Windows 10: Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Discus and support Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R08Y, Aug 21, 2016.

1. R08Y Win User

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1.
    So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro?

:)

2. aman2324 Win User

upgrade - can I upgrade from 7 to 10?

I heard its only free for 1 year

aman2324, Aug 21, 2016
  3. upgrade - can I upgrade from 7 to 10?

You can upgrade from win 7 (SP-1) to win 10 and if you do it within the first year it is free for the life of the device

Windows 10 FAQS
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq
    Windows 10 features
    Explore Windows 10 New Updates & Features | See What Windows 10 is Like

Win 10 Specs
    Windows 10 System Requirements & Specifications | Microsoft

How to upgrade

Get Windows 10 OS | Shop & Buy Windows 10 Devices | Check for Windows Updates

Upgrade paths
    Windows 10 Upgrade Paths and List of Deprecated Features with Alternatives - AskVG

What you should know about the Win10 launch

What you should know about the Win10 launch

Upgrade to Windows 10 for free

Get Windows 10 OS | Shop & Buy Windows 10 Devices | Check for Windows Updates

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello R08Y, *Smile

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. If you don't have the SP1 update installed in Windows 7 Ultimate, then you just may not be able to keep everything when upgrading to Windows 10. You can verify before starting the actual upgrade at step 15 below, and safely close Windows 10 Setup at this step to cancel the upgrade if wanted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Aug 21, 2016
  5. R08Y Win User
    Thanks!

R08Y, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate? - Similar Threads - upgrade ultimate

2. How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...: Actually it only shows in bottom of settings. I have dell Inspiron 15 pc and my windows 7 ultimate was a retail version before windows 7 ultimate my pc has pre-installed windows 8....
  3. How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...: Actually it only shows in bottom of settings. I have dell Inspiron 15 pc and my windows 7 ultimate was a retail version before windows 7 ultimate my pc has pre-installed windows 8....
  4. How to fix activate your pc after upgrading genuine windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...: I updated my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro successfully and it all worked fine for 10 - 15 minutes until I restarted my antivirus program after which I started randomly getting the BYOD. I reverted back to Windows 7, investigated the problem, saw it was due to...
  6. Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...

Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...: I updated my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro successfully and it all worked fine for 10 - 15 minutes until I restarted my antivirus program after which I started randomly getting the BYOD. I reverted back to Windows 7, investigated the problem, saw it was due to...
  7. Why does the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate fail after reverting back to Win 7...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?: So i redeemed an xbox live gold code and decided to upgrade to ultimate and i believed that the amount of months i had on my live gold would be converted to ultimate, it even says my next charge will be next year. however i got charged 18 dollars today for gamepass ultimate,...
  9. Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?

Why did i get charged for game pass ultimate after upgrading from xbox live gold?: So i redeemed an xbox live gold code and decided to upgrade to ultimate and i believed that the amount of months i had on my live gold would be converted to ultimate, it even says my next charge will be next year. however i got charged 18 dollars today for gamepass ultimate,...
  10. If i upgrade my windows 7 ultimate laptop to windows 11 does my lifetime product key will gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i upgrade my windows 7 ultimate laptop to windows 11 does my lifetime product key will gone?: If i upgrade my windows 7 ultimate laptop to windows 11 does my lifetime product key will gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-my-windows-7-ultimate-laptop-to/766be01b-f4b4-47e5-92e5-8f9b43d762fe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you update a windows 7 ultimate to windows 10

2. Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade to Windows 10