Windows 10: Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive

Discus and support Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I connected my drive to a new Windows 10 computer. I can't find the little icon that you can right click to remove the drive. Is there a way to enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arkas, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Arkas Win User

Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive

I connected my drive to a new Windows 10 computer. I can't find the little icon that you can right click to remove the drive. Is there a way to enable it?
    Otherwise the drive is working fine.
    Thanks.

:)

Arkas, Jul 17, 2018

2. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 17, 2018
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    ejecting a usb drive in 10

Click on the Show Hidden Icons in the right side of the Taskbar. The icon to eject USB drives is in there. It's Not a really good idea just to pull out a USB drive !!

WindowsOS, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive

Removing a USB drive without 'ejecting' first

Hello,

Normally I eject a USB drive within Windows 10 before unplugging the hardware. I once understood garbage can be left behind when not ejecting first.

Sometimes ejecting don't work because Windows says it's in use (for no reason according to me). In those cases I shut down Windows or I unplug the USB drive without ejecting first.

• Is this garbage being left behind in Windows or on the USB drive?
    • How can I remove this garbage afterwards?
    Thanks in advance

SJW

Sjoerd-Jaap Westra, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive

1. Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive - Similar Threads - find little USB

2. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with ejecting an usb drive: Good evening, I had a problem where when I was safely ejecting my USB drive, it showed me that the drive was in use and I had to close all the programs which are there in the drive running. No programs were running from the drive. I also tried to look in Task Manager but I...
  3. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with ejecting an usb drive: Good evening, I had a problem where when I was safely ejecting my USB drive, it showed me that the drive was in use and I had to close all the programs which are there in the drive running. No programs were running from the drive. I also tried to look in Task Manager but I...
  4. Problem with ejecting an usb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issues to eject USB drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues to eject USB drive: I plugged in a USB drive to my computer Windows 10, supplied the BitLocker password. I then opened the drive in the File Explorer. I opened 3 Word documents and 2 JPG files. I didn't make any changes. I then went to "Show Hidden Icons" on the task bar. I had no applications...
  6. Ejecting usb drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ejecting usb drive: After updating to Windows 10 version 2004, when trying to eject an external usb drive, I continuously receive the error message that the drive is in use and to wait and try again later. No matter how long I wait, this message recurs when nothing I can see is using the drive....
  7. Icon for ejecting usb stick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for ejecting usb stick: The icon has disappeared that I use to eject a usb safely. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/icon-for-ejecting-usb-stick/5f83f60a-7497-4029-883c-4c843ef7ec54
  8. Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive

Can not find the little USB icon to eject drive: I connected my drive to a new Windows 10 computer. I can't find the little icon that you can right click to remove the drive. Is there a way to enable it? Otherwise the drive is working fine. Thanks. 114222
  9. Problem with USB eject icon

Problem with USB eject icon: On windows 10 (10240 build with all updated), lately I have a problem with the "eject usb" icon in taskbar, when I have a External HDD or USB in my PC (any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port) and then I do click in "safely remove hardware" in the eject icon, I don't get notification or...
  10. USB drives that won't eject

USB drives that won't eject: Like, apparently, many people, I frequently find that USB drives won't eject because they are supposedly in use. I have seen this question posted in many places, but I have yet to see a solution that works. There are two solutions which are supposed to work, but don't....