Windows 10: Can I transfer Email Contacts from Outlook 2007 to W-10 Default Email

Discus and support Can I transfer Email Contacts from Outlook 2007 to W-10 Default Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using 2003 and 2007 Outlook Express for my emails for years. Is it possible to transfer my email contacts from 2007 to my new computer?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LeeB, Jul 16, 2017.

1. LeeB Win User

Can I transfer Email Contacts from Outlook 2007 to W-10 Default Email

I have been using 2003 and 2007 Outlook Express for my emails for years. Is it possible to transfer my email contacts from 2007 to my new computer?

Thanks

I searched tutorials and found nothing

:)

2. Tsoilihoi Win User

imap not working after creator fall update.

when I try to share a document from nitro pdf or ms word 2007, sending a file to outlook 2007 or em client the mapi transfer fails. I get an operational error from ms word and nothing happens when I try to click send attachment by email in nitro pdf. This
    is a new problem since the win 10 update.

I can click an email link from the internet browser and that brings up the default client. I hope that microsoft hasn't disabled outlook 2007s mapi function.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Tsoilihoi, Jul 16, 2017
  3. KAMESMAIL Win User
    TRANSFER eMAIL CONTACTS TO MY NEW W=10 LAPTOP

I HAD ATT.NET eMAIL FOR MY OLD W-8 LAPTOP.

JUST GOT A NEW W-10 ASUS LAPTOP.

HAVE SET UP eMAIL ACCOUNT FOR MY ATT.NET eMAIL ADDRESS IN NEW W-10 LAPTOP.

AM USING W-10 "MAIL".

RECEIVING eMAILS; RESPONDING TO eMAILS; SENDING eMAILS........ ALL OK

BUT, eMAIL CONTACTS WILL NOT TRANSFER.

HOW DO I TRANSFER MY CONTACTS TO NEW W-10 LAP TOP??

THANK YOU.

KAMESMAIL, Jul 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Dealing with different E-Mail clients [installed] and online/Webmail has become one of the most frustrating issues of the last few years.

Outlook Express was discontinued, last came with Windows XP. Windows Vista had Mail and Windows 7 had no built-in E-Mail Client. With Outlook Express the contacts were in the Windows Address Book and the file name was some_name.wab, whatever the user set the E-Mail up as. Outlook Express did not use the 2003 and 2007 version titles, that was with Microsoft Outlook, part of Microsoft Office which used different storage techniques. Generally both types could Export contacts as .csv files which could be used in other programs or even as a spreadsheet in such a program as Excel, QuattroPro, etc. Win7 and newer have a Contacts listing in C:\Users\user-name that also can be exported.

Berton, Jul 16, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Export Contacts as a *.CSV file from Outlook or Outlook Express, then import that file using the Webmail interface to Mail Accounts such as Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail.

Then set those accounts up with the Windows 10 Mail App/People App and Sync.

The *.CSV file can be viewed in any text viewer, or preferably in a spreadsheet application if required.

Helmut, Jul 16, 2017
  6. LeeB Win User
    Thanks I think I understand what your saying, when time permits I'll see what I can do...

I did save the contacts to a .CSV file and I will try and IMPORT that file to a spread sheet (excel? perhaps) on my new W-10 ..... Using a USB or something similar.....

Thanks again

7. Berton Win User
    A .csv file is ready for opening in a spreadsheet program as-is, just right-click it and choose Open with then a spreadsheet program you have. If you don't have Excel, QuattroPro or similar you can get the free LibreOffice Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People and open in its Calc application. LO can work with nearly all Microsoft Office apps except doesn't have anything comparable to Outlook E-Mail Client.

Berton, Jul 16, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

You don't have to use Excel or anything like that to view the *.CSV file, that is purely optional to check the file contents, educational.

All you need to do is copy that *.CSV file over to the W10 machine by USB key drive or something, as you have mentioned.

Open the Web Interface of one of the Email Accounts suggested, you may have one of those already.

The exact route varies with each one, you have to find the import *.CSV file for Contacts function.

You can just stick with using the Web Interface, if you like, or you can setup W10 Mail/People Apps with that Account and then your contacts will also appear in the People App, it's linked to the Mail App.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I transfer Email Contacts from Outlook 2007 to W-10 Default Email - Similar Threads - transfer Email Contacts

2. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  3. change default email from outlook to gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email from outlook to gmail: I want gmail to be my mailto client. I want to remove outlook as the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-from-outlook-to-gmail/7617cc69-5cd8-43c9-a921-1b44b4e22cc3
  4. TRansfer emails/contacts from Windows 10 to Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    TRansfer emails/contacts from Windows 10 to Office 365: Thinking of purchasing Office 365 personal. Is it easy to transfer emails and contacts from Windows 10 mail? 142242
  5. TRansfer emails/contacts from Windows 10 to Office 365

in Windows 10 Support
    TRansfer emails/contacts from Windows 10 to Office 365: Thinking of purchasing Office 365 personal. Is it easy to transfer emails and contacts from Windows 10 mail? 142242
  6. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  7. Incoming email changes fonts - Outlook 2007 W/Ten

in Browsers and Email
    Incoming email changes fonts - Outlook 2007 W/Ten: My brother is experiencing some "incoming" e-mails that are changing "some" of the fonts inside the message. Font changes to bold and/or ~200 point font size. Only a sentence or paragraph or two. Same e-mail message on the server is fine. Once brought down to his PC it...
  8. transfer emails to mail from outlook.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer emails to mail from outlook.: i have a new pc. i opened the mail app. it asked me to pick an account. i picked my account (same email, name, etc). but it does not have any of my emails. can someone please explain how i get my emails off my old pc and onto the new one. i think the old office i had was...
  9. Outlook 2007 - No images on some emails...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 - No images on some emails...: In Outlook 2007 I do not see any images from some senders. All I see is image placeholders. Most other senders are ok. This is getting annoying. Is there any way to fix this? 63696
  10. Outlook 2007 pics not showing on some emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007 pics not showing on some emails: I am not sure if this is a Windows 10 thing or not, but when I open emails in Outlook 2007, some graphics are not displayed. This happens with emails from certain senders such as amazon, tanga, retailmenot and a few others. I have gone into tools and options and everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move contacts from outlook 2007 to windows 10 mail