Windows 10: Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64?

Discus and support Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm interested about the Windows 10 Home/Pro x64. I got this laptop with installed Windows 10 Home x86. I looked around do my CPU or just my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hungaryball, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64?

Hello, I'm interested about the Windows 10 Home/Pro x64.

I got this laptop with installed Windows 10 Home x86. I looked around do my CPU or just my PC can handle the x64, and the most answer was yes.

I want to be sure that this is real, so I ask that x64 is compatible for my PC.

CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) Z3735X 1.33GHz 4 core
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics
    RAM: 2,00GB DDR3

Thanks.

:)

Hungaryball, Jan 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jan 2, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64?

The only advantage of the 64 bit system is you can use more than 4 gig of ram so not having that it will be worse than the 32 bit system which can only handle 4 gig. If you want to use the 64 bit you need an extra 4 gig or more of ram

Samuria, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    The only benefit of having 64 bit Windows is it can use and handle more than 4 GB RAM. It does not have any additional features compared to 32 bit Windows.

Your device does absolutely not need 64 bit Windows. I do not believe your processor even supports 4 GB or more RAM.

Kari, Jan 2, 2018
  6. That is not true: Why the 64-bit Version of Windows is More Secure

PolarNettles, Jan 2, 2018
  7. I do not know how to tell if your system is a 64-bit system. However here is what I do when I don't know that.

In my case on one of my Windows 10 computer version 1709 computer, I right-click the start button, then left click system.

Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64? [​IMG]

In the system specification system, it shows: system type 32-bit operating system x64-based processor
    --- So far so good. But I don't know if that's enough to prove that the motherboard is 64-bit.

So then I go to Crucial US | DRAM, Solid State Drive (SSD) Memory Upgrades and let it run their system scanner.
    Information about your make and model shows up on the left side.

In my case it shows max memory is 8GB - since the maximum memory is more than 4GB that tells me the motherboard is 64-bit.

If there's a more efficient way tp determine what you want to do, I'll look forward to knowing that.

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 2, 2018
  8. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64?

Well, I didn't get smarted, just the daily "your pc is the worst, buy the new one".

Guys, I had so many friends who had only 2 GB of ram, much worse, and even on Microsoft's website also writes that 2 GB is the minimum, not 4 GB. Windows 10 System Requirements Specifications | Microsoft

But do my CPU ccompatible to the x64? I have so many things can do with x64, and my PC should have better gaming preformance with it.

Hungaryball, Jan 2, 2018
  9. AddRAM Win User
    Just google your cpu and then click on the Ark link.

I only see a D, E, F, and G, no X and they are all 64 bit capable.

Products formerly Bay Trail

AddRAM, Jan 2, 2018
  10. I googled, but I didn't find my model.

Hungaryball, Jan 2, 2018
  11. dmholt57 Win User
    dmholt57, Jan 2, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    Open the website for the computer > enter the product or serial number or model > view the available drivers > post a URL or hyperlink in the thread.

zbook, Jan 2, 2018
  13. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64?

Please we are trying to help you and I know what it's like when friends tell me their opinions.
    You are correct about the 2GB: however, that's minimum requirement which usually results in minimum performance.
    --- I'm not in the computer business but I can definitely say that when I helped family and friends with only 2GB memory, minimal performance was obvious.
    --- Depending on how a user uses their system, there can be different opinions, but if you want better performance than minimum performance go to at least 4GB. Personally I recommend at least 6GB minimum for someone who wants to get into gaming. Naturally you can stay with your 2GB and find out how it goes.

On the instructions I provided, you are being led to technically know whether or not your processor is 64-bit.
    --- Does that make sense to you? If not please ask.

On the crucial website you are led to know whether or not the motherboard is 64-bit.
    --- Does that make sense to you? If not please ask.

With that above information, you will know if you can install Windows 10 Home/Pro x64.
    --- If that turns out to be the case though, don't install either one of them you.
    --- On more thing I'd be interesting in know is what graphics program the computer uses.

Once you know you put that information to together please let us know what the technical reports show.

I believe there is a Windows 10 analyzer program to evaluate your computer. I don't know what it's called right now, but if I find it I'll post back.

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 3, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jan 3, 2018
  15. AddRAM Win User
    Very Important

AddRAM, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64?

1. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 x86 to Windows 10 x64? - Similar Threads - upgrade x86 x64

2. upgrade domain controller from 2008 x86 to 2012 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade domain controller from 2008 x86 to 2012 x64: what is the best way to upgrade from 2008 to 2012 and then stop 2012just to know 2008 r2 is 32 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-domain-controller-from-2008-x86-to-2012/9cdc65b3-ab54-493f-bce9-16167c195e8a
  3. Upgrade x86 to x64 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade x86 to x64 Windows 10: Hey folks, I'm about to upgrade an x86 win 10 to x64, do I need to know my license key? I have read online that I shouldn't need to as its already licensed, but I've also read people who've had to input it again. I've had no luck locating the installation DVD, must have...
  4. Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso: Hello, I'm a computer repairer, I am trying to convince more people to upgrade to Windows 10. So I'm trying to make a bootable Windows 10 iso for x86 based systems, I have an iso file I downloaded from microsoft that contains both x86 and x64 the iso file size is 6.75 GB...
  5. Upgrading from x86 to x64, activated x86 win 10 pro key invalid for x64 win 10 pro.

Upgrading from x86 to x64, activated x86 win 10 pro key invalid for x64 win 10 pro.: So, I've gone through hell to make bootable media to install x64 version of windows... I had previously downloaded a 64-bit version of windows 10 pro on an external drive As a backup version of windows incase of disaster. It helped once while it lasted with huge success and...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...
  7. Wndows 10 x86,x86 based PC but x64 based processor,can it go x64

in Windows 10 Support
    Wndows 10 x86,x86 based PC but x64 based processor,can it go x64: Hello, I have a 32 bit windows 10 and x86 based pc but x64 based processor,originally it was a windows 10 64 bit and x64 based pc but my hard drive broke and got bad sector,it got fixed my a computer fixer but he installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit,i have a windows 10 x64...
  8. I have problem with upgrading Windows 10 x64 from Windows 10 x86

I have problem with upgrading Windows 10 x64 from Windows 10 x86: Hello. I also wrote a thread, where I asked do my CPU can handle x64, and everything said yes. So I tried to looking for installers, I downloaded one, and with rufus I extracket it on my pendrive, but when I tried to boot from USB in the Windows 10 bios menu or something, it...
  9. x64-based processor, but x86-based PC; can I upgrade to x64 bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    x64-based processor, but x86-based PC; can I upgrade to x64 bit?: Hi, I'm currently running a Windows 10 Pro PC with a 32-bit architecture. My processor allows for a x64 upgrade, but my system's information shows that my PC is x86 based. Can I still upgrade? I also have 6.00 gigabytes of ram, definitely enough for an upgrade. Thanks in...
  10. Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Upgraded to Windows 10 Home x86: I was just doing a little checking today and found that my win7 x64 installation Is now a windows 10 x86 installation after the upgrade The ISO I created from the download also pulls x64, but the installation was x86 The disk was setup as MBR and noticed the media tool...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you upgrade windows 10x86 to x64

2. windows 10 x86 to x64 upgrade