Windows 10: Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program?

Discus and support Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using the Collectorz.com software BooK Collector, Movie Collector, Comic Collector and Music Collector. They all allow the ability to load images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kaitelan, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Kaitelan Win User

Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program?

I'm using the Collectorz.com software BooK Collector, Movie Collector, Comic Collector and Music Collector. They all allow the ability to load images of the front and back covers as well as other images.

They also have an Edit button for editing photos. It requires a path in the settings dialog. How do I use the Photos Windows App that's supposed to be in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps when Win10 refuses to give me access?

What is the point in having this app if I can't call it to do it's job from within another program?

If I have to buy a separate photo edititing app then I won't be using Photos anymore. I don't need two apps that do the same thing.

Is there a way to call the Photos App from within another program?

:)

Kaitelan, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program?

editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program?

1. Can I use the Windows 10 Photos App from within another program? - Similar Threads - Photos App within

2. How to delete photos from within the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete photos from within the Photos app.: In earlier versions of Windows I was able to view photos one after another by clicking or tapping the right arrow. When I ran across one that was blurry, I could delete it from within the viewer without having to return to Windows Explorer.Now with the Windows 10 Photos app I...
  3. How to delete photos from within the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete photos from within the Photos app.: In earlier versions of Windows I was able to view photos one after another by clicking or tapping the right arrow. When I ran across one that was blurry, I could delete it from within the viewer without having to return to Windows Explorer.Now with the Windows 10 Photos app I...
  4. Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not upload photos to Facebook from Windows 10 photos app: Can not upload photos from windows to Facebook. Using the Microsoft edge browser. When I click the photo option on Facebook it doesn't even give the windows photo app as an option, just takes me to my file browser and makes me chose from Picture. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. Photos Album created within photos app Windows 10 not syncing to onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Album created within photos app Windows 10 not syncing to onedrive: I created a photo album using the photos app in windows 10 but for some reason it is not showing as an album in onedrive. Other albums I've created in the past do appear in both photos app and onedrive. But this recently created album does not. Only shows in photos app in...
  6. Can I view only photos not in an album within Windows 10 Photos?

Can I view only photos not in an album within Windows 10 Photos?: Question in title. I would like to organize my entire photograph library and it would be much easier for me to only see photos not in albums, whilst I am organizing. Kind Regards, Neil....
  7. What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10: What apps and programs can I uninstall from Windows 10 to free up some storage space? I never use my media like music or movies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-apps-and-programs-can-i-uninstall-from/77e647ab-9bc5-4802-af07-78ad045db40d"
  8. Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?

Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?: Got a new laptop for Christmas. Well wife did, I get to set it up for her. There are programs on her old laptop that I would like to transfer to the new one. Specifically Familytree Maker 2008 and 2009. I don't have the original discs any more. It seems like the latest FTM is...
  9. I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot upgrade anything in-app and I cannot start an app/program from another app/program...: This is a doozy or a question, but here I go. I have a Dell Inspiron 5577 running Win10 version 1809 (it came with Win10 -- I didn't upgrade it). For the past couple of days (since May 1), I have been unable to use certain apps and programs that require internet or server...
  10. Can i use the recimg from another partition?

Can i use the recimg from another partition?: Currently im locked out of my primary windows partition because it cant boot. I'm currently on another partition trying my best to recover it. i want to refresh my windows but i really dont want to reinstall over 400GB of desktop apps. so after reading i stumbled across a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start windows photo from within another applikation