google Drive Account for each User

Separate Google Drive Account for each User: If you have multiple users on a single PC, can each account connect to a separate google drive and run its own instance of google drive Backup and Sync? I assume that onedrive integrate better in this instance where you would enter the one drive for each windows users? Paul...
  8. Can a single user have multiple, visually-distinct "desktop" layouts?

Can a single user have multiple, visually-distinct "desktop" layouts?: I would like to set up different visual environments for different types of work/play on my PC, for example: "Studio" desktop -- wallpaper of my favorite recording studio. Shortcuts on the desktop/taskbar icons for Cubase, Sibelius, etc. (music production software),...
  9. Duplicate Folder on Separate Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folder on Separate Drive: I have a folder on my C drive desktop. I want to save a copy of all my work that goes into that folder, into a duplicate folder on my D drive. I want it to be seamless without having to manually copy everything from C to D drive each day. Something like an auto backup....
  10. Mirror or sync folders on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirror or sync folders on separate drives?: Does Windows 10 home have a built in function where you can automatically have the contents of a folder mirrored to another folder on another drive? 146825