Windows 10: Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

Discus and support Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can the individual taskbar thumbnails (which appear when you mouse over taskbar apps) be set to stay on top while you're doing other things/working in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

Can the individual taskbar thumbnails (which appear when you mouse over taskbar apps) be set to stay on top while you're doing other things/working in other apps?

:)

AshleyQuick, Mar 14, 2016
  2. JGLTX Win User

Pictures do not ALWAYS display as thumbnail preview wIN 10

For all the time I've had Win10, Pictures file folders and individual pictures have always displayed as thumbnails. In the past couple of weeks they began showing up as just a list of files. I can switch them back to thumbnails but they don't stay thumbnails.

How do I make thumbnails the default?

John

JGLTX, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

jenkins-ear, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

1. Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top? - Similar Threads - individual taskbar thumbnails

2. Can I stream live tv to a small window that stays on top?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I stream live tv to a small window that stays on top?: Let's say that I want to stream a live TV news program, like CNNgo to my Win 10 PC. I want to keep the stream window open in a corner of my screen while I use the PC otherwise. Is there a built in app that can do this or a 3rd party program? Thanks. 131054
  3. Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10: How can I make each window on the taskbar show as an individual entity (like it used to do automatically) rather than, for example, multiple browser windows are hiding in one icon. Other programs also group up like this. In addition I can find no way to remove my user name...
  4. Sticky notes don't stay on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky notes don't stay on top: Hey michaelsoft what the **** is wrong with you. It's called a sticky note why doesn't it stick to the top of windows u **** idiots what is wrong with your garbage company. How can you people live to run a company that is this **** miserable where you can't even make a sticky...
  5. Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons as individual entities on the taskbar in Windows 10: How can I make each window on the taskbar show as an individual entity (like it used to do automatically) rather than, for example, multiple browser windows are hiding in one icon. Other programs also group up like this. In addition I can find no way to remove my user name...
  6. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, when I hover over a program in the taskbar and there are multiple instances open, rather than 2 thumbnails, I get a list. How can I fix this? I have attached a photo to show the issue. [img] 122929
  7. Things going to back and webpage stays on top

in Browsers and Email
    Things going to back and webpage stays on top: I just had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and then all my programs I use. Since then I have been having a nagging problem, i find it hard to explain so I hope the fix is easier. This happens on all webpages, Outlook, for example. No matter if I am on a website or...
  8. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895
  9. Taskbar Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnails: For some reason, hovering over icons on the taskbar bar no long shows the thumbnail/preview of the window and I have no idea of how to get it working again. Any help please? 32563
  10. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews Hanging: I included a screenshot below of the thing I'm referring to, because I've never been told what the actual name of it is. Basically if Windows has been running a long time, the thumbnail previews for windows (from the taskbar) start to hang indefinitely until I click on...