Windows 10: Can no longer boot up automatically using UEFI

Discus and support Can no longer boot up automatically using UEFI in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just upgraded to Win10. I am using the computer as a HTPC and need the PC to boot up automatically each day so it can runs some scripts. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klausindc, Sep 18, 2015.

1. klausindc Win User

Can no longer boot up automatically using UEFI

Hi,

I just upgraded to Win10. I am using the computer as a HTPC and need the PC to boot up automatically each day so it can runs some scripts. I have been doing this by enabling the computer to automatically boot up within the UEFI . This no longer works after the Win 10 upgrade. Does anyone have suggestions how I can fix this problem, thanks.

:)

klausindc, Sep 18, 2015
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Windows 10 System Image Restore is not working

Not knowing all that was done to get your system to boot, you may have ended up changing your boot configuration.

So, if you are now using a MBR boot instead of a EFI boot, Windows 10 may no longer be activated.

If the problem is you are booting the recovery media as MBR for some reason instead of UEFI you might get that message.

When you boot the recovery media are you using the Boot Device menu and selecting the UEFI version of the install media? If you created the recovery media did you format the Flash Drive as FAT32?

Can you get us a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window while booted into Win 10 and expand so we can read partition designations?

Saltgrass, Sep 18, 2015
  3. How disable automatic setting of start up disk in UEFI in Windows 10

I have 2 disks and UEFI motherboard.

The first disk is used for boot and in an EFI partition is Clover boot loader. On that disk are several OS.

On the second disk is only Windows 10 also with an EFI partition.

Clover bootloader shows me all my OS including Windows 10.

My issue began approximately 3 weeks ago. Every time I boot into Windows 10 it changes my start up disc order and the disk where is Windows 10 installed is the first. I can no longer boot to any of my other non-Windows OS unless I edit in UEFI the
    start up disk order.

Because I didn't upgrade UEFI or Clover I suspect some Windows 10 update that started to test if his EFI partition is correctly set as a boot disk.

Frantisek Boranek, Sep 18, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Sep 18, 2015
  5. klausindc Win User
    Thanks very much! Did the trick

klausindc, Sep 18, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Hybrid shutdown used by fast startup won't pass control back to bios for startup, it's more like a deep sleep.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can no longer boot up automatically using UEFI - Similar Threads - longer boot automatically

2. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  3. UEFI boot start up issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot start up issues: Hello Microsoft Community,Looking to change boot from Legacy to UEFI and have updated my bios settings to enable UEFI and to boot from UEFI. After changing I am unable to boot and get the No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine error.From my understanding...
  4. Windows can no longer boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  5. Windows can no longer boot.

Windows can no longer boot.: Hello,My computer was working perfectly fine and was updated from a fresh windows 10 install to windows 11. The only issue I had was that if I didn't have my windows install USB plugged in, then my motherboard would display 40 code and windows would freeze at the waking up...
  6. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  7. SSD no longer boots up

SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  8. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Set use account to automatically start on boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set use account to automatically start on boot up: My Win 10 1909, on boot up, automatically logs in to my account local. I've given the computer to my wife, to use for working from home thanks, COVID-19, and I created a user account for her local as well. How do I configure so it automatically log on to her user account?...
  10. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus uefi not booting automatically

2. Wiped UFEI from bios dell