Windows 10: Can no longer "Run as Administator"

Discus and support Can no longer "Run as Administator" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated Win10 on my machine. It took well over an hour to run, and has added quite a nice selection of features. The minor (not!) problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by youradds, Jun 14, 2017.

1. youradds Win User

Can no longer "Run as Administator"

Hi,

I just updated Win10 on my machine. It took well over an hour to run, and has added quite a nice selection of features. The minor (not!) problem though, as now I can't "Run as Administrator"! I see the option when right clicking the program, but if I click on it nothing happens (I used to get an alert, asking me if I wanted to do it). Are there any bits I can check? I really need it, as I'm doing a server move today, and need to edit the `hosts` file to check the site works, before we put the DNS live *Sad

Cheers

Andy

:)

youradds, Jun 14, 2017

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Jun 14, 2017
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Jun 14, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jun 14, 2017
  5. youradds Win User
    Hi,

I never used to have to do that. I would right click > Run as Administrator > click the confirm button the alert, and voila. It's literally this morning this has started (after the last update). I don't really want to turn off UAC fully, as that leaves me open to virus/malware/hacks :/

UPDATE: I just tried disabling UAC, but no joy either.

Cheers

Andy

youradds, Jun 14, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Do you have any users that are members of administrators group? Run net localgroup administrators from command prompt to check..

Code: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\Windows\system32> net localgroup administrators Alias name administrators Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain Members ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hali Administrator The command completed successfully. PS C:\Windows\system32>[/quote]

7. youradds Win User
    Thanks. Thisis what I get:

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Andy>net localgroup administrators Alias name administrators Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain Members ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Administrator Andy The command completed successfully. C:\Users\Andy>[/quote] Also, as an attempt to get the functionality back, I have uninstall the KB4022725 path (but not the other major Windows one). Unfortunately this still didn't help *Sad

youradds, Jun 14, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

Not sure then, sorry. You could try rebooting, running sfc /scannow and/or make another user Andy2 (that is member of Administrators group) and see if any of those work.

9. youradds Win User
    Thanks. My brother who works in IT support at a local office, has said the update has caused mayhem at their office as well. Good job Microsoft :/

youradds, Jun 14, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    Copy this to a text editor and save as InstallTakeOwnership.reg. It will make a RC entry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" && icacls "%1" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" && icacls "%1" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" /r /d y && icacls "%1" /grant administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" /r /d y && icacls "%1" /grant administrators:F /t"

CountMike, Jun 14, 2017
  11. youradds Win User
    Thanks. Unfortunately I get this error when trying to run:

Can no longer "Run as Administator" [​IMG]

I created it as a .txt file, then renamed it to the .reg, and then tried to run it

Thanks

Andy

youradds, Jun 14, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jun 14, 2017
  13. youradds Win User

Thanks. That installed. What exactly was it supposed to do though? *Smile I just tried opening the program again as "Administrator", and no joy. Tried opening it as normal user, and get the permission error (the program is a hosts file editor tool, so I have to run it as admin to be able to edit the hosts.txt file)

Cheers

Andy

youradds, Jun 14, 2017
  14. CountMike New Member
    Taking ownership unlocks a file so you can change it's attributes to always open as Administrator.

CountMike, Jun 14, 2017
  15. youradds Win User
    Ah ok - so how do I do that? If I try and edit the hosts.txt file, I still get permission denied errors.

Cheers

Andy

youradds, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Can no longer "Run as Administator" - Similar Threads - longer Run Administator

2. Changing administer email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing administer email: I'm having trouble changing details for my administer account. I want to change the email address associated with the account to the one I'm using currently, but when trying to add it as an alias it says the email is already taken. If I unlink the device associated with the...
  3. Changing administer email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing administer email: I'm having trouble changing details for my administer account. I want to change the email address associated with the account to the one I'm using currently, but when trying to add it as an alias it says the email is already taken. If I unlink the device associated with the...
  4. Guest Is administator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guest Is administator: Hello, I have some problem with my administrator account ... my administrator account was fine I had it but... it's somehow messed up and now the administrator is a guest when I try to run administrator its shows an error and says: 'The Filename, directory name or volume...
  5. Guest Is administator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guest Is administator: Hello, I have some problem with my administrator account ... my administrator account was fine I had it but... it's somehow messed up and now the administrator is a guest when I try to run administrator its shows an error and says: 'The Filename, directory name or volume...
  6. Guest Is administator

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. computer Administer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer Administer: someone borrowed my laptop, made themselves Administer and now i cannot open certain things. how do i change myself admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-administer/100126cd-1ad0-464b-9b6d-f4e4e098696f
  8. Programs can no longer run on this PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs can no longer run on this PC: [ATTACH] My laptop, hp probook 64bit i5 2gb ram shutdown impropaly and now it can not run some of the applications.exe initialy installed. Kindly, any expert assist me....
  9. OneDrive not working and cant run anything as administer

OneDrive not working and cant run anything as administer: Hello, I have never posted anything like this before, I can usually figure these things out but I have tried everything. For one I cant open onedrive it says in my system tray but I cant even click on it anywhere else. Another thing is I cant run as administer for anything...
  10. No administer accounts

No administer accounts: My pc has unable to enter the sign in screen and keeps going to the "choose an option" blue screen. But when I try to use any of the advanced options it says I need to sign in to an administer account to continue but there aren't any. When i try to reset the pc, it says...