Windows 10: Can I upgrade to win 10 english international from win 7 english US?

Discus and support Can I upgrade to win 10 english international from win 7 english US? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 (64 bit) to windows 10 using the mobile site (from which we can download the iso directly). It asked me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alnas, May 11, 2017.

1. alnas Win User

Can I upgrade to win 10 english international from win 7 english US?

I was trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 (64 bit) to windows 10 using the mobile site (from which we can download the iso directly). It asked me which language i am currently running. so i took a look at my control panel. It said I was running English US. So i thought English international is same as English US. But when i searched more about it I came to know that i am supposed to download English version instead of English International version.

Now the question is can i install win10 English International on my pc without losing any of my data and document?

Any help would be appriciated.

:)

alnas, May 11, 2017

2. Have not had the 1511 update and cannot use the MCT

I have downloaded the ISO burned it to a DVD and tried to install it.

It tells me it is the wrong language and I can't keep my apps!

I had a choice of "English" which seems to be US and "International English" which on the ISO is "J_CSSA_FR_EN_GB_DV5"

Is that correct?

I did the International English download as the PC was originally upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 and was purchased in the UK and uses British English.

I have upgraded 3 PCs to 1511

Two went fine and did it as a routine update and kept all the apps. the third came up with the same problem as this one and deleted all the apps

Why is updating to 1511 made so difficult?

Win 10 is a fine OS, but updates? A PITA - how to give more business to Apple!

Keith

keithnicholls37, May 11, 2017
  3. language issue

the problem is the origin of my win 10 was Chinese but I upgraded from win 7 and the display language was English.

ISMAILDAMA, May 11, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It probably would not activate. If you start the upgrade and it asks for a product key, it won't activate. If the upgrade goes through without asking for a product key, then you should be good to go. Why not just download the Windows 10 English US version and be sure?

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2017
  5. alnas Win User
    should i have to download win 10 English to get it activated?

I am asking this because i have downloaded almost 3/4 of installation iso of english international (about 3.2 gb out of 4.3 gb).

alnas, May 11, 2017
  6. alnas Win User
    Actually i have downloaded english international already.
    If i start downloading english us, it would take atleast 4 days (i have daily 1 GB speed-caps although my internet is free for next 3 months)

alnas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I upgrade to win 10 english international from win 7 english US? - Similar Threads - upgrade english international

2. Windows 11 English or English International ISO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 English or English International ISO?: Quick question, Doing an Upgrade from Windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 with the ISO file. PC Health Check says I'm compatible but it's just not showing in Windows UpdateI'm from Canada, with the Display Language being set to the US With the Regional format and the preferred Language...
  3. Windows 11 English or English International ISO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 English or English International ISO?: Quick question, Doing an Upgrade from Windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 with the ISO file. PC Health Check says I'm compatible but it's just not showing in Windows UpdateI'm from Canada, with the Display Language being set to the US With the Regional format and the preferred Language...
  4. Windows 10 English us or international ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 English us or international ?: Which language of windows10 should i choose us english or international ? 170425
  5. Windows10 english us or international ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 english us or international ?: Which language of windows10 should i choose us english or international ? 170425
  6. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  7. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  8. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  9. WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL OR US

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL OR US: Hello You have explained as to why download English International for people uyse 10 in India but have you been asked how to enter @ with a UK Keyboard layout I had to format and reinstall Windows 7 U and...
  10. Windows 10 - English International???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - English International???: Hey guys,..I'm going to buy a retail W10 (Home) software today on a USB Flash Drive for a new build. The title of the product says Windows 10 English International. Now I'm confused. What does it mean exactly? I don't remember this on the version I bought a couple of years...