Windows 10: Can not change the screen size on my monitor.

Discus and support Can not change the screen size on my monitor. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason I can't seem to figure out I can not change the size of the screen on my monitor. I have tried everything in personalization and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brokenbullet, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Can not change the screen size on my monitor.

For some reason I can't seem to figure out I can not change the size of the screen on my monitor. I have tried everything in personalization and display settings. Nothing is working. I have looked online and can not find answers there either. If anyone has any advise it would be very helpful.

:)

Brokenbullet, Jul 29, 2015
  2. ashakil Win User

How to change monitor aspect ratio without centering screen

I cracked a portion of my monitor screen and now the right most part doesn't work, I wanted to ask how I can adjust my aspect ratio without centering the screen.

I have tried changing the aspect ratio through Intel HD graphics control using the slider but it changes the output size bit keeps the screen centered. I wanted to know how I can change the size whilst keeping the left end of the screen anchored to the left
    end of my monitor.

Thanks

ashakil, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Colleton Win User
    Screen Flashing Randomly after Windows 10 Upgrade

My screen flashes (with an accompanying sound chime) but does not go black. It's like trying to change fonts and font sizes as though its trying to better size itself on the monitor. Maybe my monitor (somewhat old) is physically limiting Windows 10?
    I would think I could change a display setting somewhere?

Colleton, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can not change the screen size on my monitor.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. kglusing Win User
    I don't know if bullet's issue was resolved, but I'm having a similar problem after installing Windows 10 today. I have no options beyond 1280 x 1024 on my 21" monitor, so I'm stuck with about 1" black bars on the top and bottom, and 1.5" on either side. This is irritating because it was fine on Windows 7 before I ran the install.

Please help.

kglusing, Aug 8, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    Have installed the latest graphics drivers?

7. kglusing Win User
    You know, I wish I could say I had thought of that. Done now and it looks great. Thank you for reminding me of what should have been obvious.

kglusing, Aug 8, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

're welcome. *Smile

Thema:

1. Can not change the screen size on my monitor. - Similar Threads - change screen size

2. Lock screen photo changed size with 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen photo changed size with 2nd monitor: I recently purchased a 2nd monitor and now whenever i turn on my PC, the photo I chose for my lock screen has enlarged so now only a small part of one of the upper corners of the original images is shown.Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Lock screen photo changed size with 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen photo changed size with 2nd monitor: I recently purchased a 2nd monitor and now whenever i turn on my PC, the photo I chose for my lock screen has enlarged so now only a small part of one of the upper corners of the original images is shown.Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Diffent sized monitors and the different sizes of the screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diffent sized monitors and the different sizes of the screens: I have a 3440x1440 and 1920x1080 dual monitor setup and as shown in the picture have a big size difference of what's displayed on the screens, I have tried changing the magnification but it didn't make a difference. Any help would be appreciated :...
  5. Change physical monitor size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change physical monitor size?: Hi, I have a laptop with a 15,6" UHD screen, and a second external monitor which is 24", but 1080p. Because of the screen resolution difference, Windows assumes my laptop screen is larger than my external monitor, while the physically it's the other way around. This makes...
  6. Monitor Screen Size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Screen Size: Windows 10 downloaded automatically 2 days ago and now the screen size on my monitor has changed. I have a Samsung S24B300EL monitor that worked perfectly until the download. Now the screen when it fills the monitor is too large and some of the sidebars are missing. The...
  7. screen saver sizing on monitor

screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  8. Changing the screen size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing the screen size: When I enter some web sites I find that the some of the wording on the right hand side does not fit the screen. I tried to change the resolution size from the 1600 x 900 recommended to 1400 x 1050, but the message said " windows could not change this display. I tried another...
  9. How to adjust monitor screen size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to adjust monitor screen size?: Hi! I cracked my monitor on left side. Now i want to adjust monitor size. How to do that? Image: https://imgur.com/a/1bFPRMs Regards Ales
  10. Change 'virtual' screen size?

Change 'virtual' screen size?: [ATTACH] I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a 27 inch 4K screen and a 15 inch 4K laptop screen. When I am on a desk, the 24 and 27 inch are mostly used, but as these screen...