Windows 10: Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

Discus and support Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm going to follow this tutorial to do a memtest86 MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials Is it OK to use this tutorial and boot to UEFI instead?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theridon, Jan 30, 2018.

1. theridon Win User

Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

theridon, Jan 30, 2018
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Jan 30, 2018
  3. wkhai Win User
    After Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10, my application programs were no longer installed.

Just a thought ... your rollback isn't successful probably because the files were not in the correct directories.

BTW, Win10 dos not utilise the BIOS for bootloading, you need to lookup UEFI

here's one to get you started:

What You Need to Know About Using UEFI Instead of the BIOS

wkhai, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

UEFI is the replacement for BIOS. All recent systems have UEFI as the boot software but people still use the term "BIOS" interchangeably.

I assume you want to get into BIOS/UEFI setup in order to boot to the memtest86 USB drive. That tutorial will work as long as your system is UEFI and Windows was installed in UEFI mode.

Or you can just hit DEL, F2, F11, or F12 (depending on your system) at the BIOS/UEFI boot screen. Most systems still support this.

PolarNettles, Jan 30, 2018
  5. theridon Win User
    Got it, thanks. Should I be using memtest86 or memtest86+ ?

theridon, Jan 30, 2018
  6. memtest86+ hasn't been updated in a long time so I'd just stick to memtest86.

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

1. Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest? - Similar Threads - UEFI instead BIOS

2. Bootable media BIOS Can be used on both UEFI Or BIOSold PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable media BIOS Can be used on both UEFI Or BIOSold PCs: About, WinPE like HirensCD USB or MedicatUSB or Microsoft Windows WinPE or Acronis WinPE or... Bootable media BIOS Can be used on both UEFI Or BIOSold PCs Bootable media UEFI Can be used ONLY on UEFI PCs Is this correct?...
  3. I have UEFI but I can only get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have UEFI but I can only get into BIOS: Hi I have checked system info and it says BIOS mode UEFI, but when I go into the BIOS settings I get the BIOS interface. I've seen images of a UEFI interface and I definately do not get that, Just the blue and white BIOS that I've seen for years. I've checked the partion...
  4. UEFI instead of BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI instead of BIOS: Hi guys. So recently i've been checking out my system components and my BIOS seems to be outdated. First of all i want to install UEFI instead of BIOS, and secondly, it says 'Outdated' next to the 'BIOS', which i believe is a bad thing? Even tho google tells me that i don't...
  5. Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fails to detect UEFI BIOS, assumes Legacy instead: Hi, Due to some string of events, my computer has quick boot enabled in BIOS. I need to load UEFI to change some things, and am unable to because this setting is enabled. I assumed there was a way to reboot into UEFI from inside Windows 10, so I looked up how and found the...
  6. Can UEFI BIOS get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can UEFI BIOS get corrupted?: Good day I have an HP laptop that out of thin air show the following message upon starting up: "The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid System board (00A) - System Board CT number" Now Windows 10 says it's not activated and...
  7. Memtest

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest: Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memtest/f8657cc2-ba50-490a-bf1e-0c416df21c8d
  8. How can I make Windows use UEFI instead of BIOS without losing any data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I make Windows use UEFI instead of BIOS without losing any data?: Hi, How can I make Windows use UEFI instead of BIOS without losing any data? My disk is apparently using MBR right now, which only supports BIOS mode. Currently running 1903, can I easily make this change during the update to 1909? I've seen some videos but they...
  9. About using Memtest varieties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About using Memtest varieties: Recently have had stack overflow warnings, which I understand can be a sign of RAM failure. Be that so, which version of the application is best for Windows 10 64 bit, please? I have also read the tutorial, but that deals only with creating a bootable usb stick, and...
  10. UEFI missing? How can I access bios?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI missing? How can I access bios?: Missing bios nor gives the option during reboot to go to bios. 74939

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i installl uifi instead of old bios