Windows 10: Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm currently using the Windows 10 Mail App and have 8 different email accounts. When I open the mail app, I want my most-used email account to the the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tomel, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Tomel Win User

Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App

I'm currently using the Windows 10 Mail App and have 8 different email accounts. When I open the mail app, I want my most-used email account to the the first one to open. Is there any way to change which email account appears when the Windows Mail App is opened?

Thanks.

:)

Tomel, Jul 16, 2016
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - Selecting which email account opens by default

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to Deepak Kodi's answer posted on this
    link
    on how to set default mail app in Windows 10.

If you are logging in using Microsoft account as the administrator in your Windows 10, that Microsoft account will be set automatically as your default account.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    I want to opt out of "add a new mail account"

A default program for email opens when you click a mailto link on your browser. It tells the browser that it should compose an email in the visitor's default email program on their computer. You can use the mail app to login to your email
    account so you can contact the organization's website through email.

For more information about the Windows 10 Mail app, you can check this
    link

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Tomel Win User

I just answered my own question and it was something easy I should have tried before posting.

Here's the answer. Open the Windows 10 Mail App and right click on you preferred primary email account. Chose pin to start page. Now unpin the Windows 10 App from the start page, substituting your newly pinned email account. Now when you click your default email account on the start page, the Windows Mail App opens with your preferred email account already selected.

Hope this helps someone else with the same question.

Tomel, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - set default linked

2. Windows 10 Mail app: Can not send mail or verify account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app: Can not send mail or verify account: I keep getting a message asking me to sign-in and verify my Outlook account when trying to send email using the Windows desktop Mail app. This is extremely bothersome for me because I am blind and it’s difficult trying to complete the audio or sighted challenge. What’s...
  3. Default Mail app will not set

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  4. Windows Mail linked accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail linked accounts.: How can I solve my mail accounts being linked back to original layout. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-linked-accounts/d5a36909-1ca0-4093-8d9f-47807b7bee24
  5. Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app

Canot set up BT mail accounts on Windows 10 Mail app: Trying to set up my BT e mail accounts in Windows 10 mail. They seem to set up OK but then I keep getting a message that settings are out of date and asked to reinput password. The passwords are fine as I can access the accounts on ipad or on the webserver. How do I get them...
  6. How can I REALLY set Windows 10 Mail as my default mail client?

How can I REALLY set Windows 10 Mail as my default mail client?: In Windows 10 Settings I have set the Mail app as my default email client. [ATTACH] However certain applications regard Microsoft Outlook as my default client, such as Adobe Reader: [ATTACH] Also Windows (file) Explorer, Microsoft Office, or the Snipping Tool. How can I...
  7. links in mail account

links in mail account: Recently I am unable to open links from my windows mail how do I fix this- I can open them from the outlook.com website- but not from the windows mail app on my pc Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email...
  8. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...
  9. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...
  10. Can not open Windows settings and default apps

Can not open Windows settings and default apps: Hi, today i have updated from W7 to W10 on my Lenovo Z580. Now I can not open settings and Windows10 apps like Calendar, Edge,... (and calculator as well - "Explorer.exe element not found"). Tried Emerging Issue 67758 fix but it didnt find any issue. Can you please help me?...