Windows 10: Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

Discus and support Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can the individual taskbar thumbnails (which appear when you mouse over taskbar apps) be set to stay on top while you're doing other things/working in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

Can the individual taskbar thumbnails (which appear when you mouse over taskbar apps) be set to stay on top while you're doing other things/working in other apps?

:)

AshleyQuick, Mar 14, 2016
  2. JGLTX Win User

Pictures do not ALWAYS display as thumbnail preview wIN 10

For all the time I've had Win10, Pictures file folders and individual pictures have always displayed as thumbnails. In the past couple of weeks they began showing up as just a list of files. I can switch them back to thumbnails but they don't stay thumbnails.

How do I make thumbnails the default?

John

JGLTX, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Auto-hide Taskbar and Thumbnails NOT Disappearing

I see many posts, here and elsewhere, complaining that taskbar thumbnails are not visible, disappear too quickly, or how to disable the thumbnails altogether. My problem is on the other side of the fence: For some reason, my taskbar and thumbnails recently
    started staying visible, even when I am working on another task in another window.

For instance, suppose I am in a browser, and mouse to the bottom of the display, which causes the taskbar to appear. When I hover the mouse over the Outlook taskbar icon, the Outlook taskbar thumbnail appears. However, when I return to the browser window,
    and operate there, the taskbar and Outlook thumbnail remain visible.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this behavior?

jenkins-ear, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

1. Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top? - Similar Threads - individual taskbar thumbnails

2. Quick settings and Notification Center stay on top of auto-hidden taskbars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick settings and Notification Center stay on top of auto-hidden taskbars: As you can see from the image below, quick settings and the notification center overlap the taskbar, if auto-hide taskbar is enabled.It's a small, but annoying bug, because it prevents you from clicking on the buttons below, so, I first have to click outside the box to make...
  3. Quick settings and Notification Center stay on top of auto-hidden taskbars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick settings and Notification Center stay on top of auto-hidden taskbars: As you can see from the image below, quick settings and the notification center overlap the taskbar, if auto-hide taskbar is enabled.It's a small, but annoying bug, because it prevents you from clicking on the buttons below, so, I first have to click outside the box to make...
  4. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  5. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  6. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top: I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but often when I highlight and select an open application in my taskbar, the window for that item flashes quickly on screen, and I'm assuming is brought to front and put in focus, before returning to where it was. For example, if I...
  8. Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top

Windows 11 Taskbar Items Not Staying On Top: I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but often when I highlight and select an open application in my taskbar, the window for that item flashes quickly on screen, and I'm assuming is brought to front and put in focus, before returning to where it was. For example, if I...
  9. Taskbar wont stay on top.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar wont stay on top.: I have my taskbar on automatically hide, but sometimes it wont stay on top and goes behind other programs. This is very annoying since it wont show when i put my cursor on it when this happens. I have to use the windows button to show it. Clicking the taskbar wont make it...
  10. taskbar stays on top of maximized window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar stays on top of maximized window: since updating to 1903 the taskbar occasionally stays on top of maximized windows. i have to click it and then click back into the window to get rid of it. not huge deal but happens super often so its annoying. i have already tried restarting windows explorer and also pc like...