Windows 10: Can not activate

Discus and support Can not activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently installed build 10159. It seems to work fine except for the fact that the desktop back ground is all black. I right clicked and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Frank1, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Can not activate

I recently installed build 10159. It seems to work fine except for the fact that the desktop back ground is all black. I right clicked and chose "Personalize" to get a different background. But it gave me a message telling me that I cannot personalize until I activate Windows. So I went into Settings and clicked on Activation. Then a message popped up saying that it couldn't activate now and to try again later. I tried several times but got the same message.

:)

Frank1, Jul 1, 2015
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Can not activate windows after reinstall 7 can not chat with microsoft, what do I do?

Hi Alan,

Just to clarify, did you downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7? I'd like to know if you still have your product key with you as this can help you with this issue. May I also know if what is the exact error code showing on your end? Knowing this will help
    us in giving you the steps in resolving this.

I'll be waiting for your update.

Ian Ser, Jul 1, 2015
  3. AlanFlinn Win User
    Can not activate windows after reinstall 7 can not chat with microsoft, what do I do?

what do I do

AlanFlinn, Jul 1, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Can not activate

this is a known issue with MS and MSDN - they are having issues with the activation server

there are 10159 keys posted on the insider blog - but those are giving issues too..

Since we are getting close to release - the activaction seems to be the issue MS is now working on..

some who have upgraded to the new build - get activated and some do not..
    some who use a MS account only get activation on one PC
    those how clean install need an activation key

it is all work in progress and best to leave it be - as they are addressing the issue ( or so I read)

Kyhi, Jul 1, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thanks for the information.. I won't worry about it for now.

Frank1, Jul 2, 2015
  6. venla Win User
    cannot activate since

venla, Jul 2, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    I've never had to enter a Product Key nor been notified to Activate. Mine was a clean install on an empty HDD several months ago, just finished installing Build 10162 and prepping the .iso file to burn the DVD to use on another computer.

Berton, Jul 2, 2015
  8. rvbfan Win User

Can not activate

Ditto.

rvbfan, Jul 2, 2015
  9. redstar57 Win User
    give a try to activate by phone .... run slui4

redstar57, Jul 2, 2015
  10. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Jul 2, 2015
  11. bagavan Win User
    From the first post here,

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs - Windows 10 Forums

First time I was asked for a key installing these builds.[/quote] Can u activate using 8 key after installation?

bagavan, Jul 2, 2015
  12. DavidY Win User
    To all those who haven't been notified to activate... if you go to the Win X menu and look at System, does it show you as Activated?

I can't get it to activate at all, on at least 2 (maybe 3, I lost count) machines.

DavidY, Jul 2, 2015
  13. Frank1 Win User

Can not activate

I used that same key but it still would not get activated.

Frank1, Jul 2, 2015
  14. Sunnova Win User
    I had the same problem with the new 10162 build.

From an elevated command prompt, do

slmgr /ipk 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

use the key for the version you are using, said it activated fine.

Sunnova, Jul 3, 2015
  15. Phone Man Win User
    Same here. No error code but says can't activate now, try later.
    Must be a server problem.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 3, 2015
Thema:

Can not activate

1. Can not activate - Similar Threads - activate

2. The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???: Am i stuck having to pay for Windows myself now??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-given-to-me-has-windows-not-activated/59f9a336-f1b5-4591-849f-a449e89c7124
  3. The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???: Am i stuck having to pay for Windows myself now??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-given-to-me-has-windows-not-activated/59f9a336-f1b5-4591-849f-a449e89c7124
  4. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  5. Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...

Help with windows activation on a new pc build that required a motherboard swapped after...: Help, I built my first pc. I installed windows and then realized my motherboard was damaged. I swapped motherboard using all the same components besides the motherboard. I have a pop up in thr lower right hand corner telling me activate windows but when I click on it I'm told...
  6. "Display 2 Isn't Active" ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Display 2 Isn't Active" ?: Hello,I have two monitors connected to my desktop computer. I use both monitors and today only 1 botted up. I though it was cable problem, co I switched cables and that didint helped. So I disconnected one monitor and then voila the other monitor worked. I tried both the DP...
  7. "Display 2 Isn't Active" ?

"Display 2 Isn't Active" ?: Hello,I have two monitors connected to my desktop computer. I use both monitors and today only 1 botted up. I though it was cable problem, co I switched cables and that didint helped. So I disconnected one monitor and then voila the other monitor worked. I tried both the DP...
  8. "Display 2 Isn't Active" ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  10. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...