Windows 10: Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by mickh101, May 25, 2016.

1. mickh101 Win User

Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections for Languages in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, SwiftKey intelligence is now available.

SwiftKey gives you more accurate autocorrections and predictions by learning your writing style including the words, phrases and emoji that matter to you. Its available for touch keyboard to write in English (United States), English (United Kingdom), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), or Russian.

Starting with languages.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18860, Microsoft is expanding support to these 39 languages:
    Afrikaans (South Africa), Albanian (Albania), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Armenian (Armenia), Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan), Basque (Spain), Bulgarian (Bulgaria), Catalan (Spain), Croatian (Croatia), Czech (Czech Republic), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), Estonian (Estonia), Finnish (Finland), Galician (Spain), Georgian (Georgia), Greek (Greece), Hausa (Nigeria), Hebrew (Israel), Hindi (India), Hungarian (Hungary), Indonesian (Indonesia), Kazakh (Kazakhstan), Latvian (Latvia), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Macedonian (Macedonia), Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmal, Norway), Persian (Iran), Polish (Poland), Romanian (Romania), Serbian (Serbia), Serbian (Serbia), Slovak (Slovakia), Slovenian (Slovenia), Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Uzbek (Uzbek)

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off SwiftKey suggestions and autocorrections for languages for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: SwiftKey in Windows 10

Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and click/tap on the Suggestions and autocorrections link under the More keyboard settings section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on (default) or off SwiftKey suggestions and autocorrections for each added language you want. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

mickh101, May 25, 2016
  2. Mala_S Win User

Swiftkey keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

SwiftKey powers the typing experience on Windows when using the touch keyboard to write in English (United States), English (United Kingdom), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), or Russian. This
    is an existing feature that we've improved for Windows 10, version 1809.

• Does SwiftKey work in Windows 10, yes or no? Yes, it is available.

• If yes, how do I activate it? Follow the below suggestion-

If you're a touch keyboard user that writes in any of these languages, please try out the text predictions and shapewriting in this build and
    let us knowhow it feels for you. If you'd like to compare how the keyboard feels with
    and without this change, check the options for supported languages under
    Settings > Devices > Typing > Suggestions and Autocorrections.

To know what’s new in in the Windows 10 Insider preview builds (RS5), refer

Also, for the touchpad not responding issue, you may go through the suggestion under the topic
    The touchpad doesn't respond right away after I've been typing from the

article

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Naveen_M Win User

SwiftKey not working on full keyboard

Hi Leonette,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

SwiftKey enhances the typing experience on Windows when using the touch keyboard, making it faster to write in English (United States and United Kingdom), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil) or Russian.
    You need to choose which languages use SwiftKey suggestions and autocorrections through
    Settings > Devices > Typing >
    Suggestions and autocorrections

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. What is the make and the model number of the computer?

2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

3. What do you mean when you say SwiftKey works with some of the others?

4. Is this issue input language specific?

5. Is this issue keyboard layout specific?

Looking forward to your response so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

Thanks a lot,

First, once I had opened the settings, I found, under the Typing section that "Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard"
    is already turned on.

Second, under Hardware keyboard, when switching to
    on for Show text suggestions as I type and Suggestions and autocorrections, I found only text suggestion got shown. However, I don't see any autocorrection functioning,

Third, I didn't find such "Choose which languages use SwiftKey suggestions and autocorrections."
    under which I can toggle the switch to on for the language that I are using.

Instead, I only found

Multilingual text suggestions:

Show text suggestion based on the recognised languages you're typing in.

I am having the language display of Windows 10 set to English.

So, even when I toggled the switch to 'on' under "Show text suggestion based on the recognised languages you're typing in.", I am not seeing any text suggestion while typing in my Arabic language.

Final, do you think these settings will only be applied while typing in any MS Windows 10 apps, such as Notepad, Wordpad, etc. However, while typing in "Windows
    search bar," "MS Edge Explorer", "MS Word Office", etc, then I'll not see any test suggestion showing to me?

a cooperator, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Nikhar_K Win User
    Text suggestions doesn’t display in Notepad after updating to Windows 10 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that while typing in Notepad, you are unable to see text suggestions. I would suggest you check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, toggle the switch to on for Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.
    5. Scroll down and click on Suggestions and autocorrections.
    6. Toggle the switch to on for the language that you are using under
      Choose which languages use SwiftKey suggestions and autocorrections.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off SwiftKey Suggestions and Autocorrections in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off SwiftKey

2. Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autocorrect misspelled words not working / can I use SwiftKey?: I would like to have misspelled words in Dutch autocorrected while typing in the webbrowser chrome on windows. On my android phone, my keyboard (GBoard) does this fantastically. SwiftKey by Microsoft seems to do the same on android. In windows 10 PC Settings - Devices -...
  3. Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect won't turn off on Windows 10 tablet.: Using a Fusion 5 tablet, installed with Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.706, running Office 365 16.0.11425.20228. Want to disable autocorrect. Turned off via Windows settings, but it's still operating. How can I stop it? Just to be clear: I am using the onscreen...
  4. Turning off autocorrect in Windows 10 does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off autocorrect in Windows 10 does not work anymore: On my Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10, AND on my laptop with Windows 10, I have autocorrect turned off via the 'typing' settings.. But this doesn't seem to be working anymore. Microsoft Edge keeps autocorrecting, I've tried everything.. yes also restarting etc (i'm an...
  5. How to enable or disable SwiftKey suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable SwiftKey suggestions in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft acquired SwiftKey a few years back. This was then rolled out for iOS and Android versions earlier this year. The good news is that it has now been seamlessly integrated with Windows. Starting with Windows 10 1809, you can [...] This post How to enable or...
  6. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  7. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...
  8. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10 Starting with text suggestions while typing on a hardware keyboard. Text suggestions for hardware keyboard...
  9. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...