Windows 10: Can I upgrade?

Discus and support Can I upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok., I have windows 7, I had a hard drive physical problem, so cloned my drive onto another larger faster drive. It is activated, but I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Old grumps, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Can I upgrade?

Ok., I have windows 7, I had a hard drive physical problem, so cloned my drive onto another larger faster drive. It is activated, but I get the message, this is not a varified microsoft product! Obviously it is. Can this be resolved in any way without having to purchase again?

:)

Old grumps, Jul 28, 2015

2. Recover key from image?

I downloaded a copy of Windows 10 Home. Bad thing is, there's no product key nor did I receive one from Microsoft upon download. How can I recover the key from an image that I have not installed?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

what can I use?, Jul 28, 2015
  3. ...I. Win User
    Bad system config info windows 10 on boot up!!!

I've tried that, and all restarting and troubleshooting options. I believe in my case I my have a virus, but there is no way to reach a malware detection program cause I can't start safe mode either. I'm not the most skilled when it comes to this, so if
    you have an idea give me steps. I'm getting a new laptop so I need to reset this one to factory settings anyway. It's a bit older Asus, it had w7 home before. Thanks for any help

...I., Jul 28, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Can I upgrade?

Activate by phone, that should take care of it.
    Also, this is a Windows 10 forums, you should post Windows 7 questions in the Windows 7 forum (sevenforums.com).

Ztruker, Jul 28, 2015
  5. It is a windows 10 problem as I wish to upgrade and doubt if I can. The label on the bottom of my laptop is worn and I cannot read the numbers to re-register!

Old grumps, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Is is also activated, but I still get a message, not validated!

Old grumps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can I upgrade?

1. Can I upgrade? - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903: I upgraded my Dell Optiplex desktop to Windows 10 1903 and noticed that the time to shutdown had increased from about 10 seconds to around 90 seconds. I reverted back to 1809 but still have the long shutdown period. I have tried, updating graphics and audio drivers,...
  3. How to upgrade Windows 10 with USB, DVD or local media

in Windows 10 News
    How to upgrade Windows 10 with USB, DVD or local media: Most Windows 10 devices are upgraded to newer versions of the operating system using Windows Update or Enterprise-grade update management solutions. While that works out fine in many cases, some administrators may prefer (or need) to upgrade using other methods. Common...
  4. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise: Recently I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade for my laptop, but after it did the upgrade in place, it was no longer activated and showing as a Windows 10 Enterprise. This is with the current 1903 (OS Build 18362.116). Is there any reason for this?...
  5. Windows 10 free upgrade

Windows 10 free upgrade: I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade when it was offered by Microsoft some years ago, but encountered a lot of problems (which I eventually discovered was down to the ISP and not Microsoft) and subsequently went back to Windows 7. As Microsoft is no longer supporting...
  6. upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded to the newest version but did it wrong: Hi there, I recently upgraded my 1607 version to the latest version of Windows but I didn't do it correctly, I did it how one of your techs online showed me how to do it. I did not create a back up nor a bootable copy of the Windows I was installing etc we simply put the...
  7. Can't Upgrade from 1803 to 1809 or 1903 - Could not configure message

Can't Upgrade from 1803 to 1809 or 1903 - Could not configure message: I am on version 1803 PRO 64-bit. Ever since 1809 was made available, I was not able to get a successful upgrade after at least 10 attempts. Each time after the second reboot and after the "48 Percent "message the upgrade would suddenly quit with an old style win XP style...
  8. SIL3114 BIOS upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SIL3114 BIOS upgrade: Hi, I recently purchased a SIL3114 PCI expansion board and after some fiddling had got it to work, however, I just upgraded the BIOS to the latest version and now it isn't working. This thing has been nothing but issue after issue, first it wouldn't even appear, then it...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Pro (via the Windows Store) now shows as Windows 10 Enterprise...

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Pro (via the Windows Store) now shows as Windows 10 Enterprise...: On a new Surface Laptop 2, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Windows Store App. When I check the Settings App under > System > About, it now shows I now have Windows 10 Enterprise (1903) installed and shows that it's not activated. In...