Windows 10: Can I undo deletion of 'Switch Between Windows' taskbar button?

Discus and support Can I undo deletion of 'Switch Between Windows' taskbar button? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have never used, and can't see me ever using, the 'Switch Between Windows' and 'Show Desktop' buttons on the taskbar. I also don't see a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Nov 1, 2017.

1. cbiweb Win User

Can I undo deletion of 'Switch Between Windows' taskbar button?

I have never used, and can't see me ever using, the 'Switch Between Windows' and 'Show Desktop' buttons on the taskbar. I also don't see a way to disable/remove them. So, if I simply delete them, can they be restored if I someday slip into an alternate reality where I would use them?

:)

cbiweb, Nov 1, 2017

2. Can I undo a sync between Activesync/Blackjack II/Outlook 2003?

Unfortunately, you are out of luck.

Two things I would have recommended to avoid this situation:

• Backup a file called Pim. This file contains your Calendar, contacts, tasks data. Copying it to the SD card helps recover from data loss. Of course, you could use a backup software like Sprite backup.

• Always delete any previous partnership before connecting to a new PC. Okay, this is the same PC but with a new OS and a new install of Activesync. Meaning, the previous partnership was deleted when you reformatted.

Linley Meslier, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Can I undo a sync between Activesync/Blackjack II/Outlook 2003?

I recently reformatted my hard drive. I thought I had backed up my MS Outlook contacts before I got started, but I must have missed a step. Anyway, I wasn't worried since everything was already on my Blackjack II....

I knew I wanted the device to overwrite the computer but Activesync would not allow me to set that option before the device connected. Well, Activesync began to sync on the initial connection and now I've lost all my contacts and calendar entries!!

Any hope to restore these items on my device now or am I just out of luck (and some time)?

arctictenor, Nov 1, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 1, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Even when hidden, you can still get the "Task View" with WinKey+Tab and show the Desktop with WinKey+D, should you ever wish to visit your 'alternate reality where I would use them'.

Bree, Nov 1, 2017
  6. cbiweb Win User
    Yes, I turned off the Task View button and Peek function long ago. I'm wanting to get rid of the 'Show Desktop' button (not the menu, the button) and 'Switch Between Windows' button. I'll try the Tweaker and see how it goes.

Which is exactly why I don't need the buttons on the taskbar. *Wink

cbiweb, Nov 1, 2017
  7. cbiweb Win User
    Problem solved.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Move the shortcuts for the two items to another location (for storage in case of future need).

ta-da! *Smile

cbiweb, Nov 1, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

That would only remove them from "Quick Launch" though, and not the taskbar. *Confused

Brink, Nov 1, 2017
  9. cbiweb Win User
    True 'nuff, and good point. I have Quick Launch enabled, and removing the shortcuts like that does stop them from being displayed. Less visual clutter, a little more real estate on the taskbar for things I do use.

cbiweb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I undo deletion of 'Switch Between Windows' taskbar button? - Similar Threads - undo deletion 'Switch

2. Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?: When switching between virtual desktops, the order of taskbar buttons revert to some previous state. This is a user experience failure and a bug.Steps to reproduce:1 Press winkey+tab and create a second desktop2 Open three different applications outlook, calc, browser3...
  3. Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?: When switching between virtual desktops, the order of taskbar buttons revert to some previous state. This is a user experience failure and a bug.Steps to reproduce:1 Press winkey+tab and create a second desktop2 Open three different applications outlook, calc, browser3...
  4. Why do taskbar buttons change order when switching between desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can' t switch between apps: For example i was playing a game and when I alt tabbed to go on google to do a research it wasn't loading up the page so i went back to the game and the game and i got kicked out for connection lost and after like 3seconds it went back to normal so i tried to not use alt tab...
  6. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can' t switch between apps: For example i was playing a game and when I alt tabbed to go on google to do a research it wasn't loading up the page so i went back to the game and the game and i got kicked out for connection lost and after like 3seconds it went back to normal so i tried to not use alt tab...
  7. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cant switch between applications using taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant switch between applications using taskbar: Hi All, I've been facing a issue with taskbar applications. whenever i have more than one instance of the same same application like two workbooks of excel or two windows of chrome i cant switch to different application using the thumbnail that comes on application icon in...
  9. Can I change the spacing between the start button and shortcut icons on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change the spacing between the start button and shortcut icons on my taskbar?: I have a very specific use case: I have a small tablet which sits under my monitor (shows some stats I need to be able to see at all times). It very slightly obscures the area where my shortcuts sit so I can't see the blue highlight when one is open. What I'd ideally like to...
  10. Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot switch between Programs on Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] We all run multiple programs and apps, and it’s important that we be able to switch between them either by clicking on their Taskbar icons or using the usual shortcut Alt+Tab. However, at times, you find that neither of these methods [...] This post Cannot switch...