Windows 10: Can I upgrade from v1703 directly to the next new version?

Discus and support Can I upgrade from v1703 directly to the next new version? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Skipping Windows upgrade versions or builds has worked like a typical upgrade. Unless there is something unique to Windows 10 1803 it should work as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zbook, Apr 4, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Can I upgrade from v1703 directly to the next new version?

Skipping Windows upgrade versions or builds has worked like a typical upgrade. Unless there is something unique to Windows 10 1803 it should work as it has in the past allowing the skipping of Windows versions or builds.
    So you could upgrade from 7 > 10; 8 > 10; 1511 > 1803; 1607 > 1803; and 1703 > 1803.
    If there are problems with the upgrade it is likely that there would have been problems with any upgrade and that can be troubleshooted.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018

2. I never installed v1709 but can I go through Windows Update regular procedures to upgrade to the next new version of Windows 10?

:)

DawsonvilleBill, Apr 13, 2018
  3. Can I upgrade directly from version 1607 to the Fall Creators Update?

Have you tried method 2 in Upgrade to Windows 10 Fall Creators update using these options - Your Windows Guide

If that doesn't work, I suggest that you start your own question as you're unlikely to get a response here.

ataraxy2000, Apr 13, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Can I upgrade directly from version 1607 to the Fall Creators Update?

Updates are cumulative, so they include every previous update that your computer needs and lacks. There are some individual updates that your computer may not receive if the telemetry from your computer indicates that certain hardware is not compatible.

BulldogXX, Apr 13, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    Should be able to, I've done a few Upgrades from Version 1607 directly to Version 1709 using both the offer from the built-in Windows Update and the MCT/Media Creation Tool process. Both types did not need Version 1703 installed first.

Berton, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I upgrade from v1703 directly to the next new version? - Similar Threads - upgrade v1703 directly

2. If I purchase a new version of windows will I be able to transfer to my next new computer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I purchase a new version of windows will I be able to transfer to my next new computer ?: If I purchase a new version of windows will I be able to transfer to my next new computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-purchase-a-new-version-of-windows-will-i-be/b89a759c-8385-4803-b0ec-92c2584399b9
  3. If I purchase a new version of windows will I be able to transfer to my next new computer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I purchase a new version of windows will I be able to transfer to my next new computer ?: If I purchase a new version of windows will I be able to transfer to my next new computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-purchase-a-new-version-of-windows-will-i-be/b89a759c-8385-4803-b0ec-92c2584399b9
  4. Can I Upgrade an MS Store app to new version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Upgrade an MS Store app to new version: I created a game UWP which is approved for publishing Free version to the MS Store. There are 3 more not Free versions soon to follow. These are designed to allow getting Free, then move to Lite, to a full game, and then to two more with a larger screen size. It's not just a...
  5. Can I Upgrade an MS Store app to new version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Upgrade an MS Store app to new version: I created a game UWP which is approved for publishing Free version to the MS Store. There are 3 more not Free versions soon to follow. These are designed to allow getting Free, then move to Lite, to a full game, and then to two more with a larger screen size. It's not just a...
  6. Can I Upgrade an MS Store app to new version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I upgrade from Direct X 10 to DirectX 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade from Direct X 10 to DirectX 11?: My windows 10 is up to date but whenever I download an app it requests that I get Direct X 11 otherwise the app won't work. Please help me figure this out....
  8. Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version

in Windows 10 News
    Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version: [ATTACH]You can Enable the Select the target Feature Update version Group Policy setting or use the TargetReleaseVersionInfo Registry key to stop Windows 10 from installing […] This article Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update...
  9. What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade: Microsoft has remained tight-lipped about Windows 10 19H2’s current development status, but according to Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10’s last feature update of 2019 will be finalized in a few days. Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) rollout should start next...
  10. Can I directly Upgrade from Windows 10 1709 to 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I directly Upgrade from Windows 10 1709 to 1809 ?: Hello Sir, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 laptop.It came with preinstalled Windows 10 Version 1709.I also got Office 2016 preinstalled with this laptop.Now, There are many Updates like, Feature Update to Windows 1803,2019-02 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 etc. are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i update to 1903 from 1703

2. can you upgrade from 1703 to 1903 directly