Windows 10: Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?

Discus and support Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I was referred here by some wonderful folks on the sonar forums. I am hoping to just do my work and stop worrying about my pc and windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robbyk333, Jun 15, 2018.

1. robbyk333 Win User

Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?

Hello, I was referred here by some wonderful folks on the sonar forums. I am hoping to just do my work and stop worrying about my pc and windows updates. I have win 10 home, it is a brand new Dell XP (or something like that) I just got in Jan.

Will this answer work from microsoft?

windows 10 windows update keeps turning it self back on after i turn - Microsoft Community

Please note, I have researched this a lot (google, youtube, Sonar and here) and am aware of the metered connection tricks and others, etc...So I am aware that basically nothing works as far as I know. I just need to connect briefly each day or for a day or two each week. Thanks.

My frustration stems from Win update killing 2 of my 3 pcs last fall, both win 7 got the BSOD after the update within a few hours of each other. My studio DAW is still sitting on the floor and I hope soon I will try to fix it again with the great help from here I have heard about. My family pc, I got working in about a week and not all sure what happened, it just stopped giving a BSOD everytime I turned it on?

I got my new Dell in Jan 2018 and began reinstalling my audio equipment, software, instruments, etc.

The very 1st win update this winter took control of my pc for nearly 3 days with just a black screen.. Then it booted and gave a Stopcode, etc. Windows won't start...I just kept clicking at things and it eventually started but it had hosed my audio. OK.

Every single update following that, same thing. Takes up to a day to reboot, then stopcode, etc...click through it, then no audio...

So I wanted to just bag it. I disconnected just prior to the 1803 and it is heaven. All works so well. Now I must connect to do business for a while, perhaps 1-2 days per week. Updating drivers, installing new software, sending music to publishers, etc...The film work is what is getting tired. Continually copying to an external HD, transferring over to the family pc and uploading, etc. So time consuming...

The 1803 will kill my pc I am sure, and nonetheless it is only bloatware and spyware (in my mind, I'm happy for those that like this stuff) that a audio technician does not need.

I am so surprised that windows wants so desperately to control my actions and to send all my info to some place for who knows why so continually...

Anyway, I had to rant a little. I have terminal cancer and I'm just trying to do my work the best I can in the time I have. I don't want to keep buying pcs and reinstalling my equipment. This new pc took me 6 months to get it into shape just like I want it.

Thanks so much. I truly appreciate it!

:)

robbyk333, Jun 15, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

How to stop Win 1803 update

Hello Keith,

The new update can cause compatibility problems such as device drivers not functioning correctly. In line with this, we suggest that you reach out to your device's manufacturer support for compatible drivers.

Regarding stopping updates, you can defer new feature updates and pause quality updates in the Settings app. However, these options are only available on
    Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. Here's how:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced options.
    • Under Choose when updates are installed, select the readiness level: Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) or
      Semi-Annual Channel.
    • Select the number of days that you want to defer installing Windows 10 version 1803.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 16, 2018
  3. Stop Win 10 install

Hi Bryon,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

• Let us know are you referring to Update list when you say "Win 10 mailing list"?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Navneet Anand, Jun 16, 2018
  4. stew4952 Win User

How to STOP Win 10 upgrade on nonsupported device

I did as suggested in steps 1 and 2 then deleted the downloaded Win 10 setup files.

Next I used the media creation tool and select to "upgrade".

I let it do it's thing and after couple reboots I now have working Windows 10.

The help was GREATLY appreciated.

thank you

Robert

stew4952, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home? - Similar Threads - stop 1803 upgrade

2. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade: I have purchased online Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro upgrade. My Internet connection failed during upgrade download. Activation key was not received with the Invoice. How to restart download and activate Win 10 Pro?...
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home 1803: I bought a new laptop last month and now it states the Windows 10 version I have (Home 1803) will be out of date in November 2019 and no longer receiving security updates and that I should upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10. What is this newer version? and how safe is...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903

Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903: HI I have been trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 1903 from 1803. I have tried from the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and from the Media tool with no success.The process is complaining that one or more devices are not compatible or device drivers are not available and...
  5. Win 10 Home 1803 End of Support

Win 10 Home 1803 End of Support: Have been trying to update to 1903 for days, not working. Troubleshooter tells me there is maybe an error in the Update Database. So how do I force the update? Thanks...
  6. win 10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

win 10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/8cd98369-24b6-4a40-ae10-4e67706373f3
  7. i can not upgrade win 10

i can not upgrade win 10: [IMG] [ATTACH] as in pics i want to upgrade win 10 but there is a message always show up (1st pic) it wants me to uninstall avira antivirus which i already uninstalled it i want help if someone can...
  8. upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809

upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809: Sir I tried to upgrade from WIN 10 Version 1803 to WIN 10 1809 I am getting error code 0xc1900201 and message "we could not update the system reserved partition". How to fix this error pl. guide....
  9. Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803

Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803: I would just like to add my pennies worth regarding my frustration over the last twelve months or so trying to upgrade to what ever the latest win 10 Feature version is currently available. Firstly I must say I am now up and running with Win 10 1803, thanks to a community...
  10. upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro

upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro: i try to upgrade my laptop with pre-installed windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. but there is an eror with activate the serial number of windows 10 pro. i have tried by online with: start--setting--update & security---activation---go to microsoft store an error as pictured...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade windows 1803 stoppen