Windows 10: Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista

Discus and support Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I do have a Vista OS in my computer. I understand it can not be uppgraded right away to Windows 10. But my brothers hardware was damaged badly. He had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JapiT, Jul 26, 2016.

1. JapiT Win User

Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista

I do have a Vista OS in my computer. I understand it can not be uppgraded right away to Windows 10. But my brothers hardware was damaged badly. He had Windows 10 in that computer. Is it possible to use that lisence?

If someone can help, I'm grateful, of course.

:)

JapiT, Jul 26, 2016

2. upgrading from Vista on a new computer

Hi,

I just bought a "clean" computer and would like to install Windows 10. However, I still own a licensed Vista and an official (with key) upgrade to Windows 8.

Can I install windows 10 on my new computer using only one of the two keys (Vista or Windows 8) without having to install Vista then upgrade it to Windows 8 and then again to Windows 10?

Thanks

helen_of_troy, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade from Vista

Since a direct upgrade from Vista to Windows 10 is not supported can I use my already activated Windows 7 disk to upgrade Vista to 7 then buy the 10 upgrade so I've got the proper license?

The Harley Dude, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista

If it was a purchased Retail Edition yes. If it was a factory OEM install no. What was the original OS on that now dead PC? How was windows 10 installed on it?

alphanumeric, Jul 26, 2016
  5. JapiT Win User
    Thanks for your answer. it solves my problem.

JapiT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista

1. Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista - Similar Threads - license broken computer

2. Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...: I bought a laptop that came with windows 10, then upgraded to windows 11. I was looking to buy windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store as it is the same price as buying a retail windows 11 home key. I was wondering if I would then be able to use that on a new PC I am going...
  3. Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...: I bought a laptop that came with windows 10, then upgraded to windows 11. I was looking to buy windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store as it is the same price as buying a retail windows 11 home key. I was wondering if I would then be able to use that on a new PC I am going...
  4. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 using my old Windows 7 "upgrade" license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade to Windows 10 using my old Windows 7 "upgrade" license?: Hello, I have a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade license that I'm no longer using in my older computer. Can I use this Win 7 license to upgrade to Windows 10 in a new computer build I'm doing? Or will I have to just buy a new Windows 10 license? Thank you....
  5. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 using my old Windows 7 "upgrade" license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade to Windows 10 using my old Windows 7 "upgrade" license?: Hello, I have a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade license that I'm no longer using in my older computer. Can I use this Win 7 license to upgrade to Windows 10 in a new computer build I'm doing? Or will I have to just buy a new Windows 10 license? Thank you....
  6. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 using my old Windows 7 "upgrade" license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Using Vista Ultimate code to upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Vista Ultimate code to upgrade Windows 10: Hi. I have a Vista Ultimate serial from an older pc I have. Can I use it to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-vista-ultimate-code-to-upgrade-windows-10/74a29a1d-58c1-4f18-acad-3278ed3dee31
  8. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista?

Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista?: Can i upgrade to windows 10 from win vista * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: upgrade to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-to-windows-10-from-vista/4690256c-c22f-4f71-8fd1-463954176ccf
  9. Can Window Vista Upgrade To Windows 10

Can Window Vista Upgrade To Windows 10: Hi, I have a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. I wanted to know if i could upgrade it to Windows 7 or Windows 10 for free. Thank You....
  10. Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?: I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have other accounts like gmail, etc., but I really can't stand the windows 10 mail. I must be the old dog who can't or rather will...