Windows 10: Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...

Discus and support Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since the latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JasonS.1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JasonS.1 Win User

Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...

Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since the latest update

:)

JasonS.1, Sep 4, 2018
  2. JasonS.1 Win User

Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since the latest update

JasonS.1, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn,

(1) If one uninstalls apps using this tutorial, can they be restored/re-installed at a later date if the user wishes it? Is this the correct tutorial to use? {How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10}

(2) Secondly, it is correct to assume if an App in the list under apps and features shows up with the options for move and uninstall are greyed out, that these apps will not be removed using the procedure in OPTION TWO of this tutorial?

(3) If one uninstalls xbox, then all xbox related apps such as the solitaire collection stop working?
    best

Geoff

Geoff Daniell, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...

Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since...

1. Can I uninstall and then reinstall the Xbox App on Windows 10, it's stopped working since... - Similar Threads - uninstall reinstall Xbox

2. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  3. yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yesterday my xbox app on pc wasn't working so i tried to uninstall it and reinstall it, but...: everything is stuck on pending https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-my-xbox-app-on-pc-wasnt-working-so-i/4fa790cc-3195-44eb-9536-9f31bddc21ac
  4. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  5. MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store -Reinstall- uninstalled cos Apps stopped working: removed MS Store as Apps stopped working and state *error* on reinstall. Cannot reinstall Store now. tried all fixes available on internet like WS-reset -i or powershell remove gives error and reinstall gives error . package. Windows PowerShell Copyright C Microsoft...
  6. can an uninstalled app or program be reinstalled later

can an uninstalled app or program be reinstalled later: how do I uninstall an app or program so that it can be reinstalled later? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-an-uninstalled-app-or-program-be-reinstalled/d4bfa33f-86ae-44b9-8eb8-453bd8cc4238
  7. Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Apps Suddenly Stopped Working And Now I Can't Uninstall or Reinstall: It seems most if not all windows apps, like the calendar, calculator, camera etc. are blacked out and when I click to open them it says error cannot open. Why did this happen all the sudden? I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10. Version 10.0.18363 Build...
  8. Can not reinstall Xbox beta App on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not reinstall Xbox beta App on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have had many issues trying to launch games through the Xbox App. In efforts to get the games to work, I tried uninstalling the Xbox App. However, I was prompted with an error that said the app was not able to be completely removed. I have then tried to...
  9. Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10

Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10: How do I delete Xbox app from Windows 10? ***Original title: How do I delete Xbox?*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-xbox-app-on-windows-10/d201c0fb-d9c3-403d-8bbe-008d5cdf42f3
  10. Can I uninstall and reinstall my windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I uninstall and reinstall my windows 10?: I upgraded my pc at the time when Microsoft was providing the free copy, I was running the 8.1 at that time. since then I am using Windows 10. From past few months, I have been into some issues coz of which I want to uninstall 10, but I am quite skeptical about uninstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall and re-install xbox app

2. uninstall and reinstall xbox app windows 10

3. uninstall and reinstall xbox app

4. how to uninstall and reinstall the xbox app ?,
  5. i uninstalled xbox game companion and cant reinstall,
  6. how do i reinstall xbox live on pc,
  7. reinstall xbox live windows 10,
  8. uninstalled xbox companion app with powershell and cant reinstall,
  9. how to remove and reinstall xbox windows 10,
  10. how to reinstall xbox with powershell,
  11. xbox app start then vanishes,