Windows 10: Can I use my 7 product key to activate?

Discus and support Can I use my 7 product key to activate? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys. I uninstalled the GWX update a couple of weeks back (icon was annoying me lol don't ask) I reinstalled the update today with 10 being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dgcdan, Jul 28, 2015.

1. dgcdan Win User

Can I use my 7 product key to activate?

Hey guys.

I uninstalled the GWX update a couple of weeks back (icon was annoying me lol don't ask) I reinstalled the update today with 10 being released & the GWX app wouldn't work at all, no icon, nothing. Instead I have just upgraded by using their media creation tool instead & I'm getting the "Can't activate, try later" message also. Will this be because I never used the GWX app? Can I use my 7 product key to activate? I had a legit 7 ultimate key installed before I upgraded my machine.

Thanks peeps.

:)

dgcdan, Jul 28, 2015

2. Can I use my product key of windows 7 to activate downloaded windows 10?

Hi

This feature is not currently available in Windows 10.

It will be added as a new feature in a future update.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Can I use my product key of windows 7 to activate downloaded windows 10?

I have downloaded win 10 can I use the serial key of Windows 10 to activate

ApurbaMondol, Jul 28, 2015
  4. mrplt Win User

AFAIK You'll have to reinstall Windows 7 and do to upgrade process again.

mrplt, Jul 28, 2015
  5. dgcdan Win User
    Oh god what a nightmare lol, I couldn't get their GWX app to work at all, I tried the "fixes" online and guides but it just refused to show the icon anymore. :\

Thanks for the reply mate. *Smile

dgcdan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use my 7 product key to activate? - Similar Threads - product key activate

2. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  3. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  4. Use Windows 7 Product Key to Activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use Windows 7 Product Key to Activate Windows 10: Can a customer use a Retail Windows 7 product key to Activate modern versions of Windows 10? [Original Title: Assistance] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-windows-7-product-key-to-activate-windows-10/d4bdfb26-5386-47af-937c-b754871f443e
  5. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?: Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or Official, I said Official, then he asked me for the Product Id, he doesn't know that Product Id and Key aren't the same things, so...
  6. windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key: I want to activate windows 10 by using my windows 7 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-by-using-windows-7-product/8d7b9be6-cb77-4414-b079-99832c0dcb77
  7. Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key

Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key: Hi, we have a few computers which originally came with Windows 7 and OEM product keys. We have upgraded them to Windows 10 and some of these activated Windows automatically other needed product key entering, but we were able to activate all of these machines, originally...
  8. Can I use Windows 7 Product Key for Windows 10?

Can I use Windows 7 Product Key for Windows 10?: I have a product key for Windows 7 Home Premium on the back of my computer. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I ran into some problems which caused me to reinstall Windows from a USB drive without being able to boot up Windows. Now, long story short my Windows is not activated...
  9. Can I downgrade to windows 7 using my windows 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I downgrade to windows 7 using my windows 10 product key: I really dislike windows 10 and i was wondering if i could go to the download windows 7 disc image website and put my windows 10 product key to download windows 7....
  10. can i activate windows 10 using my windows 7 product key?

can i activate windows 10 using my windows 7 product key?: hi, so recently i got parallels desktop on my mac. i wanna activate it using my windows 7 ultimate product key. however, it says that the edition on windows 10 is the home single language one. like can i use the windows 7 product key?...