Windows 10: can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

Discus and support can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tiana porter, Feb 28, 2024.

1. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?

:)

tiana porter, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2024
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 28, 2024
  4. r.h.p Win User

can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

1. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc? - Similar Threads - product key

2. Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...: Hello, I'm getting the impression that I am getting a serious case of Techno-Snobbery from Microsoft.I am trying to, with some difficulty you understand, to install the 'Pro' version of Microsoft's Wondows 11 Operating System.I own a HP 17-BY0026DS Laptop PC, and the...
  3. Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...: Hello, I'm getting the impression that I am getting a serious case of Techno-Snobbery from Microsoft.I am trying to, with some difficulty you understand, to install the 'Pro' version of Microsoft's Wondows 11 Operating System.I own a HP 17-BY0026DS Laptop PC, and the...
  4. Product key for Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key for Windows 11 Pro: I bought a computer from a school district that already has Windows 11 Pro installed but it is not activated. Can I just purchase a product key for it? I don't need the software, just the license/product key....
  5. Product key for Windows 11 Pro

Product key for Windows 11 Pro: I bought a computer from a school district that already has Windows 11 Pro installed but it is not activated. Can I just purchase a product key for it? I don't need the software, just the license/product key....
  6. I bought an HP Victus laptop with Windows 11, lost the 25-letter product key. Supplier...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought an HP Victus laptop with Windows 11, lost the 25-letter product key. Supplier...: I bought a new HP Victus laptop with Windows 11 already installed on it, but I accidentally lost some important information, such as the 25-letter product key ID. I have contacted my supplier and am currently waiting for their response, but I also want to reach out to...
  7. I bought an HP Victus laptop with Windows 11, lost the 25-letter product key. Supplier...

I bought an HP Victus laptop with Windows 11, lost the 25-letter product key. Supplier...: I bought a new HP Victus laptop with Windows 11 already installed on it, but I accidentally lost some important information, such as the 25-letter product key ID. I have contacted my supplier and am currently waiting for their response, but I also want to reach out to...
  8. FROM WHERE I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FROM WHERE I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY?: MY OLD PRODUCT KEY NOT WORKING AND I CAN'T ACTIVATE MY WINDOW. HOW I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-where-i-get-new-product-key/4cf32f43-7964-415e-a6e9-a99e59838ffb
  9. FROM WHERE I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY?

FROM WHERE I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY?: MY OLD PRODUCT KEY NOT WORKING AND I CAN'T ACTIVATE MY WINDOW. HOW I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-where-i-get-new-product-key/4cf32f43-7964-415e-a6e9-a99e59838ffb
  10. FROM WHERE I GET NEW PRODUCT KEY?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade