Windows 10: Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?

Discus and support Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/we...s/9n5tdp8vcmhs Can someone please provide an example of an open source formats commonly encountered on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by camelia, Jun 22, 2018.

1. camelia Win User

Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?

Hello,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/we...s/9n5tdp8vcmhs

Can someone please provide an example of an open source formats commonly encountered on the web?

If I don't use Microsoft Edge, Can I uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?

Thanks
    Came

Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely? [​IMG]

:)

camelia, Jun 22, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing the Web Media Extension Package with OGG Vorbis and Theora support for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely?

1. Can i uninstall Web Media Extensions safely? - Similar Threads - uninstall Web Media

2. How can I uninstall the AV1 and VP9 video extensions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I uninstall the AV1 and VP9 video extensions?: Lately I've been having problems with watching content on Microsoft Edge Mainly HBO Max and Shudder, and I was looking to uninstall the AV1 and VP9 video extensions I had installed previously, to see whether or not they are the cause or possibly the HEVC extension. I can't...
  3. How can I uninstall the AV1 and VP9 video extensions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I uninstall the AV1 and VP9 video extensions?: Lately I've been having problems with watching content on Microsoft Edge Mainly HBO Max and Shudder, and I was looking to uninstall the AV1 and VP9 video extensions I had installed previously, to see whether or not they are the cause or possibly the HEVC extension. I can't...
  4. Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb: Several days ago I receive update notification on Microsoft Store for Web Media Extension. I try to install it and get Error 0x80073cfb.My question is did windows 11 need Web Media Extension? If windows 11 need it can anyone help me how to fix the error?Thank you.Best...
  5. Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb: Several days ago I receive update notification on Microsoft Store for Web Media Extension. I try to install it and get Error 0x80073cfb.My question is did windows 11 need Web Media Extension? If windows 11 need it can anyone help me how to fix the error?Thank you.Best...
  6. Can I uninstall Realtek Audio Console safely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I uninstall Realtek Audio Console safely?: It was already installed when I finished installing Windows 10 and from the looks of it I won't ever touch it but do I need it for something important or can I uninstall it safely without it removing my audio drivers or something? submitted by /u/sanijaro [link]...
  7. Can I safely uninstall XSplit Gamecaster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I safely uninstall XSplit Gamecaster?: I recently purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 and I've been spending some quality time with it, gently removing the toxic garbage that it was born with. I came across the app called XSplit Gamecaster and a quick google search mentioned that it cannot be safely uninstalled....
  8. Can I safely uninstall MicrosoftOfficeHub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I safely uninstall MicrosoftOfficeHub: I have Office 365 installed on same computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-uninstall-microsoftofficehub/248e0cea-40b0-4941-b811-31ace4eb034e
  9. Which can i safely uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which can i safely uninstall: I'm trying to free up space, besides system files there is apps and games though I deleted everything I downloaded from my C drive to save space. I have 3.25 gb worth of apps and games, all pre-installed. Is there any I can delete that wont effect my computer. If needed I...
  10. Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge: We’ve heard requests from many of our customers to support additional open-source formats in order to access a broader set of content on the web. To address this, ,we recently added support for the WebM container format and the VP9 and Opus codecs on supported hardware....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web media extensions

2. web media extension

3. what is web media extensions

4. web media extensions app windows 10,
  5. can i uninstall web media extensions,
  6. web media extensions windows 10,
  7. web media extensions uninstall,
  8. microsoft web media extensions,
  9. can i uninstall vp9 video extensions,
  10. how to remove webp image extensions,
  11. webp image extensions uninstall,