Windows 10: Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer

Discus and support Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Win 10 install.esd for tomorrow's upgrade is on my new Win 8.1 computer. Can I use an iso. made from that esd. to upgrade my Win 7 computer if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CalBear37, Jul 27, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer

The Win 10 install.esd for tomorrow's upgrade is on my new Win 8.1 computer. Can I use an iso. made from that esd. to upgrade my Win 7 computer if it has not yet received the upgrade files? Both will be upgrading to Win 10 Home.

I wouldn't try it until tomorrow because activation will most likely not work until the 29th.

:)

CalBear37, Jul 27, 2015

2. Will I be able to download and burn an iso Windows 10?

That information is not yet set in stone but if you upgrade on one machine future upgrades can use the other computer on your local network for the upgrade files. You can also use the "ESD" file that upgraded the first machine to make an ISO for the others
    this way

(procedure should be the same when win 10 is relaesed)

How to create a Windows 10 ISO file using an ESD image • Pureinfotech

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 27, 2015
  3. Jacek.01BER, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer

1. Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer - Similar Threads - iso esd upgrade

2. Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer: Blue screen options do nothing. I have no recovery disk. Can I download a recovery disk from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-from-another-computer-to/643f6ad6-5a85-491d-9e3f-efee3d86376f
  3. ESD or ISO

ESD or ISO: Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-or-iso/5068853b-102f-40f2-aa2e-48fd3cd633be
  4. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  5. Which ESD to ISO method should I use?

Which ESD to ISO method should I use?: On home stretch. Got the 14257 ESD from my laptop so I can try to fix my desktop installation of 14257 (to get DISM to work again) Which method on the ESD to ISO tool should I use? 39941
  6. Can you use your iso to install on another computer?

Can you use your iso to install on another computer?: If I use the iso I installed on my computer to install on my dad's pc will that be ok as long as he uses his key whenofficial release comes out? 6778
  7. ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO

ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO: I'm confused about the ESD folder. If I install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool, an ESD folder is created. I understand that this folder should not be deleted if you plan to use the Recovery feature as it includes the files need to reinstall Windows. If I reinstall...
  8. Using a Windows 10 ISO File on another computer.

Using a Windows 10 ISO File on another computer.: Hello all, I download a Windows 10 ISO File from [https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html ] and made a dvd, can I use this on any computer now or only on mine where it was created? Also, how do I remove the windows notice to download and install win 10?...
  9. Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I create Bootable USB for Win 10 from another computer?: Had tried to update the BIOS on my son's Alienware Aurora R4 so that we could install an upgraded graphics card (980 Ti). Used the Dell Support site - and was upgrading from Bios 7 to Bios 9 - would eventually go up to current version 11 before swapping GPU. Followed...
  10. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File: How to: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [img] Warning As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO...