Windows 10: Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm currently using the Windows 10 Mail App and have 8 different email accounts. When I open the mail app, I want my most-used email account to the the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tomel, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Tomel Win User

Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App

I'm currently using the Windows 10 Mail App and have 8 different email accounts. When I open the mail app, I want my most-used email account to the the first one to open. Is there any way to change which email account appears when the Windows Mail App is opened?

Thanks.

:)

Tomel, Jul 16, 2016
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - Selecting which email account opens by default

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to Deepak Kodi's answer posted on this
    link
    on how to set default mail app in Windows 10.

If you are logging in using Microsoft account as the administrator in your Windows 10, that Microsoft account will be set automatically as your default account.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    I want to opt out of "add a new mail account"

A default program for email opens when you click a mailto link on your browser. It tells the browser that it should compose an email in the visitor's default email program on their computer. You can use the mail app to login to your email
    account so you can contact the organization's website through email.

For more information about the Windows 10 Mail app, you can check this
    link

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Tomel Win User

I just answered my own question and it was something easy I should have tried before posting.

Here's the answer. Open the Windows 10 Mail App and right click on you preferred primary email account. Chose pin to start page. Now unpin the Windows 10 App from the start page, substituting your newly pinned email account. Now when you click your default email account on the start page, the Windows Mail App opens with your preferred email account already selected.

Hope this helps someone else with the same question.

Tomel, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - set default linked

2. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  3. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  4. Linking iCloud account to mail app

Linking iCloud account to mail app: I recently purchased a PC and while setting up i attempted to setup my icloud account but the mail app says my settings are out of date. went through the steps suggested and setup two factor authenication but it was no help. anyone have suggestions?...
  5. Windows 10 mail app resets account settings to defaults

Windows 10 mail app resets account settings to defaults: I have a long term recurring problem with the Windows 10 mail app - The Windows 10 mail app periodically resets the signature, swipe, focused inbox, and other settings to default. When it happens, it does it for all configured accounts. 3-9 accounts per machine It happens on...
  6. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  7. Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings

Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings: Last week, all of a sudden, I could no longer open any embedded links in emails while using the app. I even tried to go to the help feature in settings, and it will not open that link either. Sometimes I just get the string website address I am assuming and other times I...
  8. Default Mail app will not set

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  9. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...
  10. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...