Windows 10: Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?

Discus and support Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have licence laptop of windows 10 home. i want to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. without out any cost it is possible to update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PATELMAYANK1, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?

I have licence laptop of windows 10 home. i want to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. without out any cost it is possible to update?

:)

PATELMAYANK1, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost?

1. Can i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro in free of cost? - Similar Threads - upgrade home pro

2. when i will be able to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 . Will it be free of cost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i will be able to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 . Will it be free of cost?: when i will be able to upgrade to windows 11 from windows 10 . Will it be free of cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-will-be-able-to-upgrade-to-windows-11-from/c777c7ed-20f1-4634-ab99-cac429ed6a86
  3. is their a to upgrade from Windows 10 Home SL to Pro for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is their a to upgrade from Windows 10 Home SL to Pro for free: Is their any way shape or form I can upgrade my Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 pro for free permanently without damaging any of files or doing anything illegal towards my system?P.S.I'm just curious...
  4. How much does it cost to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro in the UK

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How much does it cost to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro in the UK: A similar question but Google let me down :- Due to Brexit and Home Teaching, there is a lack of 2-in-1 laptops running Windows 10 Pro so an option is to buy one with Windows 10 Home and upgrade....
  5. Discounted upgrade cost from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Discounted upgrade cost from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Is there a discounted cost option for upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? If so, how is ths accessed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discounted-upgrade-cost-from-windows-10-home-to/0a2ed8aa-0e25-463c-93f7-3705d1e83754
  6. Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?

Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?: I have Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. I’d like to change it and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-home-to-pro-for-free/bc78173f-4b3e-4d80-becb-66f651d39237
  7. OEM 10 Home to Pro cost

OEM 10 Home to Pro cost: Hi Anyone know the cost of upgrading a brand new OEM Windows 10 Home OS to Windows 10 Pro? I don't actually have the laptop yet I need to know the difference in cost to work out whether the discount on the pre-configured laptop is worth the hassle / cost Thanks...
  8. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro using the free 8.1 upgrade

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro using the free 8.1 upgrade: This requires a bit of backstory. Back in the day, I bought a digital copy of Windows 8.1 Pro. Still have the email and it still shows up in my MS account order history. Once Windows 10 came out, MS offered it as a free upgrade for I think the first year, which I used and got...
  9. Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Exact Cost to Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?: Hi All been here before, but when I tried to recover old accounts password emails weren't recognized, anyways wondering what the exact cost would be to upgrade from WIndows 10 Home to Pro? Currently my 8 Core System is Running Windows 10 Home, kinda missing bitlocker...
  10. Upgrade From Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Can I Do it for free?

Upgrade From Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Can I Do it for free?: Hello, I am new to this forum and a novice user of computers. I recently purchased a new PC. My old PC was running Windows 10 Pro, which I got from Microsoft when they were giving it away for free. My new PC came with Windows 10 home edition installed on it. I want to...