Windows 10: can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ?

Discus and support can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm using macrium reflect free V6 6.1.1225 and there is a new version 6.1.1311 will my old backups work if I update it ? also which is better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yafatana, Jun 6, 2016.

1. yafatana Win User

can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ?

I'm using macrium reflect free V6 6.1.1225
    and there is a new version 6.1.1311

will my old backups work if I update it ?
    also which is better uninstall macrium and download the new version
    or just update ?

:)

yafatana, Jun 6, 2016
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 6, 2016
  3. does a clean install of windows 10 erase previous data?

Hi Will,

You have the option of keeping files. However, it is best to do a backup just in case.

Marcrium Reflect - Free

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

See the Clean Install help links in my previous replies.

Let us know if this helps.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi yafatana,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Your old backups will work as normal when you update *Smile

Just updating is enough, if any problem occurs after updating or while updating then uninstalling and downloading the new version might be required.

axe0, Jun 6, 2016
  5. yafatana Win User
    thank you soo much for your reply
    just one more question
    I did not got that proplem about program crash with a long system name etc

so do you recommend to update or not ?

yafatana, Jun 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I recommend that you update yes, it is usually always recommended to stay up to date and 'simply' get used to any changes that have been made *Smile

I've not had any problems with backups from previous versions of Macrium, though this is my own experience. The backups are compatible with V6 of Macrium

axe0, Jun 6, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    V6 will also recover V5 versions if necessary.

cereberus, Jun 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I didn't know that, though I've only been using Macrium when V6 was out and didn't hear about Macrium earlier.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ? - Similar Threads - macrium reflect free

2. Macrium reflect file backup free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium reflect file backup free?: Is the macrium reflect file folder backup free? submitted by /u/87d112 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwui/macrium_reflect_file_backup_free/
  3. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  4. Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free

Unable to create backup in Macrium Reflect Free: I have been stuck for a long time trying to make a backup of a newly created Disk Image. Whatever changes I make to the address of the destination folder I get a popup saying the 'destination folder path is contained within the Image'. I don't know what this means or what to...
  5. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  8. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  9. does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?: to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything or the paid home version is better ? 66978
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310