Windows 10: Can I set default size for program window

Discus and support Can I set default size for program window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the latest edition of Windows 10, is there way to make an app open to a custom size after I close the app? A registry setting perhaps? Thanks. 101849 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimmyW, Jan 5, 2018.

1. JimmyW Win User

Can I set default size for program window

In the latest edition of Windows 10, is there way to make an app open to a custom size after I close the app? A registry setting perhaps? Thanks.

:)

JimmyW, Jan 5, 2018

2. How can I set the default size for icons on the Start screen to small?

@Deepak_Krishnan R: Not helpful. Please read my question more carefully. I was asking about the launcher icons on the
    Start screen. Not the desktop.

DavidVanderschel, Jan 5, 2018
  3. How can I set the default size for icons on the Start screen to small?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the size of the icons.

1. Right click on "Desktop".

2. Select "View".

3. Customize accordingly.

Also you can Press and hold CTRL key and scroll the mouse wheel to adjust the size of the desktop icons.

Also to change the size of the texts and text size of the desktop icons and see if it helps:

• Type Make Text and other items larger or smaller in the Search Bar.

• Select Make Text and other items larger or smaller.

• Under Change size of items select Set a Custom scaling level
      option and try to change the size of the text.

• You can also change the size of text for specific item in
      change text size only option.

• After selecting the Size press Apply
      which will ask you to log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Ben Myers Win User

Please repost with more details. Most applications remember their last size and position.

Ben

Ben Myers, Jan 6, 2018
  5. JimmyW Win User
    Thanks! I've overcome the issue by re-installing the problem app.

JimmyW, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I set default size for program window - Similar Threads - set default size

2. How can I set the default size and position for all posible programs I could ever open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the default size and position for all posible programs I could ever open: Please do not suggest to "open the desired program, set its size and position, close it and the next time it is opened it will remember its size and position".I need to set the default size and position any newly installed program will open with. Is it possible with Windows...
  3. How can I set the default size and position for all posible programs I could ever open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set the default size and position for all posible programs I could ever open: Please do not suggest to "open the desired program, set its size and position, close it and the next time it is opened it will remember its size and position".I need to set the default size and position any newly installed program will open with. Is it possible with Windows...
  4. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup: Hello, good day, can I set default the reduced size of a program? Is there a setting? so whenever I open it, will always be the restored sized program For specification : the "restore down button- returns the window to its previous size "...
  5. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup: Hello, good day, can I set default the reduced size of a program? Is there a setting? so whenever I open it, will always be the restored sized program For specification : the "restore down button- returns the window to its previous size "...
  6. Set a Reduced Size of Window program as default and startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how can i set an invalid program as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i set an invalid program as default?: im trying to figure out some way to prevent windows 10 from launching the web browser automatically for any reason but every method ive found has to be set for each individual app which isnt what im looking for, so instead im trying to see if i can force it to try open links...
  8. Set default explorer window size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set default explorer window size?: Is it possible to define the pixel dimensions of a new Windows Explorer window? If I resize one, subsequent ones will open at that size, but not after a reboot. I'd like to set a permanent size at a deeper level. submitted by /u/kirkbross [link] [comments]...
  9. How can I set the default size and position for all posible programs I could ever open?

How can I set the default size and position for all posible programs I could ever open?: Please do not suggest to "open the desired program, set its size and position, close it and the next time it is opened it will remember its size and position". I need to set the default size and position any newly installed program will open with. Is it possible with...
  10. Reset program windows to their default size and location

Reset program windows to their default size and location: Hello, I am a big fan of old MS-DOS games and I use DOSBox a lot to play them. The problem is, DOSBox changes the screen resolution (naturally) and after I return back to Windows, the window of many programs are resized. Windows Explorer, Settings, etc run in a small...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set vlc open program window size