Windows 10: Can I set Task Manager network performance graph to NOT auto-scale?

Discus and support Can I set Task Manager network performance graph to NOT auto-scale? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Win8/8.1/10 Task Manager's Performance tab's scale will fluctuate by the amount of traffic, and whatever screwball algorithm is interpreting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ltwally, Sep 16, 2016.

1. ltwally Win User

Can I set Task Manager network performance graph to NOT auto-scale?

The Win8/8.1/10 Task Manager's Performance tab's scale will fluctuate by the amount of traffic, and whatever screwball algorithm is interpreting that traffic. But it does not scale for brief spikes in traffic and, frankly, annoys me. I'd much prefer it if the top end of the graph was at the link speed, and not some always-fluctuating value.

Does anyone know of a way to stop the Task Manager from auto-scaling the network performance graphs?

Thanks

:)

ltwally, Sep 16, 2016
  2. carbonic Win User

GPU graph in Task Manager's performance tab

I would like there to be a GPU graph in the task manager in the performance tab.

Anyone know why there isn't any?

Example:

Can I set Task Manager network performance graph to NOT auto-scale? [​IMG]

carbonic, Sep 16, 2016
  3. How Do I Interpret the Throughput Value on Task Manager Ethernet Graph

Task Manager on the Performance tab / Ethernet selected shows a Throughput value. This is at the top right corner of the box containing the moving graph. At idle I a Throughput of 100Kbps. My link speed is 1Gbps as shown by the LEDs on the NIC card. When
    I right click the Ethernet graph and select Network Details the Link Speed is 1Gbps and Network Utilization of 0%.

So what is the meaning of the Throughput number at 100kbps? I can see small spikes on the graph about every 1 second. The Receive number in the lower corner shows 16kbps flashing about once a second. So clearly there is little network traffic. I assume Utilization
    is 0% because very few bits are being received every 1 second and it appears nothing is being sent. So my question about the Throughput number. Is it simply the vertical scale of the Graph? If that is so then calling it Throughput is misleading.

What does the Throughput number represent and how is it calculated?

Steve

Tigerg2000, Sep 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you probably won't like the idea, but you could consider a 3rd party program:

Example (I'm not saying this is the best) but:

Can I set Task Manager network performance graph to NOT auto-scale? [​IMG]

Anvir Task Manager certainly lets you set the scales.

More here (and via similar sites)
    Best Free Process Viewer | Gizmo's Freeware

dalchina, Sep 17, 2016
  5. ltwally Win User
    I'm sorry -- no, that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a way to tweak the Win10 Task Manager to not auto-scale the Performance > Network graphs. I had hoped that there might be a registry tweak that could be applied, or such.

I am not looking to replace it, or use additional tools.

Thank you

ltwally, Sep 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Then I wish you the best of luck in your quest

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I set Task Manager network performance graph to NOT auto-scale? - Similar Threads - set Task Manager

2. Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph: When I turn on my computer I open the task manager to the Wi-Fi performance graph to be sure I'm connected. Sometimes it opens with a strange green-on black grid with a 0-100 scale, first image below which shows nothing. What is this, and why does it happen? If I close it and...
  3. Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph: When I turn on my computer I open the task manager to the Wi-Fi performance graph to be sure I'm connected. Sometimes it opens with a strange green-on black grid with a 0-100 scale, first image below which shows nothing. What is this, and why does it happen? If I close it and...
  4. Mysteries about Task Manager Wi-Fi performance graph

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph: Why are there spikes in Task Manager Performance graph and most of the time 100% CPU Usage?** original title: Windows ** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikes-in-task-manager-performance-graph/84d3bb44-baaf-4ef6-8bbe-14bb50198c97
  6. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph: Why are there spikes in Task Manager Performance graph and most of the time 100% CPU Usage?** original title: Windows ** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikes-in-task-manager-performance-graph/84d3bb44-baaf-4ef6-8bbe-14bb50198c97
  7. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager

No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager: I have my BT on and running, and it's also showing in the tray icon.But why it's not showing in task manager as it show's in other PCs.What will I have to do to make it show in there?Thanks in advance....
  9. No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager: I have my BT on and running, and it's also showing in the tray icon.But why it's not showing in task manager as it show's in other PCs.What will I have to do to make it show in there?Thanks in advance....
  10. No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set task manager ethernet throughput graph scale