Windows 10: Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line?

Discus and support Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am NOT asking about turning on/off UAC, just the beep. This can be manually configured through the UI [img] I'd like to do this via a script... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SOHO1, Jan 15, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line?

I am NOT asking about turning on/off UAC, just the beep. This can be manually configured through the UI

Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line? [​IMG]

I'd like to do this via a script using a command line change.

Seems like this MIGHT involve "control mmsys.cpl sounds" in some way but I have not sorted it out.

:)

SOHO1, Jan 15, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Control Panel and Administrator Controls

Also, are you getting the UAC popup with the OK/Yes button missing?

You can turn off UAC in command promt

Run a Command Prompt as Administrator and run this command:

reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

That will turn off this dialog with the missing button and you should be able to proceed . . .

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2017
  3. UAC not allowing software activation

Once again the so called support engineer did not even read the entire thread before posting yet another solution that did not do any good.

However, I was able to solve my situation without your help after all. My original question was how do I turn off UAC. the method suggested in this thread only turns the notifications for UAC off not the UAC itself. In order to turn off UAC completely,
    I went into the registry and turned it off there. After doing this, everything installed perfectly.

Here is a link to read about turning off UAC:

How to turn off and disable UAC in Windows 10

DISCLAMER: Making edits to the registry is EXTREMELY dangerous and could cause damage to your computer. Consult a trained professional with any questions.

DuckJammerCCC, Jan 15, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try this:

Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line? [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 15, 2017
  5. Pyprohly Win User
    Code: reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\WindowsUAC\.Current" /ve /f[/quote] Note, there is no HKLM equivalent, so this command must be run on a user by user basis to affect all users.

Pyprohly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I turn off the UAC beep from the command line? - Similar Threads - turn off UAC

2. How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?: How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell? The following turns off ALL MONITORS... NOT what I need.powershell.exe -Command "Add-Type '[DllImport\"user32.dll\"]public static extern int SendMessageint hWnd,int hMsg,int wParam,int lParam;' -Name a...
  3. How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell?: How to turn off a SPECIFIC MONITOR from the command line or powershell? The following turns off ALL MONITORS... NOT what I need.powershell.exe -Command "Add-Type '[DllImport\"user32.dll\"]public static extern int SendMessageint hWnd,int hMsg,int wParam,int lParam;' -Name a...
  4. UAC will not turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC will not turn off: I want to use colemak. I try to download AutoHotKey to do so, and UAC stops me. I go to control panel and go to UAC settings, but UAC stops me from editing UAC settings. I need help before I flip my table....
  5. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  6. command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    command to Turn off UAC prompts on specific Apps: I have tested an application called Louts note version 5 on my Win 10 V 1909 and it is working fine except one small annoying issue. There is a file nupdate.exe is pop up from time to time. Is there a CMD or PowerShell command to turn off UAC or to disable this nupdate.exe...
  7. Turning off UAC for good

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off UAC for good: Long story short. I am a fire alarm tech. I use different softwares but one cannot open if UAC is on amy setting but Never Notify Me when: and IT is no help as HQ wants it but HQ don't understand it hinders our productivity. Is there a way to keep it at NEVER whenever I use...
  8. How to turn on battery saver from command line?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn on battery saver from command line?: Hi All anybody has a clue how to turn on battery saver in Windows 10 via command line? Thanks. 155088
  9. Can I Run Explorer.exe from Command line as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Run Explorer.exe from Command line as Administrator?: Hello All.. I wanted to delete certain unused files regarding a program from Windows explorer. I decided to run explorer from command line as an Administrator. So what I intend doing is searching for Cmd from Windows 10 taskbar right click, running it as an administrator...
  10. Turning off UAC causes Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turning off UAC causes Error: Hello. I always used to have my UAC turned off, and was very happy being able to quickly open up different programs with administrator privileges using the WinKey+R. However, ever since upgrading to windows 10, turning UAC triggers the "This app Can't Open" error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off uac command line