Windows 10: Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart?

Discus and support Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just a simple question; a quick search did not yield an answer, but if it has already been answered elsewhere I'll happily find that thread instead.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by darkwarrior42, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart?

Just a simple question; a quick search did not yield an answer, but if it has already been answered elsewhere I'll happily find that thread instead.

Is there a way to stop Windows Action Center from telling me that I need to restart to apply updates? I've already found a way to manually prevent Windows from restarting without my permission, and I would rather not have it interrupting full-screen applications to remind me of this fact.

E2A: Windows 10 Professional

(If your response is a simple "no, that's not possible without applying the updates", that's fine. If your response includes any explanations of why I should already have applied the updates, or any variant on why I shouldn't be asking this question, I'm not interested.)

:)

darkwarrior42, Apr 30, 2018

2. How can I stop Cortana from telling me about the Get Reminders Across Your Devices option

Thank you, that plus a restart has taken care of the issue.

Really appreciate your quick reply Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart? :)

ReportedEye60, Apr 30, 2018
  3. How can I stop Cortana from telling me about the Get Reminders Across Your Devices option

Hi there,

New PC with Win 10 Home and I've been through all of the Cortana and Notebook settings and still cannot get rid of the message

"Get Reminders Across Your Devices.". Even letting Cortana send the text message to my phone didn't stop it.

Clicking on "not now" only gets rid of it temporarily.

thanks

ReportedEye60, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart?

Brink, Apr 30, 2018
Thema:

Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart?

1. Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart? - Similar Threads - stop notifications telling

2. The Windows 11 explorer keeps restarting, can someone tell me how I can fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows 11 explorer keeps restarting, can someone tell me how I can fix this?: As you may know from the title, my Windows 11 explorer will randomly restart, which means things like the taskbar will go blank, and then reload all of the icons, and it can be very disruptive sometimes. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? I don't want to be bothered by...
  3. The Windows 11 explorer keeps restarting, can someone tell me how I can fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows 11 explorer keeps restarting, can someone tell me how I can fix this?: As you may know from the title, my Windows 11 explorer will randomly restart, which means things like the taskbar will go blank, and then reload all of the icons, and it can be very disruptive sometimes. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this? I don't want to be bothered by...
  4. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  5. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  6. Notification tells me I have a virus.

Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  7. Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wchris63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyltu2/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_stop_this/
  8. Can someone tell me what is causing this notification sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what is causing this notification sound?: https://imgur.com/a/nzGkS1I I've been hearing it every 20 minutes or so and it's driving me crazy. I've disabled system sounds AND notifications in Windows, yet it keeps on coming. Help appreciated! submitted by /u/BootlegMoon [link] [comments]...
  9. Please Tell Me I Can Change This

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Tell Me I Can Change This: Hi :) Below is a screenshot of my 'Downloads' folder. As you can see it's divided in two by today's activity and yesterday's. Not too long ago, it was all one big field without the separations of the days. Is there any way to revert back to that? My Windows version is below....
  10. Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing?: Is there a way to stop the alerts from Windows Defender that uselessly tell me it found nothing? If there's no problem, I don't need or want to hear about it. Just tell me if/when it finds something suspicious, then I'll deal with it. Otherwise STHU! 89565