Windows 10: Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?

Discus and support Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Following on from the discussion below in the Ransomware thread, I've been trying to turn off SMB1 in Windows (given it's been highlighted as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidY, May 20, 2017.

1. DavidY Win User

Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?

Following on from the discussion below in the Ransomware thread, I've been trying to turn off SMB1 in Windows (given it's been highlighted as an security risk) but still retain access to my Seagate Goflex Home, which is an old NAS device.

However I've not had any luck with the change suggested.

I don't think there's an officially supported way to get into the Linux it's running, but there is a workaround on the OpenStora website. This allowed me to access the /etc/samba folder and replace the smb.conf with a modified version containing the extra "max protocol " line, as suggested by @jimbo45.

I tried both SMB3 and SMB2, rebooting between each change.

But I still can't access the fileshare on a Windows 10 machine with the SMB1 feature switched off.

I did run the smbstatus command, which returned:
    Samba version 3.0.28-0.el5.8.oe5

I'm wondering if the version of Samba running on this NSA might simply be too old to support SMB2 or SMB3 ?

It's a long time since I used Unix to any degree so it's possible I missed something.

Here's part of the original discussion:
    :)

DavidY, May 20, 2017

2. Seagate not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Seagate GoFlex is NOT compatible with Windows 10.

SueMarkgraf, May 20, 2017
  3. scootesid Win User
    Goflex

I would but cannot find cotact information on Seagate Goflex

scootesid, May 20, 2017
Thema:

Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?

1. Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home? - Similar Threads - switch off SMBv1

2. GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GOFLEX home personal NAS not acessible: Hi community, I have a frustrating issue in that I have a GOFLEX HOME personal NAS that was working fine until yesterday when I had to upgrade computer and reinstall windows. Since then I have been unable to access, however the UPNP device is showing in explorer window -...
  3. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair: I have a 2 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex EHD that gave an intermittent response to File Explorer. It now won't show up at all. I considered buying a new base but the cost is only a little less than a different EHD. Is there some way to remove the HDD from the EHD enclosure? Is...
  4. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10: To get the FreeAgent GoFlex Home NAS to work under Windows 10, try the following: In Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, check Turn on Network Discovery and Turn on File and Printer Sharing (not sure if the latter is necessary)....
  5. Seagate GoFlex not recognized by Windows 10 Latest update

Seagate GoFlex not recognized by Windows 10 Latest update: I have an older Seagate GoFlex drive which used to be recognized but no longer. with the latest Windows 10 Update Checked the forums and learned about SMBv1 used by Seagate and no longer supported . Ran optionalfeatures and followed instructions to enable SMB 1 - NO LUCK....
  6. Seagate goflex home not available after last update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seagate goflex home not available after last update of windows 10: I know this question has been answered before for other versions or updates of windows, but now on 2019 my seagate dashboard stops working after a windows update, but not just the dashboard but the entire partitions of my disk are gone from windows (they used to appear as a...
  7. How can I switch off automatic reboots?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I switch off automatic reboots?: It happened again, during a long-running installation (two hours) on a virtual machine on my desktop. Windows decided that nothing important was going on and rebooted because it had just updated itself. Thankyou Windows. I can restart the installation. Another hour lost. Is...
  8. GoFlex external

GoFlex external: I just downloaded the Windows 10 update and now it says Dashboard is not supported. I can not find my Seagate GoFlex external 3T drive. It's a wireless connection and I've looked everywhere to see if I can see it on my network and in wireless but it's gone. Any help on...
  9. Any progress on Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives?

Any progress on Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives?: Still can only access drive by web interface - can't backup to drive or even connect directly. When are you going to fix it Microsoft? Has anyone got a third party solution for backups to GoFlex drive?...
  10. Seagate Dashboard for GoFlex on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Dashboard for GoFlex on Win 10: This used to work until the latest update to Win 10 in August 2018. I re-installed as Admin, then tried to change Compatibility Win XP 3. It doesn't work anymore with Compatibility Win 7 or 8. Running as Admin doesn't work either. It just stops when it tries to locate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updates for seagete goflex to smbv2 or later

2. connecting to goflex home via switch

3. goflex smbv2

4. goflex home smb2,
  5. turning smb2 on segate drive,
  6. seagate goflex_home smb,
  7. go flex satellite does not switch off,
  8. goflex home does not work smb2,
  9. seagate nas update for smbv2,
  10. goflex home smb fix,
  11. go flex nees smb1,