Windows 10: Can No longer Access or Find Windows Accessories

Discus and support Can No longer Access or Find Windows Accessories in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Dell Laptop recently had two hard drive "errors". These have been taken care of/repaired? Some programs are now no longer accessible. I'm looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GarCooper, Jan 29, 2018.

1. GarCooper Win User

Can No longer Access or Find Windows Accessories

My Dell Laptop recently had two hard drive "errors". These have been taken care of/repaired? Some programs are now no longer accessible. I'm looking at Windows Accessories first because I needed to use the Snipping Tool.

A search for help came up with Reindexing the Hard Drive. That ran much longer than reasonable (5+ hours) and I ended it.

How can I restore the Snipping Tool, Accessories, and other lost software? I know I could reinstall Windows, but what are the other possibilities?

Thanks.

Gar Cooper

:)

GarCooper, Jan 29, 2018

2. Danger! Can No Longer Access Contacts or Calendar on my Motorola MPX220

I saw a post on Arne Hess' site that described the hard reset for your deviec as:

Press and hold the blue action key and switch on the phone. If it asks you to format press yes.

After you have to power it on again.

You can see that thread here:

http://www.theunwired.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=20308

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Danger! Can No Longer Access Contacts or Calendar on my Motorola MPX220

Not even a clue why that is happening other than something went belly up. If it were mine, I would Hard Reset and set up the sync.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 29, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

What were the errors and how repaired? Are the files not there is there any check disk files? Depending on the errors you dontknow what else is corrupt

Samuria, Jan 29, 2018
  5. GarCooper Win User
    Please be aware I'm not an IT pro.

What were the errors and how repaired? The system began running very slowly. I didn't log details but I ran some Windows diagnostics which located the disk problems (bad sectors?) and offered to repair. Things OK for a couple of days. Then got a msg. that the system had repaired some hard disk problems. After that, I noticed that Windows accessories were missing.

Are the files not there. What directory should I look at? Are they exe files? is there any check disk files? What directory should I look at or how do I find them?

Depending on the errors you dontknow what else is corrupt. True!

GarCooper, Jan 29, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Thy are in windows\system32 if the drive has bad secotor the disk is on its way out so backup asap and a new disk will be needed

Samuria, Jan 29, 2018
  7. GarCooper Win User
    I made a system image today.

I entered *.chk in the search box for Windows Systm32. 0 *.chk files

I did find snippingtool.exe there and put a shortcut in Start.

Is reindexing called for? If so, how do I monitor it's progress? Task Manager and Resource Monitor indicated something was happening but don't show whether progress is being made.

GarCooper, Jan 29, 2018
  8. essenbe Win User

Have you tried running, in an elevated command prompt (search cmd, right click and run as administrator), Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then run sfc /scannow

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can No longer Access or Find Windows Accessories - Similar Threads - longer Access Find

2. Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11: For some unknown reason, my system can no longer access iCloud. When I try to log in I get the following error:"An error occurred during authentication. Please try again."Windows 11 Pro 22621.1848...
  3. Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer access iCloud on Windows 11: For some unknown reason, my system can no longer access iCloud. When I try to log in I get the following error:"An error occurred during authentication. Please try again."Windows 11 Pro 22621.1848...
  4. Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera: Hi there Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera even though I've had no software/hardware updates - it was during the day when I came back to the computer after a break. Have checked settings and no clue as to why it's not available and no options to remove...
  5. Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?: I have installed Windows on my SSD today I have 2 HDDs and one SSD in my PC but I can't access my apps stored on the HDDs I can see the files and the drives are also displayed. How can I make the HDDs work as before? Dateien nach Windows neu installation nicht mehr aufrufbar?
  6. Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files can no longer be accessed after Windows reinstallation?: I have installed Windows on my SSD today I have 2 HDDs and one SSD in my PC but I can't access my apps stored on the HDDs I can see the files and the drives are also displayed. How can I make the HDDs work as before? Dateien nach Windows neu installation nicht mehr aufrufbar?
  7. Windows 10 can no longer access hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can no longer access hard drive: Hi all, After a reboot yesterday, the system wants to do a scan & repair of hard drive D on start up. After waiting several hours, it does not progress past 1% complete. I am able to cancel it and log in as normal but performance very slow. I can still see drive D in...
  8. Windows Accessories

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Accessories: All of a sudden, I cannot open Paint or other Windows accessories! I have doine a system restore and that did not help. Please advise! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-accessories/4faedac5-2335-42db-8a48-f34a94bd868f"
  9. Windows accessories

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows accessories: How can I save a Notebook text on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-accessories/ae1aaa05-7d4a-4c79-8f44-35ae5beb86b0
  10. can no longer access my Windows 10 account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can no longer access my Windows 10 account...: A couple of days ago I posted regarding eliminating a user profile if the files it contained were shared by another profile (Are shared documents and files removed from PC if one account deleted? - Windows 10 Forums) Yesterday I deleted the account C:\Users\Person A....