Windows 10: Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

Discus and support Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my personal laptop with me at work today. It is now downloading Win10 10166, but its at about 30% and I don't think it will finish by the time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountryBumkin, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

I have my personal laptop with me at work today. It is now downloading Win10 10166, but its at about 30% and I don't think it will finish by the time I get out of work (in about 30 minutes). Can I just shut down Windows in the middle of the download if it's not finished by 5?

If I don't hear back, I guess I'll find out. I suppose I could just leave the laptop at work tonight (to finish download) if necessary.

:)

CountryBumkin, Jul 8, 2015
  2. MarkH_NL Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472) Failed to install

Each time I start my PC this update starts downloading. It downloads without problem (although eating up bandwidth) and then wants to restart the computer. When I do that it tries to install, and when the PC is running again I get "Failed to install" with
    a date in the update history. It then starts downloading the update again. Ad infinitum.

I can find reports of the download stopping in the middle - that does not happen.

I can find reports of an error code. I don't get that (or don't know where to look).

How do I solve this?

MarkH_NL, Jul 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 download eating up data usage. If I stop it, do I have to start all over again?

Windows 10 download is taking forever. Can I stop it and then start where it left off, or does it start all over again?

MShifflett, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

Question answered. I shut down laptop at 5pm and went home.
    I'm home now, laptop powered up - and download is starting over from 0%.

CountryBumkin, Jul 9, 2015
Thema:

Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

1. Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it? - Similar Threads - stop download middle

2. How can I install windows 1803 and stop it updating to 1809, and where?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install windows 1803 and stop it updating to 1809, and where?: I have issues in 1809 and I want to try 1803. Where can I securely download and stop it updating? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-windows-1803-and-stop-it/1a9053ea-7a9e-44d8-b679-b43c788fad9c
  3. Where can I get a Windows 1703 download?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I get a Windows 1703 download?: Where can I get a link to Windows 10 1703? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-get-a-windows-1703-download/155a755c-5800-4de1-a2b5-f8fe140b4c20
  4. web cam stopped working then restarted as I contacted Ricky A then stopped again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web cam stopped working then restarted as I contacted Ricky A then stopped again?: My web Cam stopped working after latest windows 10 update giving error as> 0xA000F4271 Media Capture Failed event 0xC00D374 I started an online conversation with your tech man Ricky A ant my webcam appeared to be OK then! I stopped chatting as all appeared on and again it...
  5. Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?: I run Drobo device that is a multi-drive storage device. My internal hard drives (SSD and standard) are set to defrag on a schedule but I disabled automatical defrag feature for new drives. But I see that these drives are automatically defragged several times a year and I...
  6. Sentences stop entering in the middle of words

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sentences stop entering in the middle of words: When I am writing a note or a search often my sentence disappears and I have to re highlight the line to finish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sentences-stop-entering-in-the-middle-of-words/29f81bb6-e93b-4267-938c-642cb420afff
  7. Can i stop 'Fall' Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i stop 'Fall' Update: Windows updated when i woke this morning to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. and i found my Graphics card AMD Radeon 3400 series is no longer supported. Ive read the various threads on this issue and seen a lot of people have this problem also and i had to roll back to...
  8. Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?

Can I Stop automatic updating/restarting?: I am having issues when the pc is turned on/booted, it gets stuck before windows loads. Sometimes it gets stuck showing "i-obit defrag" at startup. I have uninstalled the i-obit software; but, this defrag at startup is still active. Because of this, it takes me multiple tries...
  9. Can I STOP Forced Update?

Can I STOP Forced Update?: Before you say I should read the tutorials, I already did. *Wink I have made the changes to only notify me of updates...like the Tuesday ones. It does do this, but I wait a few days to download and install them to be sure there are no issues reported. Here is what happens...
  10. How can I stop One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I stop One Drive: How can I stop One Drive as I never use it? 58696