Windows 10: Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??

Discus and support Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just put a SSD in my computer and the difference was pretty dramatic. I tried to do the same with my wife's, but her partitians were laid out oddly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toller, May 24, 2018.

1. Toller Win User

Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??

I just put a SSD in my computer and the difference was pretty dramatic.
    I tried to do the same with my wife's, but her partitians were laid out oddly and wouldn't transfer, so I had to make one much smaller. It had to reboot to do that, and when it did, Windows simultaneously did an update.
    Apparently you can't do that, because it corrupted the system files.

I was able to get all her data off. Nothing worked to fix the disk, so I did a system restore. Turns out the original system is W7. I know you can upgrade it, but it doesn't look like fun, and I would then have to download all the software again. And I would have to make a second pass at the SSD. (this time I would ignore the system restore partitian; I think that would solve that problem.)

So... I stuck in a SSD that was a clone of my system and stuck it in. It SEEMS to work fine.
    Am I all set, or will I find problems in the future? I expected it to tell me my Windows was illegal, but it seems okay with it. Is it, or will hit me in the head later on?

:)

Toller, May 24, 2018

2. cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, May 25, 2018
  3. How can I get Cortana to ignore my wife's shared calendar?

Hi Lawrence,

I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Calendar App.
    • In the left pane, uncheck the option for your wife's calendar and check for status.

If the issue still persists, run the SFC (System File Checker) scan by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??

1. Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer?? - Similar Threads - clone drive wife's

2. me and my wife each have a computer with the same name and pin numbers. I use one drive but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    me and my wife each have a computer with the same name and pin numbers. I use one drive but...: I use one drive but my wife's computer is getting my white icons on her desktop and I'm not sharing. both computers have the same name and pin numbers. should i rename one of the computers?...
  3. I can not send emails to my wife's acct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not send emails to my wife's acct: Case #1052037634 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-send-emails-to-my-wifes-acct/434b7e8c-2def-466d-9093-8f8e4b4b873a
  4. I can not send emails to my wife's acct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can not send emails to my wife's acct: Case #1052037634 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-send-emails-to-my-wifes-acct/434b7e8c-2def-466d-9093-8f8e4b4b873a
  5. I can not send emails to my wife's acct

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can I clone my drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I clone my drive?: I am building a new PC that I am performing a new install of Windows 10 Pro on. My old PC has Windows 10 Home, which was part of the free upgrade initiative the PC originally had Windows 8.1. Is it possible for me to just clone my drive or use the Windows File Transfer tool...
  7. My computer controls my wife's screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer controls my wife's screensaver: I changed my screensaver, and soon after the screensaver on my wife's computer changed as well. Any ideas as to why? It didn't used to do that! Hers is a Dell running Window's 10, while mine was custom built by a local shop, also running Window's 10. Thoughts? Thanks!...
  8. Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive?: The title pretty much lists my question. I'm using UEFI win10, v1909, and the external drive will be in an iDsonic external drive enclosure. If I have a serious problem, I can use this drive while deciding what to do. Another question - maybe stretching the topic. Can I use...
  9. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  10. This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.: When I setup a screensaver slideshow on my Win 10 computer it also sets itself up on my wife's Win 10 machine. How do I stop this? Is this something to do with a network setting that I don't want or need? Thanks 39486

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use cloned ssd on seperate computers

2. can i use my microsoft account to upgrade my wifes computer