Windows 10: can not boot up after doing system restore

Discus and support can not boot up after doing system restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i wanted to wipe out my pc so i did a system restore and choose the option *do this if your are selling the pc" now i am stuck on a recovery page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by calgaryflames, Apr 8, 2017.

1. can not boot up after doing system restore

i wanted to wipe out my pc so i did a system restore and choose the option *do this if your are selling the pc"

now i am stuck on a recovery page that says:

Recovery
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
    The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors.
    File:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    Error code: 0xc0000221

You'll need to use recovery tools. if you dont have any installation media ( like a disc or USB devive), contact your PC admin or PC/Device manufacturer

Press enter to try again
    press F8 for startup settings
    Press F9 to use a different operating system.

i downloaded windows 10 on my laptop and created a flash drive on my eternal hard drive i go into boot options and set it as priority and then i get the message that no operating system is found. I have a windows 7 and windows XP disc have tried both and also just goes to the Recovery page.

not sure what else to do, im defiantly not a computer wiz.

any help is appreciated thanks

:)

calgaryflames, Apr 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 Anniversary update causing problems

After the Anniversary update my pc is unusable. It will not boot into windows, if I do a system restore it restores ok until it boots up then fails. I can access safe mode but the security tab will not open so I can go back to the previous build. Any ideas
    and help appreciated

TonyDohertyxo, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Win 10 failure after reboot

After running Win 10 upgrade from Win 8.1 - I cannot get my system to boot up - it goes into a reboot cycle and displays a message about system Thread...

i did setup system restore after my upgrade and it has been running fine for nearly a week.

How I can restore something to allow the boot to complete?

I do not have any original media from the Win 10 upgrade - just what was downloaded from the msoft site for the original upgrade,

SamCourtney, Apr 8, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

can not boot up after doing system restore

What did you use to create the Windows 10 USB flash drive with?

NavyLCDR, Apr 8, 2017
  5. windows 10 tool and then reformatted my external drive into a flash drive

i'm currently downloading the tool again to burn to a disk to see if that works

calgaryflames, Apr 8, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    K. Next...how did you "format your external drive into a flash drive?"

To make an external hard drive bootable on a UEFI computer, you need a FAT32 partition on it. Then you will mount the Windows 10 ISO file downloaded with something like the Media Creation Tool and copy all the files and folders from the ISO file to the FAT32 partition on the external hard drive.

Here is what mine looks like:

can not boot up after doing system restore [​IMG]

can not boot up after doing system restore [​IMG]

In order to make the external hard drive bootable in a legacy bios computer, there are a couple of more steps required. The NTFS partition on my external hard drive is where I keep backup images.

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Ok I will figure out how to partition my HD like that and get back to this thread, I k ow I did not do that

calgaryflames, Apr 9, 2017
  8. can not boot up after doing system restore

...deleted answered my own question.

calgaryflames, Apr 13, 2017
  9. Ok I have my external hd looking like that I tried to copy my
    windows.iso to the ntfs partition and then copied it over to the fat32 but
    when I boot the pc and go into bios it won't boot from there

calgaryflames, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

can not boot up after doing system restore

1. can not boot up after doing system restore - Similar Threads - boot doing system

2. Windows XP laptop system restore can not boot how to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP laptop system restore can not boot how to do?: The page that appears after startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-laptop-system-restore-can-not-boot-how/aa01c8cf-9524-4db4-8eb1-6bbbcb52c265
  3. Windows XP laptop system restore can not boot how to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP laptop system restore can not boot how to do?: The page that appears after startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-laptop-system-restore-can-not-boot-how/aa01c8cf-9524-4db4-8eb1-6bbbcb52c265
  4. How can Deleted system be restored and to boot window ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can Deleted system be restored and to boot window ON: I downloaded and deleted an app got my system deleted everything, booting window is not opening right now. I tried ways to open window nothing can't recover, can't reset, I used Command:C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowThis appear. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  5. System Restore Failing and Windows not booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Failing and Windows not booting up: Hi,I tried updating my display driver AMD Radeon and it crashed at 97%. So I force shut it down and my laptop Dell enter the login screen. The screen is just blank after the Dell screen. I tried System Restore from the recovery options and none of the recovery points work....
  6. Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 won’t boot after System Restore: System Restore is a feature that allows you to take Windows 10 to a state where everything was working fine. But then it may so happen that when you try tried restoring, the computer just does not reboot! The system may initiate an Automatic Repair, but it keeps booting back...
  7. PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore

PC will not boot to Windows after doing a system restore: My Thinkpad was sent in to Lenovo for warranty service mother board replacement. It has been returned to factory settings. After doing the Windows setup I did a recovery of a system backup using my backup software. After that the Thinkpad would no longer boot to Windows. It...
  8. Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to boot, can boot in safe mode but can't do a successful system restore or...: Hi All, One day my computer crashed while gaming and since then windows will not boot. It will have the windows ten loader come up with the blue windows and then fail black screen or on occasion make it to the blue recovery screen. From there we have tried the command...
  9. System restored will not boot

System restored will not boot: I restored a backup, now it will no boot. Tried all repair options I can find, no joy, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restored-will-not-boot/7fff9b58-55c0-4b21-91b4-b83c2d63124d
  10. Messed up system after macrium restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Messed up system after macrium restore: I restored a macrium image but system is not what it shoud be, I have the "restore" partition (win 8.1) mapped as "D" drive and what used to be "D" drive is now "F". Any Idea? is it possible to fix this? Thanks! [img] 117955