Windows 10: Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase

Discus and support Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased a used laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise 32bit installed (activated) and would like to upgrade to 64bit in able to allow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cooper barrett, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase

I recently purchased a used laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise 32bit installed (activated) and would like to upgrade to 64bit in able to allow the system to see 8GB of RAM. 32bit can only see 4GB but 64bit will allow for an upgrade to 8GB.

I would like to do this upgrade but since I purchased the system with Ent32 installed and activated I would like to make sure I do not have to purchase a new key when doing the upgrade. to Ent64. I have no reason to think there is anything out of order with my current key but since I didn't install it....

Can anyone tell me how to do this without any grief? There have been no hardware upgrades and when 64 is installed the RAM will of course be increased to 8 by replacing both modules.

I am hoping it is a simple reinstall from ISO and their system will validate it not caring that it is now 64 bit but would like to have some input to save me hassles.

Thanks for your assistance, in advance!
    Coop

Constantly upgrading Dell D630's and D830's
    currently

2007 Dell D830,
    PM965
    T9300, 2.5GHz Core2duo
    4GB DDR2 6700
    Windows10 Enterprise 32bit

:)

cooper barrett, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

upgrade from 32 bit windows 10 pro to 64 bit

The first item to check is to ensure your PC has 64 bit processor, if yes, to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit requires a 'clean install', you will need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro installation device (DVD).

The current upgrade system will only install the bit version of W10 that is currently installed.

Upgrading from 32 to 64 bit system can not be carried out by utilising the current free upgrade system, also upgrading from 32 to 64 bit system has always required purchasing a 64 bit installation device.

Shilohbob, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise architecture upgrade

Hello,

I am currently operating a 32 bit version of Windows 10 Enterprise on a 64 bit processor. Because of this my system can only make use of 2.7 GB of the total 6GB of installed RAM which as you can imagine, greatly reduces the productivity of my PC.

I understand that with Windows 10, users can upgrade from a 32 bit version of the OS to a 64 bit version for free. However, I cannot seem to find a way to do so with Windows 10 Enterprise. The Media Creation tool only includes and accounts for Windows 10
    Home and Pro.

I would greatly appreciate it someone could please explain how to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise from a 32 bit to a 64 bit version.

Thank you in advance,

Rehan

Rehan Hafeez, Nov 7, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase

Wullail, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Porthos Win User
    Sorry to hear that. That is a counterfeit installation of Windows

Porthos, Nov 7, 2016
  6. Very helpful... Thanks for the prompt and very helpful response. Along with the instructions I found inside that link (How to make sure your free copy of Windows 10 is activated) tit was pointed out that once windows 10 is installed on the machine it has a digital footprint so just "SKIP"and requests for activation key. Looks straight forward enough and I will install new SSD, boot from CD iso and preform a new clean install and then preform upgrades and build the software package again. When I did this early on in 10's development I hit snags and hopefully they are all worked out now.

It looks straight forward and if for some reason that the seller of the laptop did install a bootlegged copy of windows 10 Enterprise I will pass along his contact info to MS. I seriously doubt someone would sell me a puter with stolen OS and give me his home address, phone, and company email address.... I guess there are some stupid people out there but then there appears to be stupid people everywhere you look...IJS..I hope Porthos didn't waste his vote for POTUS on Gary Johnson....

cooper barrett, Nov 7, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    The advice you got and quoted, the information given on that website does not apply to Windows 10 Enterprise edition. It, digital license or digital entitlement only applies to Home, Pro and Education editions.

Windows 10 Enterprise is only sold through volume licensing (read more).

You might be able to use the current 32 bit Enterprise edition for some time before its activation will be blocked by Microsoft and you get the counterfeit watermark. All Enterprise licenses as well as computers sold with Enterprise edition to private users are invalid, for instance some not too honest users who subscribe to various MSDN plans getting a few extra multiple activation keys are selling these through various channels. They all have one thing common: they are counterfeit licenses, either keys not for resale or different activation hacks that bypass volume license key servers.

That happens more often than you could guess. Some sellers really are so stupid they do not understand they are selling something they have no right to sell which then stops working at some point when new "owner" has already paid for it, other sellers know very well what they are doing but do not care.

Fellow geek Porthos was right:

Kari, Nov 7, 2016
  8. Porthos Win User

Now what COA sticker is on this computer?? There might be a FREE LEGAL way to get out of the mess.

Porthos, Nov 8, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I will agree with eveyone that posted that the current version of Enterprise you have installed is not legitimate.

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2016
  10. Could someone show me where it states that if a company sells a computer or gives it to an employee that has Enterprise OS installed on it that the license becomes invalid? I would think it would be valid on that machine only until it has to be renewed.

