Windows 10: Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it?

Discus and support Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am going to be purchasing a new Windows 10 laptop to replace the laptop with Windows 10 I have now. I will be disposing of the laptop I am using... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MeAndMyComputer, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it?

I am going to be purchasing a new Windows 10 laptop to replace the laptop with Windows 10 I have now.
    I will be disposing of the laptop I am using now.
    --- Even though it runs good, I want a modern laptop with more zip and modern specs.
    I have a Microsoft account, can I use the same Microsoft account on the new laptop when I get it?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Dec 12, 2017

2. Can I use the same Microsoft account username to access more than one user account in Windows 10?

I still haven't seen a response to my follow-up questions. I'm noticing that with this local account, I can no longer get Cortana to work for me because I'm not logging in with my Microsoft account username and password. I'm having this problem because
    I'm not using my admin account. So it appears that this is the sacrifice.

So I'll go back to my original question. How can I have both an admin and a standard user account type linked to my Microsoft account? Per the recommendation by Microsoft, the standard user account would be used for everyday computing, because of the additional
    security created by not having the elevated privileges active. I can't imagine that Microsoft would want me to not be synced to my Microsoft account for both the admin and standard user account types.

Dennis Van Hise, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Can I use the same Microsoft account username to access more than one user account in Windows 10?

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the below mentioned steps to create a Standard Local user account:

* Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt(Admin)

* Type "net user useracc /add" (without quotes) and hit
    Enter Key

Note: useracc should be the name of the User account your want to create. For example: If you want account name as 'computer', then the command will be "net user computer /add"

*Type "net localgroup administrators useracc /add" (without quotes). Using this command you can make the desired account with administrator rights.

* Type "net user useracc *" (without quotes). This command allows you to create a password to your account

* Once done, type Exit to close the command prompt. Sign-out from the current account to login to the created New account, which you can find on the login screen.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 12, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it?

Yes, absolutely. I use my MS login on all of my PCs and laptops (8 at present, though the number shrinks and grows as machines come and go here at Chez Tittel).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 12, 2017
  5. Bat 1 Win User
    AFAIK there's no limit on the number of PCs that can use the same account ? The only limit is after 10 PCs are on the same account, any new ones added won't be able to use the account on the Store.

Bat 1, Dec 12, 2017
  6. Although I haven't purchased a new Windows 10 laptop I can see the my questions have been answered. Thank you.

MeAndMyComputer, Dec 29, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    That limit was allegedly updated to 2000 devices and @Brink posted image iirc showing that on hs device.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it?

1. Can I use the same Microsoft account on my new laptop when I get it? - Similar Threads - same Microsoft account

2. I already use the same microsoft account on two devices. When syncing data to my new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I already use the same microsoft account on two devices. When syncing data to my new...: I have different files on each of my old laptops. I recently bought a new laptop, and when asked to import data, it has brought files over from the wrong device. It is the correct account How can I resolve this issue?...
  3. I need to put a new pin into my laptop, but I can not get into my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need to put a new pin into my laptop, but I can not get into my Microsoft account: Recently my HP laptop had some sort of windows restart/update, and when I tried to get into it I get this message:"Your PIN is not available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."To set up my pin, I must go into my Microsoft...
  4. I need to put a new pin into my laptop, but I can not get into my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to put a new pin into my laptop, but I can not get into my Microsoft account: Recently my HP laptop had some sort of windows restart/update, and when I tried to get into it I get this message:"Your PIN is not available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."To set up my pin, I must go into my Microsoft...
  5. I need to put a new pin into my laptop, but I can not get into my Microsoft account

6. Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?: Hey, My name is James Adaline and I live in Los Angeles. I was planning to travel to New York City, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to bring my laptop with me. So my question is, can I use my laptop on my mobile phone by using my Microsoft account? As we...
  7. Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it but before I set it up I need to know the best way to do it.The setup requires you to either use a current Microsoft Account or create a new one.If I use my current Microsoft Account for the new laptop will it affect my current...
  8. Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?

Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it but before I set it up I need to know the best way to do it.The setup requires you to either use a current Microsoft Account or create a new one.If I use my current Microsoft Account for the new laptop will it affect my current...
  9. Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. When I "sign in using microsoft account", I get a new user.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When I "sign in using microsoft account", I get a new user.: When I "sign in using Microsoft account", I get a new user with that Microsoft account. I don't want a new user, I just want to connect the current user to my Microsoft account. Any idea how to fix this? 41141