Windows 10: Can Macromedia/Adode Flash be removed from Windows 10 Creators Edition

Discus and support Can Macromedia/Adode Flash be removed from Windows 10 Creators Edition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I believe that on my Windows 10 PC that Flash may be trying to send messages to website online-metrix.net which I do not want it to do. Can Flash be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Morgan, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Can Macromedia/Adode Flash be removed from Windows 10 Creators Edition

I believe that on my Windows 10 PC that Flash may be trying to send messages to website online-metrix.net which I do not want it to do.

Can Flash be completely removed from Windows 10? By "removed", I mean exterminated and utterly obliterated.

Thanks

:)

Mr Morgan, Aug 10, 2017

2. n96

and by the way,why there is not adode flash lite in n96????is that possible?

shaken---01, Aug 10, 2017
  3. cannot unistall flash player windows 10

I manually deleted the following folders:

\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash

%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player

You have to change owner/permissions to folders in order to delete. (not fun)

This has completely removed flash player from my computer,

however the applet or control panel for

Flash Player (32bit) still exists in

control panel/system and security/.

Which would be removed by a normal uninstall.

Windows 10 upgrade installed flash player.

Flash player did not show up in settings/system/Apps & features

or control panel/programs/uninstall a program.

From where you could do a normal uninstall.

Personally I would not mark this as an answer or solution.

Thank you for keeping in touch with me.

TPeterson1st, Aug 10, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

Flash is only used when You browse the web, and if You allow it to be used!

Depending on which browser You use, there are ways to disconnect Flash. If You use Firefox, You can uninstall it by going to
    "Tools" and click on "Add-on's" find Adobe Flash extension and uninstall it!
    If You use Edge browser, then You have to disallow flash in the browsers Advanced Settings!
    I don't know any way to uninstall it from Edge or IE.

If You disallow the use of flash in Your browser, there will not be any connections made by flash other than checking for new
    updates @ Adobe's website, and even that can be stopped in the Adobe Flash Players settings (control panel)!

If You use Malwarebytes anti malware app, then they just reported that "online-matrix.net" warning
    is "false positive" and is now removed from there app. If You use MBAM then update your definitions!
    See this link:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...ine-metrixnet/

Gordon7, Aug 11, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Flash is not just used by Web Browsers, applications can use it and may install a version required.

I would not worry about it, it is gradually being used less and less.

In Web Browsers like Edge, IE 11, Chrome it's updated automatically so much less of a bother now.

Helmut, Aug 12, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Those two are seen as part of the OS, Flash can only be updated by Microsoft through Windows Update.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Macromedia/Adode Flash be removed from Windows 10 Creators Edition - Similar Threads - Macromedia Adode Flash

2. Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition - box or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition - box or not?: Hello, I want to buy 'Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition 32/64-bit USB Drive International' on a USB. I have 2 questions about it: 1. If I change my hardware significantly e.g. motherboard would I be able to use the same license for this new 'computer' without...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Removed from account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Removed from account: Hi I redeemed a code for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on the 29th July 2015 on this account, i was able to download it and play it just fine. However now when i check the windows store to download it again it says i need to purchase it. Is there any way that you can help...
  4. Windows creator edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator edition: I keep getting a blue screen it just has a arrow and a power symbol and press he arrow press the arrow and it just reboots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-creator-edition/b21a1c5b-4b61-4e48-9063-5abd1143e79e
  5. Windows 10 Creator removes Ccleaner - and keeps removing it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Creator removes Ccleaner - and keeps removing it!: Hi, With the latest Win major update (to build 1709), several programs have been peremptorily removed - without warning the user. This "phenomenon" has been documented and commented on all over the Internet. Apart from the uncouth manner in which such removals happen...
  6. Updating To Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating To Creator Edition: I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update. So I went ahead and started it at around 8 PM. I checked at 1 AM and it was installing at 40%. At 8 AM it was at 80%. At 12...
  7. Windows 10 Creator Edition Restart Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator Edition Restart Problems: I have a Samsung Ultrabook i5 laptop which was working fine prior to upgrading to Windows 10 Creator last week. Instead of upgrading from the prior version, I opted for a complete clean install using Windows 10 Media Installer. I am having a lot of issues with Windows Restart...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question: Just wondering,does the Windows 10 Creators Update Edition work ok when you do a upgrade install,I did it last night and the upgrade went fine,and today when playing world of tanks online game the game was freezing,stuttering,losing FPS and it was not playable.After shutting...
  9. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  10. Windows Creator Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Creator Pro Edition: I am a little confused about the Creators Edition I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro if I install the Creators Edition does it select a Creators Edition Pro or is there such a thing? 83329