Once again, I was not asking about it being legitimate, as I believe it is until exp. date occurs, but rather about changing from a 32 bit to a 64 bit version.

cooper barrett, Nov 8, 2016
  11. Kari Win User
    There are three different ways the laptop you bought can have been activated. Let's forget the one that's clearly illegal (activation hacks), and talk about legal volume licensing options.

Volume Activation uses KMS (Key Management Service) or MAK (Multiple Activation Key). A KMS key means that the organisation that owns the license has their own key management server, and all computers contact this server on regular basis to check the activation validity. MAK is a single 25 character product key that the organisation is allowed to activate a certain number of computers.

License agreements clearly forbid organisations to resell these licenses. Only way to purchase them is through an authorized Microsoft Volume Licensing Partner (Welcome to Microsoft Next Generation Volume Licensing), Enterprise licenses are not sold in retail outlets or eBay (those that are sold on eBay or other online stores are without an exception counterfeit).

Read more: Difference Between KMS and MAK | Difference Between

Only way to go from 32 bit to 64 bit is a clean install which would automatically null and void any possible activation your 32 bit Windows 10 Enterprise laptop has. A freshly installed 64 bit Enterprise would need either contact the organisations key management server, or you would need to manually enter the MAK key which would be away from the license quota of the organisation owning that license.

The Enterprise edition of Windows 10 on laptop you bought is not legit. This fact does not change, regardless of how many times or in how many different ways you ask it.

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    And, where would you download the 64 bit Enterprise Windows 10 from anyway that is not a trial version?

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2016
  13. Kari Win User

A good question.

14. EdTittel Win User
    Unless you have an MSDN subscription, I'm not aware of any legal ways to obtain Windows 10 Enterprise except through some kind of organizational licensing arrangement, as others have stated.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 8, 2016
  15. I have contacted the seller and his comment is that I was sold a legitimate OS but it cannot be upgraded because it is no longer owned by an employee of the "university". He states that he feels secure in saying it was OK to sell me the laptop with it installed without notifying me that it was not his OS to sell.

I recently cloned the hard drive and when installing the new drive it showed unactivated... So I am trying to see if this is pirating or just stupidity for buying a laptop with the operating system installed?

Is it my understanding that in able to install Windows 10 Enterprise that Windows 10 Pro ( or other OS) should be installed . Should the seller furnish me with that COA?

Thx,

Man without an OS

cooper barrett, Nov 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I Upgrade from Enterprise 32 bit to 64 bit on recent purchase - Similar Threads - Upgrade Enterprise bit

2. 32 bit 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32 bit 64 upgrade: I have win 10 32 bit and with digital key.if I want to upgrade 62 bit can i use same key kindly update me and win 10 os iso image can intall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-64-upgrade/2fe54bae-7ce1-493e-bedd-ec2da8b3dd48
  3. 32 bit 64 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32 bit 64 upgrade: I have win 10 32 bit and with digital key.if I want to upgrade 62 bit can i use same key kindly update me and win 10 os iso image can intall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-64-upgrade/2fe54bae-7ce1-493e-bedd-ec2da8b3dd48
  4. 32 bit 64 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Upgrading 32 bit to 64 bit on HP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading 32 bit to 64 bit on HP: I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Pro 32 bit to Windows 10 Home 64 bit Clean Install. I have 2 GB Ram in a s3301F Slimline HP Desktop. I know it says it in the specs but I'm just confriming. I had to upgrade My Studio PC to 64 bit, my Laptop to Windows 10 64 bit from...
  6. Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work

Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work: I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bit in my PC right now. I have the needed specifications needed to upgrade to 64 bit. Can I upgrade to 64 bit and can I still use my old programs like Photoshop and Illustrator? I'm an Inker for comics and trying to upgrade my studio....
  7. Upgrading From 32-bit to 64-bit windows

Upgrading From 32-bit to 64-bit windows: Is it a must to enter the product key when upgrading to 64-bit version of Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-32-bit-to-64-bit-windows/3aef6608-b5e1-4869-97fa-c47b2ac6f557
  8. upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit

upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit: First of I want to say, my pc is compatible; g3220 32bit on x64 based processor 4gb ram intel hd graphics 500gb HDD I want to upgrade for the reason of app compatibility, and I had 32-bit because I had 2gb ram. Right now I have Windows 10 32-bit. The problem is I...
  9. 32 to 64 bit upgrade

32 to 64 bit upgrade: A game that I use often has advised me that it no longer supports a 32 bit operating system and I should convert to 64 bit. My PC will support a 64 bit OS so I decided to upgrade. I used the Microsoft tool to produce a Windows 10 64 bit ISO flash drive and booted from that...
  10. upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit: So I wasn't paying attention to much about my computers processor, I assumed it was old and could only run 32 bit programs and os. I was wrong its it suppose to be running 64 bit. My question is that I already installed 32 bit windows 10 and I want to find the easiest way and...