Windows 10: Can My Users Log In From Anywhere?

Discus and support Can My Users Log In From Anywhere? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I expect they can. I have win10. I have four Users. Admin. Myself. My sister. One other. I expect I can log in from anywhere in the world if I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Mar 15, 2017.

1. abrogard Win User

Can My Users Log In From Anywhere?

I expect they can. I have win10. I have four Users. Admin. Myself. My sister. One other.

I expect I can log in from anywhere in the world if I do FTP right?

And so can they, therefore?

So I run IIS and have set it use Windows Authentication. And that's why I made the account for my sister.

It works.

But when she gets here she's confined, of course, to only those directories enabled in IIS.

Why should I bother in that case? Why not get her to just FTP and then she's got the whole computer to look at?

Only thing offhand I can think of is the address. I don't have a domain name. Only an IP + a port number.

Will FTP accept those?

(edit: yes it will. i just tried it. but i couldn't complete a connection to my own machine. i guess that might be because it is my own machine. if i try from somewhere else i think it would work?)

And to round the whole thought out - is there something that is like a 'visual FTP' she could use?

I guess that'd be like remote pc management. So that sort of answers that. Or even teamviewer.

But is there anything else, perhaps something 'built in' (like ftp) but that perhaps only allows viewing?

:)

abrogard, Mar 15, 2017

2. Task Scheduler Windows 10 : when editing a task, user account is set to Medium Mandatory Level

When I edit and then save a task in Task Scheduler, the "user account' is changed.The user account which was my username is changed to "Medium Mandatory Level".

This prevents the task from running as it raises the error :

`Task Scheduler did not launch task "..." because user "Mandatory Label\Medium Mandatory Level" was not logged on when the launching conditions were met. User Action: Ensure user is logged on or change the task definition to allow
    launching when user is logged off.`

(from `Event Log, 'Applications and Service Log/Microsoft/Windows/TaskScheduler/Operational'`)

I can fix that by re-opening the task and setting back the user account to my username but this is cumbersome.

Looping[Around], Mar 15, 2017
  3. When a user logs in, other users are also logged in

Hello,

When a user logs in at my machine on Windows 10, other users also get logged in, while the computer just booted. I noticed this when I tried to shutdown the computer and it warned me that other users are also logged on.

What can I do to stop this from happening?

Regards,

Stefan

Stefan Heesakkers, Mar 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Not really following what you are getting at. User logs only allow you to diagnose what is going on with that user profile, has nothing to do with services or the OS. If you are running Windows Server and trying to run something that cannot be done in an website on that computer, which is what IIS is for.

FTP is handled through policies like everything else, but you have to use Enterprise edition of Windows now to change the GPO.

bro67, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Can My Users Log In From Anywhere? - Similar Threads - Users Log Anywhere

2. I can not find my bitlocker key anywhere

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can not find my bitlocker key anywhere: Ive looked every where for my key asked my administer for it and they don’t have no other accounts have it Im just stuck at this point I’ve tried rebooting it going in to bios but nothing help at all it all leads me back to the start...
  3. I can not find my bitlocker key anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not find my bitlocker key anywhere: Ive looked every where for my key asked my administer for it and they don’t have no other accounts have it Im just stuck at this point I’ve tried rebooting it going in to bios but nothing help at all it all leads me back to the start...
  4. I can not find my bitlocker key anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I access mapped drive from anywhere in the world?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access mapped drive from anywhere in the world?: Hello,I'm not sure if I've found good articles about it but I want to use my mapped drive which is in office be accessible from anywhere in the world. If I have to use VPN, can you tell me best procedure on how to do this?...
  6. How can I access mapped drive from anywhere in the world?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access mapped drive from anywhere in the world?: Hello,I'm not sure if I've found good articles about it but I want to use my mapped drive which is in office be accessible from anywhere in the world. If I have to use VPN, can you tell me best procedure on how to do this?...
  7. Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Inexplicable Reboot: no logs anywhere: -- Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) SO. yeah. as the title says, my win10 is arbitrarily rebooting, this has happened multiple times. There are NO crash logs anywhere, neither Event Viewer nor Reliability Monitor find anything, even after activating higher levels of...
  8. Unable to log in to my microsoft account anywhere in my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in to my microsoft account anywhere in my PC: Hello, I have quite serious problem with my Microsoft account. I can't connect anywhere in Windows - in Microsoft store, Apps such as Your phone, Feedback hub etc. Everytime I click on Log in button, it appears that I didn't click anything. Without any response. Nothing...
  9. Does Windows Defender Exploit Protection log anywhere?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender Exploit Protection log anywhere?: I've used EMET quite a bit in the past. I recently started using the Fall Creators Update "Exploit Protection" feature. I have the settings as aggressive as possible, and I'm not changing them. This post is not asking what Exploit Protection settings I should use. The...
  10. Remove User's name from the logging in window.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove User's name from the logging in window.: Hi All, I am looking for as way to remove the user's name from displaying after credentials have been provided and the machine is logging in. Our login time is between 9 to 18 seconds depending on load I would prefer that the user's name is not displayed on screen during...