Windows 10: Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need help in knowing if I can use Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home to log into a remote computer from my PC. I purchased a PC with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cosrocket, Feb 6, 2016.

1. cosrocket Win User

Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home?

Hello, I need help in knowing if I can use Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home to log into a remote computer from my PC.

I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home not realizing that I will have to log into a PC in another location. I am told that to use Remote Desktop I would have to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, and I would not even see Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home. But I checked and the Remote Desktop app is there and there is a place to enter the remote computer name.

I don't want to have to upgrade to the Pro version of Windows 10 unless I have to. I will only be logging into the remote PC from my PC, not the other way around.

Thanks very much for your help.

:)

cosrocket, Feb 6, 2016

2. How can I allow my laptop to access my desktop when I am away from my office?

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to Windows 10 home doesn’t have remote desktop feature in it, you can find it in other Editions like Professional, Enterprise, and Education series.

Once you have updated, follow the below link on “How to use Remote Desktop

in windows 10”.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-use-remote-desktop

Refer :

Remote Desktop Connection: frequently asked questions

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

I are using Windows 10 & windows 10. I would like to connect to my another computer using Remote Desktop, but I get the following error:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled

2) The remote computer is turned off

3) The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

can any one help me

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

WessamALahmad, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Yes, you can use it as a client that connects to another computer, but not as the target of a connection request.

In other words, you can DTP out but not in.

Ztruker, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Home

2. Windows 10 Home remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home remote desktop: I run a small business and we are in the process of changing our main program to a remote desktop network. I have purchased each of my employees a laptop to work from home and they all have Windows 10 Home. None of them will connect to the remote desktop and after researching...
  3. Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home: Could you please activate remote desktop connection for those who bought Windows 10 Home edition? this a big disadvantage during pandemia not to have a possibility to work from home...
  4. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home: Hi there, I'm trying to connect remotely to my work PC, but I'm unable to do so. All the articles and guides I found, talk about configuring the remote desktop, which was successfully done by my organisation's IT team, who were able also to connect to it remotely. Only I...
  5. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  6. Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro?: Can a Windows Home version Remote Desktop into a Windows Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-windows-home-version-remote-desktop-into-a/a478c452-5132-492f-951f-5bd49ebccb57
  7. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  8. How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP)

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Windows 10 Remote Desktop in Windows Home (RDP): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are many differences between Windows 10 Home and Professional. The Remote Desktop feature is one of them. Unlike the professional version, if you ever try to use Remote Desktop feature in the home version, you will not be able [...] This post How to...
  9. Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home

Remote Desktop for Win 10 Home: Last week I set up, and used, the Remote Desktop utility for Windows 10 Home, but I have been trying to access in now and coming up with this message [img] I have restarted my system, I have reinstalled the RDPWrap file, checked the Firewall settings...nothing works....
  10. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066