Windows 10: Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V

Discus and support Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, So I recently have ordered parts to replace and upgrade old and broken parts in my pc build. One of these parts being a new ssd and new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bpmoocows, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Bpmoocows Win User

Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V

Hey there,
    So I recently have ordered parts to replace and upgrade old and broken parts in my pc build. One of these parts being a new ssd and new hard drive due to old hard drive being corrupted. I have decided with this change to also upgrade my OS, i currently am running windows 7. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 but have did some limited research and found older posts that my motherboard isnt compatible with Windows 10. This is where I am confused. After going to my motherboards driver website I did see that there is a section of drivers for windows 10 but I dont know if it is enough to sell me. I am afraid to get the os if it could possibly mess something up. Can anyone help me out here and let me know if it is compatible or not now? Thank you!

Specs:
    Mb: asus p8z77-v
    Cpu: i5-2400 @3.1Ghz
    Gpu: GTX 660 TI (will be upgrading to a 1070)
    Hdd: seagate 2 TB
    SSD: pny 240 gb
    Psu: rm750x corsair

Website where I see beta drivers for windows 10:
    Access Denied

*** i would be okay with getting windows 8.1 instead if need be, but if windows 10 is compatible I would much rather the newer os

:)

Bpmoocows, Jan 3, 2017
  2. ABuehrlen Win User

Upgraded to windows 10. Cambridge Soundworks CSW3000 not working....

Speakers show up in windows and I upgraded the drivers its as if something isn't enabled somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe MB and and realtek onboard sound.

ABuehrlen, Jan 3, 2017
  3. WONNADOO Win User
    Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, no Windows 10 drivers

I have the same Mainboard and still running WIN 7 cause of the driver Problems.

But ASUS has just published new WIN 10 BETA ! 64bit Drivers for the P8Z77-V Deluxe MB.

Look at ASUS Homepage, i hope they will be for good soon...

WONNADOO, Jan 3, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It should be compatible, but why not just install it to find out? If you back up your current OS with a program like Macrium Reflect Free the only thing you have to lose is time.

NavyLCDR, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Yes...Asus has updated that mobo to run windows 10. You will need to make sure that your running the latest BIOS version and the latest chipset driver. Those 2 will have to updated first, then do a clean install of windows 10 and then install the rest of the windows 10 drivers.

Note: Download all drivers onto a USB drive, once the OS is installed, install all drivers from USB drive.

Plankton, Jan 3, 2017
  6. Should be fine, I use W10 Pro 64bit on a P8Z77-V PRO, rock solid. Intel Core i5-3570K, MSI GTX 970, Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB,

Torquemada, Jan 3, 2017
  7. Bpmoocows Win User
    I know how to update the BiOS, though it stresses me, i dont want to brick my MB. Would I update to the newest bios for windows 10 before installing windows? Would I update the chipset before installing windows as well? If so how would i do that?? Thank you!

Bpmoocows, Jan 3, 2017
  8. Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V

Check the Bios version, it may not need doing, it's quite old now.

Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V [​IMG]

Update before W10 if necessary. Chipset should be done after installing W10

Torquemada, Jan 3, 2017
  9. Bpmoocows Win User
    My bios was very out of date, so that is uodated now. My concern is that a lot of the drivers under the window 10 support are beta drivers. Ive read on other sites and forums that the mobo isnt compatible and there are issues with the sound card and other things, I would love to run windows 10 but am completely okay with going with windows 8 (i currently have 7) because my mobo is optimized for 8. Am just in a tough spot here because I do not want to buy windows ten and have it not work with my mobo or possibly mess anything up. Thank you for all the help guys

Bpmoocows, Jan 8, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Why would you have to buy Windows 10? Upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 while Microsoft is still giving it away for free. If you make a backup image of your Windows 7 first, if Windows 10 does not work for you, you can just restore your backup of Windows 7. After you do the upgrade to Windows 10, then you can turn around and do a clean install of Windows for free on the same digital license.

Almost everything that is compatible with Windows 8 is compatible with Windows 10 also.

NavyLCDR, Jan 8, 2017
  11. Bpmoocows Win User
    Im pretty sure the free upgrade ended in July or August. I am getting a new hard drive, the one with the windows 7 I mentioned is corrupted beyond salvaging and I do not have a back up for it, I managed to get some of the more important files on a flash drive but thats about it. So new hard drive new OS i figured.

Bpmoocows, Jan 8, 2017
  12. Berton Win User
    The offer and the GWX applet have been discontinued but the free Upgrade is still available, am now installing Build 14393.576 on third Upgrade in 3 days, 2 from Vista to Win7 w/SP1 then to Win10 and 1 from WinXP to Win7 w/SP1 to Win10. Try the MCT/Media Creation Tool, install it then follow the prompts or download the MCT for later running to get the Upgrade. The key to doing it is having an install of Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1 and having it activated first. There is a post about doing it here: https://www.tenforums.com/installati...till-free.html
    No, I'm not crazy but have resurrected otherwise good computers when the HDD/Hard Disk Drive was the problem and folks bought new, I don't automatically send hardware to recycle until I know is truly is not usable in some fashion. I haven't kept many such rehabbed computers as someone always has a need but not much money. My parts box is starting to run low on spare HDDs and memory modules.

Berton, Jan 8, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

As @Berton stated, MS is still giving it away for free. I would make a Windows 10 USB flash drive with either the MCT or downloading the Windows 10 ISO file and making a bootable USB flash drive out of the ISO file. Do a clean install of the version of Windows 10 that the Windows 7 would upgrade to. Skip entering the product key when it asks for it during install. Once you get it installed go to the activation page and change product key to the Windows 7 product key.

If that doesn't work, then shrink the Windows 10 partition to make room for a Windows 7 partition. Install Windows 7. Activate it by phone with the Windows 7 product key. Once Windows 7 is reactivated on that computer, then you should be able to enter the Windows 7 product key in Windows 10 to activate it. We know this is still working, so far, with the current version of Windows 10 (ver 1607). When MS releases the creator's update in April, this capability may go away (or it might go away before then, too, if MS turns off free activations).

NavyLCDR, Jan 8, 2017
  14. I stated earlier in this thread that I use a 'Asus P8Z77-V Pro' with W10 as opposed to a plain vanilla 'Asus P8Z77-V' There is no reason why the 'Asus P8Z77-V' won't work with W10, the differences are infinitesimal. Here's an article I found.

'The difference is very small indeed: - The pro has 2 more USB 3.0 ports. The last two, wont be quite as fast as the first two, since they are not native in chipset.- Another small difference is, that the pro has their Q-shield I/O anti-static back grill. Instead of their normal one. it got some metal padding, to better connect. I have no idea if it's better. Some users have reportet that it's a harder fit in cabinet.Main advantage is likely, that it looks better and descriptions of ports are clearer.'

Asus P8Z77-V or P8Z77-V PRO? - Motherboards - Tom's Hardware

Torquemada, Jan 8, 2017
  15. Bpmoocows Win User
    Update: Have finished the rebuild (got a new case power supply and hard drives) and installed windows 10 onto my SSD, aside from some an error i got (0x800750 i think, it said files were missing or corrupt, I got a new boot usb and it installed fine so heres hoping), and windows not seeing my mechanical drive at first, I just hard to partition it and assign a letter to it, it has been great so far. It runs smoother and better than 7 which I had before, none of the issues that forums talking about p8z77-v compatibility mentioned have arisen so far. The common issues were wake/sleep not working and the realtek audio not working, both work fine for me. So knock on wood, I think I was stressing over nothing. Thank you for all the help everyone!

Bpmoocows, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V - Similar Threads - upgrade Asus P8Z77

2. my early i7 MB W10 cannot upgrade to 11 - Can I get a new MB? XPS8900

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my early i7 MB W10 cannot upgrade to 11 - Can I get a new MB? XPS8900: Can I purchase a new MotherBoard for my XPS8900 WIN 10 early I7? I want to get WIN 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-early-i7-mb-w10-cannot-upgrade-to-11-can-i-get/8b48809f-ca3e-41b8-b584-38aaa11010a9
  3. my early i7 MB W10 cannot upgrade to 11 - Can I get a new MB? XPS8900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my early i7 MB W10 cannot upgrade to 11 - Can I get a new MB? XPS8900: Can I purchase a new MotherBoard for my XPS8900 WIN 10 early I7? I want to get WIN 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-early-i7-mb-w10-cannot-upgrade-to-11-can-i-get/8b48809f-ca3e-41b8-b584-38aaa11010a9
  4. Upgrade CPU and MB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade CPU and MB: Hi I am planning to upgrade my Desktop with new cpu and motherboard. I have my windows 8.1 product key which was upgraded to windows 10 and hence a digital key which i dont have. Will i be able to install windows 10. Or what is my best option? Thank you for your help...
  5. Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB: I'm having some issues with sound on my homebrew with an Asus P8Z77-V-LK running Windows 10 v20H2. It's been running great for 11 years. But recently, I have noticed missing pieces or bits when playing audio. it has progressively been getting worse. It happens when playing...
  6. Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB: I'm having some issues with sound on my homebrew with an Asus P8Z77-V-LK running Windows 10 v20H2. It's been running great for 11 years. But recently, I have noticed missing pieces or bits when playing audio. it has progressively been getting worse. It happens when playing...
  7. Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX: Hello, what is secure boot and does normally people need it. And what is the advantage of using it? And dies it work on windows 10. 139686
  8. Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX

in Windows 10 Support
    Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX: Hello, what is secure boot and does normally people need it. And what is the advantage of using it? And dies it work on windows 10. 139686
  9. Asus P8Z77-V Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro: As the years have rolled on has anyone found a fix for this Intel 82579LM on board Ethernet not working? I'm still suffering from it to this day and after hours of research and different driver installations I'm still no further forward! Stanc....
  10. Display port issue with Asus MB...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display port issue with Asus MB...: Well, I finally got around to do further testing... The motherboard and the cables are just fine with a 24" Dell monitor, connected via DP interface. Doing so confirmed that the BenQ monitor's DP interface died, just couple of month after the warranty expired. The HDMI...