Windows 10: Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

Discus and support Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by plach661, Dec 6, 2016.

1. plach661 Win User

Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have other accounts like gmail, etc., but I really can't stand the windows 10 mail.
    I must be the old dog who can't or rather will not learn this new trick.
    Does anyone know if I can use windows mail and if so how to get the program on my new computer??

:)

plach661, Dec 6, 2016
  2. nammtoei Win User

Mail For Exchange I want the version can use with nokia 5800

I want to get mfe for nokia 5800 device but it can only download on ovi store. I cannot download it. It show me failed. Please sent direct link to get it on pc and i will install with my device. Thanks

nammtoei, Dec 6, 2016
  3. Mail For Exchange I want the version can use with nokia 5800

You can download directly from the link below:

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

psychomania---01, Dec 6, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Dec 6, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Note that your link says prominently...
    and the learn more links says...

Bree, Dec 6, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    Perhaps you could suggest a better Email app and one that is not web browser based. I have to agree with the OP that the Mail app in 10 is absolutely useless. Especially if you have multiple accounts and no options really available. The turn to mobile app integration by MS with existing Windows is quite deplorable in my opinion. I'm not going to rant because I understand their logic in trying to keep up with the mobile industry.

SonicBlue, Dec 6, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    I use web browser based email so I'm not qualified to pass an opinion, but I see Thunderbird mentioned often. I see it's also available as a Portable App...
    http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...rbird_portable

Bree, Dec 6, 2016
  8. SonicBlue Win User

Perhaps you could suggest a better Email app and one that is not web browser based. I have to agree with the OP that the Mail app in 10 is absolutely useless. Especially if you have multiple accounts and no options really available. The turn to mobile app integration by MS with existing Windows is quite deplorable in my opinion. I'm not going to rant because I understand their logic in trying to keep up with the mobile industry.

Best email apps for Windows 10 | Windows Central

SonicBlue, Dec 6, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Our posts crossed. Seems your link in the second version likes Thunderbird too...

Bree, Dec 6, 2016
  10. Hi:

Yep, Thunderbird is just fine under Win10.
    I have migrated the same carefully cultivated profile across many platforms over the years, from XP to Vista to 7 and now to 10.
    You can set up ISP, webmail, Exchange accounts, POP or IMAP.
    Lots of ways to customize, if you wish.
    Works great with my spam-filtering/mail-previewing software, Mailwasher Pro.

Each email client offers its own advantages and disadvantages.
    Some are free & open source, others are paid-for and proprietary.
    Some are better suited to POP, others to IMAP; many will do both.

It really depends on how you use email...

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista? - Similar Threads - Mail used Vista

2. Can I use windows for commercial use as an individual?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use windows for commercial use as an individual?: I am a student and unemployed, please can I use my PC with windows 10 pre-installed and activated for making graphic designs using free application softwares and materials for people or to promote my own low profit generating startup to make small earnings for myself?Please...
  3. Can I use windows for commercial use as an individual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use windows for commercial use as an individual?: I am a student and unemployed, please can I use my PC with windows 10 pre-installed and activated for making graphic designs using free application softwares and materials for people or to promote my own low profit generating startup to make small earnings for myself?Please...
  4. Can I use windows for commercial use as an individual?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I use windows for commercial use not as an individual?

Can I use windows for commercial use not as an individual?: I am a student and unemployed, please can I use my PC with windows 10 pre-installed and activated for making graphic designs using free application softwares and materials for people or to promote my own low profit generating startup to make small earnings for myself?Please...
  6. How can I use Mail Merge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use Mail Merge?: I am using Word 2013. Help me mail merge document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-mail-merge/587b4f4d-c442-4189-9d2d-33c41397b2ee
  7. How can I stop Send To > Mail Recipient using Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop Send To > Mail Recipient using Windows Live Mail: I used to use Windows Live Mail as my default email program but have now purchase Outlook. I have set Outlook as the default Mail and MailTo app but Send To > Mail Recipient still uses Windows Live Mail. If I open Windows Live Mail it claims to be the default messaging app...
  8. can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer: I have mozella thunderbird as my default email client on my windows 10 computer but I want to set up mail on the same computer so I can check all the settings and fix the mail program running on the computers at my computer club, but I don't seem to be able to do that. Will...
  9. Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista

Can I use license of Windows 10 of broken computer to upgrade my Vista: I do have a Vista OS in my computer. I understand it can not be uppgraded right away to Windows 10. But my brothers hardware was damaged badly. He had Windows 10 in that computer. Is it possible to use that lisence? If someone can help, I'm grateful, of course. 57538
  10. Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista?: Index - Windows Search Service I'm having a huge problem where things simply won't search on my laptop, and the Microsoft folder isn't even in Program Files, so I'm unsure if the other methods are even safe. *Huh 22921