Windows 10: Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB

Discus and support Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to download windows 10 ISO to install to my new computer when I build it since it does not have a optical drive. (I bought the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arknausrip, May 28, 2017.

1. Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB

I am trying to download windows 10 ISO to install to my new computer when I build it since it does not have a optical drive. (I bought the windows 10 CD) I started downloading and when it was "verifying" the download it was stuck at 51% for 2 hours. I just when to task manager and closed the download so I could restart it. But when I try to delete the windows 10 files off the hard drive it the window for the hard drive closes and when I re open it everything is still there. help?

:)

arknausrip, May 28, 2017
  2. Eldakka Win User

Can Asus Transformer T100TA 32GB Version Get Windows 10 Upgrade?

Yes it can be downloaded to the SD card (or a plugged in USB device), at least it can be if you go to Microsoft.com and download it directly.

If you do this, that is go and download it directly, you can download an ISO (for transferring to DVD/USB) or a USB installation version.

Download that, transfer it to a bootable USB stick, and delete the image from the T100's internal storage if you need to recover the space.

Then boot off the USB stick and install from there.

Eldakka, May 28, 2017
  3. Kirkgolf Win User
    Windows 10 error

How do I get Windows 10 ISO burned to a USB? What is the media creation tool? How do I boot off the USB instead of the DVD?

Kirkgolf, May 28, 2017
  4. Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB

Welcome to the forums arknausrip!

Have you tried formatting the USB?

indianacarnie, May 28, 2017
  5. Thank you.

I tried to format>restore device defaults and it said "windows was unable to complete the format"

arknausrip, May 28, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Do you currently have a working operating system?
    If so open administrative command prompt and run these commands:
    1) winver (there should be a pop up, view the windows version and build and post into the forum)
    2) sfc /scannow (it should take less than 10 minutes to run, post the results into the forum
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (it should take less than 10 minutes to run, post the results into the forum)

Do you want to perform
    1) an upgrade of the operating system?
    2) a clean install of the operating system (deleting partitions, formatting the dirve, making an unallocated drive) and then reinstalling the operating system)?
    3) install an operating system on a drive that has never had an operating system?

On a working computer have you created a bootable windows 10 iso from this web site:

Download Windows 10

If so check the bootable windows 10 iso on another computer to confirm that it is bootable and working properly.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB

1. Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB - Similar Threads - delete iso off

2. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  3. How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a truly bootable USB off of windows ISO?: First of all - how difficult to get support from Microsoft these days - incredible that there is no real time support available, with a phone line that directs to the website that directs here.In any case - I've downloaded the Microsoft Windows 10 ISO, and tried about 10...
  4. ISO TO USB

ISO TO USB: I want to burn my iso file to usb but i don't have admin rights anyone who knows pls answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iso-to-usb/d9a44a17-88ce-4b7b-a313-ed4689f62ca1
  5. installing windows 10 from a usb iso

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    installing windows 10 from a usb iso: Hi there, I've been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo V110-15AST laptop for a month, but unsuccessfully. I watched many videos and used the CMD prompt but dd not succeed. My problem started when I deleted the partition where the windows 10 was installed after...
  6. burn windows 10 iso to usb error

burn windows 10 iso to usb error: hi,plz i want help when i install windows 10 iso from microsoft site it giving me black screen when booting but when i download windows 10 lite or any other versoins it booting with any program and any usb flash i used refus latest versoin and ultra iso and many programs...
  7. Windows 10 ISO is too big for usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ISO is too big for usb.: I were using my windows 10 until it crashed, after it showed a screen of repairing. I used everything that i need saving files but it just didn't do anything. I left my pc for night but in morning it just showed a blue screen No text or something . After that i cannot repair...
  8. downloading Windows 10 ISO file into USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading Windows 10 ISO file into USB: I want to know if downloading of Windows 10 ISO file into a USB is a long process. I started downloading four hours ago an it is still going on. I see just 43% now...
  9. Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO: Hey guys is this possible? Because I will put in my DVD Drive from my old PC to my newer build because i can't seem to use my flash drive to install windows because it's giving me "Windows can only be installed on GPT disks" error. 70782
  10. You can delete the app from ISO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can delete the app from ISO?: Good evening I wonder if you can delete apps from ISO Thank you 25595

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleting iso off usb