Windows 10: Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive

Discus and support Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a bootable windows installation Thumb Drive. Can Macrium make a backup of this thumb drive so in the event of this thumb drive going faulty, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam9, Dec 17, 2015.

1. sam9 Win User

Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive

I have a bootable windows installation Thumb Drive. Can Macrium make a backup of this thumb drive so in the event of this thumb drive going faulty, I could make another Thumb drive with the backup image.

:)

2. Windows 10 backup

Will Macruim Reflect copy bit by bit?

Wafflelamp, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Romaneus Win User
    About windows 10

You can make System Image with "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" not with "File History".

Romaneus, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Why not just save the media from which you created the current one?

Edwin, Dec 17, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Macrium Interface only lists all available SSD/HDD, not thumb drive so the answer is NO.

All you need is using: 7-Zip, WinZip, Winrar, Untra ISO ... to create a single compressed file then store it somewhere. To put it back to another thumb drive, just unzip it.

topgundcp, Dec 17, 2015
  6. sam9 Win User
    You mean, save the files of thumb drive as a .rar file and extract the files in other thumb drive. Will this copy the boot image and make the other drive a successful bootable thumb drive because people says that copy and paste does not make the other thumb drive bootable and this method is also just like copy and paste.

7. topgundcp Win User
    Use any file compression utils as mentioned above and it'll work. Just format the stick with FAT32 then extract to it.

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2015
  8. RolandJS Win User

Unless I'm incorrectly reading between the lines of the respondents to your OP:
    I think you'll be making an ISO off of your current usb stick. That ISO can be placed onto another usb stick.

RolandJS, Dec 18, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    True. You can make an ISO, rar, zip, 7-zip off the stick. Then use one of the utils to unzip back to the new stick fomatted with FAT32 for compatibility with the old version of EFI firmware.

topgundcp, Dec 18, 2015
  10. sam9 Win User
    If it is so simple then why do we need special utilities to create bootable windows thumb drive. Why can't we simply compress the windows installation disk files to a single file and then extract to thumb drive.

11. Berton Win User
    Creating bootable drives/discs requires having a couple or few, usually hidden, files on them that allow the computer to run the process. Compressing files for storage on other media is fairly common but they can't be used until they are decompressed either to the same media if sufficient capacity or to other media.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Macruim Reflect make a backup of Bootable windows Thumb drive - Similar Threads - Macruim Reflect backup

2. How large should a backup thumb drive be?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How large should a backup thumb drive be?: Hello there, I have an Acer Aspire E5-575 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language 1803. I am facing issues with my laptop after updating to version 1909 and a solution to that problem is shifting back to the default OS version. After consulting an authorized...
  3. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  4. Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized: Using my old Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine, I have created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool but the thumb drive is not being recognized by the new (target) PC where I want to install Windows 10, which is running a Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard with...
  5. Which drives to select in Macrium Reflect to make image backup

Which drives to select in Macrium Reflect to make image backup: I am confused which drives you select in MR to make an image. I have an SSD and a data HDD. When opening MR it shows disk 1 with 4 drives. And disk 2 shows 2 drives. Hope this image comes through! If I want to do an image backup with MR which one of these no name, none, Win...
  6. Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it good to backup the registry on a thumb drive?: I am trying to learn the registry so it is essential I have a good backup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-good-to-backup-the-registry-on-a-thumb-drive/af194a36-c956-475a-98aa-9cc63e565e0f
  7. Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive

Use Macrium Reflect to backup a partition or the drive: My laptop, which is essentially a portable version of my desktop, has one physical drive partitioned into System and Data partitions. The Data partition is sync'd with my laptop so, if it were to be lost, it could be readily, though slowly, recovered. I use Reflect to create...
  8. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  9. Macrium Reflect bootable pendrive

Macrium Reflect bootable pendrive: Is it makes any difference if we restore a 64 bit macrium image with a 32 bit MR bootable Pendrive or restore a 32 bit macrium image with 64 bit MR bootable pendrive? 50982
  10. Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive

Macrium Rescue Drive and Backup in same Thumb Drive: I want to have Macrium Rescue and windows backup in one pendrive. If I create two partition in my pendrive, first for rescue and other for keeping backup, is it possible. Because windows only recognize the first primary partition of the pendrive. Sorry found the answer in...