Windows 10: Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the following home built desktop PC currently running Windows 8.1 Pro x64: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev 1.0) motherboard & F15Q BIOS & 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve C, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10?

I have the following home built desktop PC currently running Windows 8.1 Pro x64:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev 1.0) motherboard & F15Q BIOS & 16GB RAM, using UEFI and secure boot
    Intel 180GB SSD system disk
    WD 2TB disk for user files
    WD 500GB disk for backups
    Sapphire Toxic R9 280X GPU (using the UEFI boot BIOS) - I don't know if this will work in Windows 10?
    Microsoft mouse & keyboard

I've tested all the software I need to use on my Windows 10 laptop with no issues. The current installation has been running fine since 2012 - I've never had to repair or reinstall Windows 8.1.There are Windows 10 motherboard drivers dated July 2015 on Gigabyte's web site. I'll have a full Macrium Reflect backup anyway.

I want to upgrade to Windows 10 before the current offer expires. Has anyone had any problems upgrading a similar system or can advise whether I can expect any upgrade issues with the above PC?

:)

Steve C, Jun 5, 2016
  2. BenekSz Win User

HDD problem on Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Hello,

My computer: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770K, 16gb ram, radeon 7970ghz edition and 1terabyte HDD. I have 2 problems with my HDD on windows 10. After update to windows 10 The Disk usage went to 100% and stayed that way I disabled all
    the recommended services and that solved the problem but stays second problem, when I copy file on windows 7 the speed was 30-50mb now it's 200kb to 1,5mb, if I installing something on HDD cant open even my computer and all is slowing down. I've try to connect
    to other port don't help. Please give me some advice.

Thanks,

Ben

BenekSz, Jun 5, 2016
  3. BenekSz Win User
    HDD problem on Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Hello
    Kalpana,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try your suggestions hope it will help.

I bought SSD and reinstall windows 10, the second disk is my old HDD + Kalpana suggestions and now works ok.

Best Regards,

Benek

BenekSz, Jun 5, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

I know of many much older systems with W10, shouldn't be problem with yours. Your GPU is also very well supported with newest drivers from AMD.

CountMike, Jun 5, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    I used to have that motherboard. Should not be an issue upgrading.

fireberd, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    My system updated fine in 30 mins with no issues. The following drivers were installed for which I've found newer versions:

Intel Management Engine Interface
    W10 installed v9.5.15.1730 and doesn't find newer versions, Gigabyte web site has v11.0.0.1158

Intel LAN Driver
    W10 installed v12.12.50.6 and doesn't find newer versions, Gigabyte web site has v20.2

AMD R9 280X Driver
    W10 installed Crimson v15.11 and doesn't find a newer version, the AMD Updater finds WHQL v16.3.2

Realtek Audio Driver
    W10 installed v10.0.10586.0, Gigabyte web site has a newer version

Please advise whether it's best to stick with the versions installed by Windows 10 or it's 'safe' to upgrade to the later versions I found.

Steve C, Jun 9, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    I would test first with drivers as they are. Newest Crimson drivers should be just fine. Change Realtek drivers only if you have problems.

CountMike, Jun 9, 2016
  8. Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10?

Steve, during the upgrade, MS chose the "best" drivers (according to them). I would follow Mike's advice and leave them alone, at least until you see how everything is running.

Vince Massi, Jun 9, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    Understood - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I took a Macrium Reflect image as soon as the W10 update completed and again after my initial configuration so I'm well protected.

Steve C, Jun 9, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    I had a similar board that I ran Windows 10 on. I prefer gigabyte boards in general, and I had a number of Z77X boards.

In general, I stick with the Microsoft drivers with a few exceptions.

1) I typically upgrade the video drivers to the latest (I prefer NVidia chipsets).
    2) I typically install drivers that have enhanced features from the basic ones. It often depends on the device. An example might be the TrackPoint driver or keyboard/mouse drivers.
    3) Of course any device that doesn't have a Windows Update supplied driver.

Otherwise, I leave everything the same..

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I Update my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H System to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Update Gigabyte Z77X

2. Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 questions on EFI and GPT: I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on a 2TB HDD (MBR) in a PC with a GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Motherboard. Works fine until I add a GPT HDD then the system will not boot. If I add GPT HDDs once Windows is running there is no problem. However that is hardly ideal. Is there any way round this...
  3. can install windows 10 64bit on gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can install windows 10 64bit on gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+ this motherboard doesn't have drivers for windows 10 64bit...Its limited to windows 7 64bit only...So can install windows on this motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 AM3+?...
  4. Windows 10 x64 drivers for Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Mobo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 x64 drivers for Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Mobo: I'm trying to ensure i have the latest drivers for: -Intel INF installation (chipset) -Intel Management Engine Interface -BT Driver -WLAN Driver -BIOS. mobo has Z77 chipset. The manufacturer's website has some downloads but i think there are newer versions on the Intel...
  5. GIGABYTE GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 RESTART ON WINDOWS 10 WELCOME LOGO

GIGABYTE GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 RESTART ON WINDOWS 10 WELCOME LOGO: Hi Microsoft and Indipendent MS advisors I have PC as below configuration: =×=×=×=×= GA 78LMT S2 V1.2 Motherboard FX6300 Proccesor 6cores/ 6threads 8GB corsair ram 450w Genuine PSU 160GB crucial SSD for OS only 500GB Samsung HDD for Data only MY PROBLEM/ ISSUE IS:...
  6. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  7. Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+

in Windows 10 Support
    Motherboard issue. Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H fm2+: Hi hoped there would be a more dedicated forum than ‘General’ but couldn’t see anything appropriate to hardware faults.. My PC refused to boot up, I assumed the PSU had failed, got a replacement. Then found I could test the PSU with a jumper on the motherboard connector,...
  8. Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Windows 10 keeps freezing (crashing): Hi Lads Since Windows 10 was relased it was freezing on my PC. It was working absolutly fine on Windows 7. I see that lot of you had the same problem and nobody know why thats happen and what is a solution. I was tryaing a different drivers, reinstal windows but problem...
  9. Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?: My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (BIOS F16G) motherboard works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode. Does this motherboard work in Windows 10 in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode? It's not on Gigabyte's compatibility list at...
  10. installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3

in Windows 10 Support
    installing on Gigabyte ga 990fx ud3: Has anyone had any luck with 10 using this motherboard??? It installed ok but I have no audio no network and it won't recognise my graphics card.... which is a right pain as this is on my games machine... I've been to the gigabyte website and downloaded the drivers but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ga-z77x-ud5h windows 10

2. gigabyte z77 motherboard not windows 10 compatible

3. GA-Z77X-UD5H bios windows 10

4. update GA-Z77X-UD5H to windows 10,
  5. gigabyte @bios windows 10 z77x,
  6. how to get the legacy drivers working on gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h,
  7. is gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h windows 10 compatible,
  8. windows 10 boot issues during upgrade from windows 7 on gigabyte motherboard,
  9. gigabyte ultra durable z77x-ud5h usb driver update,
  10. windows 10 build 1903 generic uefi for older z77 motherboard,
  11. z77x-ud5h slow windows 10,
  12. gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h win 10,
  13. ga-z77x-ud5h F15q