Windows 10: Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

Discus and support Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my personal laptop with me at work today. It is now downloading Win10 10166, but its at about 30% and I don't think it will finish by the time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountryBumkin, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

I have my personal laptop with me at work today. It is now downloading Win10 10166, but its at about 30% and I don't think it will finish by the time I get out of work (in about 30 minutes). Can I just shut down Windows in the middle of the download if it's not finished by 5?

If I don't hear back, I guess I'll find out. I suppose I could just leave the laptop at work tonight (to finish download) if necessary.

:)

CountryBumkin, Jul 8, 2015
  2. MarkH_NL Win User

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472) Failed to install

Each time I start my PC this update starts downloading. It downloads without problem (although eating up bandwidth) and then wants to restart the computer. When I do that it tries to install, and when the PC is running again I get "Failed to install" with
    a date in the update history. It then starts downloading the update again. Ad infinitum.

I can find reports of the download stopping in the middle - that does not happen.

I can find reports of an error code. I don't get that (or don't know where to look).

How do I solve this?

MarkH_NL, Jul 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 download eating up data usage. If I stop it, do I have to start all over again?

Windows 10 download is taking forever. Can I stop it and then start where it left off, or does it start all over again?

MShifflett, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

Question answered. I shut down laptop at 5pm and went home.
    I'm home now, laptop powered up - and download is starting over from 0%.

CountryBumkin, Jul 9, 2015
Thema:

Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it?

1. Can I stop download in middle - will it start again where I stop it? - Similar Threads - stop download middle

2. Notifications randomly stop and start again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications randomly stop and start again: Ocassionally, like 5-10 times a week all notifications will stop working. Which is a huge problem for things like missing slack and calendar notifications. Interestingly, the sounds of the alerts work, but not the visual notification in the lower portion of the screen. After...
  3. Notifications randomly stop and start again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications randomly stop and start again: Ocassionally, like 5-10 times a week all notifications will stop working. Which is a huge problem for things like missing slack and calendar notifications. Interestingly, the sounds of the alerts work, but not the visual notification in the lower portion of the screen. After...
  4. Where can I download RPCCfg.exe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where can I download RPCCfg.exe?: I'm trying to fix my networked printer issue using the method described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-2004#2737msgdesc In order to reconfigure the RPC dynamic port range, I'm attempting to use the procedure found here:...
  5. Where can I download RPCCfg.exe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I download RPCCfg.exe?: I'm trying to fix my networked printer issue using the method described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-2004#2737msgdesc In order to reconfigure the RPC dynamic port range, I'm attempting to use the procedure found here:...
  6. How can i stop this thing to show up in the middle of the game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i stop this thing to show up in the middle of the game?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/404_no_name [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvga1p/how_can_i_stop_this_thing_to_show_up_in_the/
  7. How can I "STOP" this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I "STOP" this . . .: This is a real problem. I'm running Windows 10 pro on my Laptop. I use Google Chrome. It's my favorite browser! The problem is, Ad Block was installed, and it was added to Chrome? And, when I open Chrome, it has a very strange screen. Not usable! So. I thought, I'll just...
  8. Where can I download FSX

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can I download FSX: Hi forum Can someone please tell me where I can download flight simulator x, I know there is a new flight simulator incoming but I want to try flight simulator x before, I heard the game had a high level development....
  9. download/install stopped in the middle

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    download/install stopped in the middle: Office install stopped in the middle about 50 percent done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloadinstall-stopped-in-the-middle/986d5ad6-2a9c-4f62-a205-88504464134c"
  10. Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defragmentation starts working automatically, can I stop it?: I run Drobo device that is a multi-drive storage device. My internal hard drives (SSD and standard) are set to defrag on a schedule but I disabled automatical defrag feature for new drives. But I see that these drives are automatically defragged several times a year and I...